Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Clark

And while we are at this game, we now have this forced resigning of Al Franken and Conyers. this is the way the libs are telling Alabama that they cannot vote in Moore. They are forcing Alabama to vote in the Democrat while Minnesota and Michigan will still put in another Democrat. They are just trying to change the Senate seat in Alabama to a Democrat. And we all know this Dem will NEVER vote YEA for any Trump legislation. What a ploy.

Rather than answer the question, you go off on this tangent. Okay - when was the last time you tried to force someone from Alabama to do something? The Franken and Conyers resignations won't change a thing there. It certainly didn't matter when almost 63% of them voted for Trump in the last election. Apparently they think "grabbing them by the pu$$y" is perfectly acceptable, so if you think the Franken and Conyers resignations will change anything, you need to come back to where there's breathable air.

I'm forced to agree with the prior poster. Moore is likely to win in Alabama. What will be interesting is if he does win - what will the Senate do in that case? Will they expel him? I'd also point out that a couple of Repubs have, or soon will, also resign because of the same sort of allegations.

The thing that really troubles me, though, is how we're supposed to figure out which allegations are true and which are not. We're getting to the point where a mere allegation seems to be enough to lead to sanctions. Reminds me a little of restraining orders, where you can be immediately sanctioned - kicked out of your house, arrested, etc. - without due process based solely on the word of your "accuser". That's clearly unconstitutional. And no I'm not suggesting domestic violence issues aren't serious, but clearly there are some who level false charges in order to get the upper hand in divorce proceedings, for example. I'm also not suggesting the accusations we're currently seeing shouldn't be investigated, but due process should apply here also.