Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Melrose Sees Significant Hike in Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/11/13/sec3-od%20deaths%20by%20city-town%20Nov-17.pdf

Melrose
2012 1 death
2013 5 deaths
2014 4 deaths
2015 2 deaths
2016 8 deaths

And predictably you haven't been informed about this from the administration, the Chamber, the school officials, and least of all the realtors. It's a nationwide concern, but here, we still pretend that Melrose is "special" and immune from the ugliness and horror that the rest of society is confronting in a straightforward and mature way.

Re: Melrose Sees Significant Hike in Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths

I don't recall reading about any overdose deaths. It's obvious Dolan wouldn't post it on the city blog - it contradicts his narrative. Aren't deaths due to illegal activity required to be noted in the police logs? Why wouldn't overdose deaths be front page news in the Melrose papers?

I hope you're being facetious. Why do you think it isn't reported?

Opioid addiction is at and all time high. Don’t expect our city’s leaders to tell you melrose has a major problem.
Thanks to our first responders who know the real facts just ask one they’ll tell you. Also thank them it might be one of yours they save someday!

I'm surprised those numbers are that low. Without thinking too hard I feel like a I knew a couple more people than reported for each year.

Last month in Reading a student killed himself now in Stoneham.