Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Infurna's million-dollar payday...Hope you read this in last week's papers.

ROBERT STEVENS
my tiny mind knows we are talking about the mayor not the president.whats that got to do with melrose we the people vote for mayor thats all im saying.we did not vote her in she was appointed.
Doesn't mean she's not "Mayor", ya noodle brain! The "people" elected their aldermen. The charter provided the means for the aldermen to appoint the mayor in this instance. The aldermen picked Gail. Therefore, Gail is the mayor and the people picked her through what is known as representative democracy. She is MAYOR without any qualifiers in front of her title, whether you like it or not.

when did i say she wasnt mayor i did not say that.she was appointed mayor by the alderman.she is the first female appointed mayor in melrose not the first female voted by the people to be mayor if there was a vote for mayor by the people of melrose she would not be mayor this was set in motion by dolan he screwed the people of melrose by doing this the way he did.he wanted to keep the liberal thinking of city hall going.....

It is what it is.she is the first female appointed mayor in melrose not the first female voted by the people of Melrose.

robert stevens
Gail Is Not The First Female Mayor Of Melrose She Is The First female Replacement mayor. A Mayor Is Voted Into Office By The People Of Melrose.Not By A Room Full Of Liberals And One Republican.Just Stating The Facts..What The Hell Happened To Melrose We Are Screwed....
This is where you say it. You say she isn't the first female mayor but the first female replacement mayor.

She is mayor, not interim mayor, not replacement mayor, not appointed mayor, just plain old mayor.

Also, you used to capitalize every word in your first post and now you don't capitalize anything. That's super weird. What up with that?

i am 82 im not very good at typing im sorry first computer just learning how to type and use this machine.growing up did not have the time to learn.was working then fighting to protect your asses for this great country.sorry i cant be like you so perfect at typing.you must be so special that you know how to type and critisize people...congrats

ROBERT STEVENS
i am 82 im not very good at typing im sorry first computer just learning how to type and use this machine.growing up did not have the time to learn.was working then fighting to protect your asses for this great country.sorry i cant be like you so perfect at typing.you must be so special that you know how to type and critisize people...congrats
Lol. Let's measure your years of service against your years of being a crabby jerk and call it even. No more lording WWII over our heads.

My oh my, these octogenarian "snowflakes" can't take even minor criticism without bringing fighting Nazis into the mix.

WOW you are dumb.no respect WOW.

Tommy
WOW you are dumb.no respect WOW.
He was respect trolling. His lack of typing skills have ZERO to do with his military service. I assumed his service was in WWII. That means that his service ended some 40 years prior to the advent of the ubiquitous home PC. He also would not have been too old in the 80s to learn computer. Yet he uses his military service from either the 40s or 50s as an excuse. It is ludicrous.

Why did he even bring it up then? It's because he thinks people can't argue back once he mentions his military service (which went undefined in it's nature other than "protecting our asses"). He has almost definitely done this in different contexts throughout his whole life to attempt to shut people up who are younger than him.

I respect his service, but it is not germane to anything being discussed on Melrose Messages currently or an excuse for his over the top lack of typing skills. Which I did not criticize very much at all, I just noted that he used to capitalize every word for no apparent reason and then switched to capitalizing zero words. I found it an odd switch, and wanted to know what was up with that.... Apparently WWII was up with that :thinking_face:. I would never have guessed.

Hey Dumb - having fought the Nazis, and unlike everybody else on this site, at least he used his real name, unlike your
anonymous attack on him.
Please regale us with your contributions to our nation’s well being.
Not being rude, just asking.

OK, he says 82. That means he was nine years old when WW II ended.

It's the internet, Jake.

Maybe I missed it, but I can't find a single post where he said he fought in WWII. He would have been about 17 at the end of the Korean War (1953). Unlikely, but possible, I guess. More likely was Vietnam. The first US Combat unit arrived there in 1965, but US advisors were sent there beginning in about 1955. So between 1955 and 1975 he would have been between 19 and 39.

He's 11 years older than me, and I got there in 1967. In 1967 I was 19, a PFC and had a year time in service, but most of the NCO's and officers were older than that when they were sent.

There are plenty of guys my age and older whose typing skills, as well as grammatical skills, are horrendous. Yeah, it's a little distracting and can be annoying to a grammar Nazi, but how about cutting the guy a little slack? I'm just hoping I make it to 82.

Gotta Love it. The guy who retired on a Public Pension complains about the interim mayor being able to collect a public pension some day. And he lives in New Hampshire!

Snow job
Gotta Love it. The guy who retired on a Public Pension complains about the interim mayor being able to collect a public pension some day. And he lives in New Hampshire!
The bitter crank bench is getting dangerously thin.

1 2