Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Speed enforcement

No, actually, it's exactly the opposite. The Free Press, in it's journalistic excellence, simply grabs the police log and prints what's in it, when what they ought to be reporting on is the content of the police report on each incident - two different things. The log only contains the initial entry on an incident. For instance, if the initial call describes a man sleeping in a car, that's what goes into the log entry. The problem is that the log entries sometimes don't describe what's actually happening because no one ever goes back in an edits it once an officer arrives on scene and finds out. All that is contained in the report, and the Free Press never asks for those.

It's not the Mayor and Police who are in cahoots. Most of the cops can't stand the Mayor. It's the Mayor (and the realtors) and the newspapers that are in cahoots - they won't print anything that would contradict the image of Melrose as a wonderful community unless they can't bury it. It's all bull$hit.

We receive so much money in the over night parking and parking lots. They did not record the amount brought in for this. Melrose, is a place you cut through, or doctors appointment. Not too much goes on here. That is why I moved here a long time ago.

I was thinking it was around this time of year that the tragic accident on Howard St happened. I don't remember reading if it was because of sun, speed, or any other cause. I know they had reenactment. I hope the reduced speed is working on Howard St

The same thing happened with the zip code in Melrose. The realtors had their hands in that too.

And of course you will never hear of any repercussions for the school and city employees implicated in the Federal Civil Rights findings at the middle school or for the elementary school principal who admitted to filing the false police report against the family who filed a complaint against one of her teachers, or the city attorney who also piled on and threatened the parents with a criminal harassment complaint if they didn't back off of their complaint. In any other city, these "public servants" would be indicted. Nope, everything is hunky-dory here in Mayberry according to the realtors. [:-|]

Some of the signs the city has out to show the speed? It is a accident waiting to happen...[:-?]

Go down Melrose St.! The sign is taking up half of the St. Kids are crossing in front of this sign an not with the crossing guard.

Are any of the candidates on tomorrow's ballot opposed to the 25 mph limit?

I do no think so just go 30.[CoolYa]

Monica was the only alderman to vote against it.

The Mayor treats Chief Lyle like ****.....the police have no respect for Dolan. Public Safety is last on the City priority list. Sick of the schools taking all of our tax dollars. The Republicans and Trump are ruining this country and the "trickle down" economics will make the middle class extinct. We need a new fire and police station ONLY. Other building projects will have to wait!

If the cops did something all night other than sitting in their cars ******* around on their phones then maybe Dolan would respect them more.

Earn it
If the cops did something all night other than sitting in their cars ******* around on their phones then maybe Dolan would respect them more.
I literally don’t think I’ve ever seen a cop on their phone while in the cruisers.

Earn it
That is Dolan on this post saying nasty things about the City of Melrose. He is a big mouth spoiled brat.