Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fakers

New Chair needed for the Melrose Democratic Committee. Sam Hammar stepped down to run against Jason Lewis. This week's meeting includes electing her replacement and welcoming Senator Lewis as the guest speaker. Strike anyone else as strange? It will be interesting to see how many people step up to get involved or seek leadership roles in the Mel Dems. Hammar padded her resume by using them to challenge Lewis. Will Brodeur, Zwirko, the ladies of the BOA (Jen, Kate and Manisha) and Illegitimate Mayor back either candidate or be true politicians and duck taking a stand? Also, saw begging behavior by the "leaders" of Melrose to get applicants for the Ward 5 seat to replace Illegitimate Gail. No one had expressed interest as of last week. The deadline just came and went so we will know soon. Maybe there were last minute candidates or people are just sick of the political antics of Melrose and have better things to do with their time.

Re: Fakers

Fakers
New Chair needed for the Melrose Democratic Committee. Sam Hammar stepped down to run against Jason Lewis. This week\'s meeting includes electing her replacement and welcoming Senator Lewis as the guest speaker. Strike anyone else as strange? It will be interesting to see how many people step up to get involved or seek leadership roles in the Mel Dems. Hammar padded her resume by using them to challenge Lewis. Will Brodeur, Zwirko, the ladies of the BOA (Jen, Kate and Manisha) and Illegitimate Mayor back either candidate or be true politicians and duck taking a stand? Also, saw begging behavior by the \"leaders\" of Melrose to get applicants for the Ward 5 seat to replace Illegitimate Gail. No one had expressed interest as of last week. The deadline just came and went so we will know soon. Maybe there were last minute candidates or people are just sick of the political antics of Melrose and have better things to do with their time.
Does anyone think we'd be hearing any of this "illegitimate mayor" nonsense if Alderman Monica Medeiros (R-Parents' Basement) had been elected?

The only legitimate Mayor would have been voted in by those who are registered to vote. A special election is the only way it would have been fair to taxpayers. Our family are Unenrolled Voters but lean Democrat. We have never voted for Ms. Mederios. It will be interesting to see how the Ward 5 appointment happens. Predict that it will go to a second ballot. All the ladies will go for the Black woman, some men will go for the DA guy and the rest for Gerry. I'm sure "Illegitimate" Gail is playing games behind the scenes. She threw Zwirko under the bus. She will try and influence those who plotted her "installment" and back stab those who supported MZ.

Election
The only legitimate Mayor would have been voted in by those who are registered to vote. A special election is the only way it would have been fair to taxpayers. Our family are Unenrolled Voters but lean Democrat. We have never voted for Ms. Mederios. It will be interesting to see how the Ward 5 appointment happens. Predict that it will go to a second ballot. All the ladies will go for the Black woman, some men will go for the DA guy and the rest for Gerry. I'm sure "Illegitimate" Gail is playing games behind the scenes. She threw Zwirko under the bus. She will try and influence those who plotted her "installment" and back stab those who supported MZ.
I see you must be a true "insider". You know 2 things... jack and $hit. I would bet everything I own that you are wrong with how the votes shake out for the Ward 5 seat. Not everything is gender based as much as you would make it out to be. Qualifications matter. You are right that it will come down to Gibbons or McMaster though with Mroz getting 1 or 2 pity votes, at best.

Also, Gail didn't "backstab" anyone. MZ was owed NOTHING, and that is exactly what he got.

The only legitimate Mayor would have been voted in by those who are registered to vote. Gail is the "Illegitimate Mayor". The BOA helped Dolan make a farce of our politics.

Votes Count
The only legitimate Mayor would have been voted in by those who are registered to vote. Gail is the "Illegitimate Mayor". The BOA helped Dolan make a farce of our politics.
It's true that votes count. That why your vote helped determine the 4 at-large Aldermen and your ward Alderman. And those people you voted for chose the mayor based on the rules of the City Charter.

Sounds legit to me. In a perfect world, Dolan would have stepped down before starting his 3rd year, but he didn't. It doesn't make the process illegitimate. Sorry you don't like it; I don't love it either, but it doesn't really matter.

Melrose, is a city well known for propaganda.

Melrose
Melrose, is a city well known for propaganda.
You, are a poster well known for saying meaningless BS and misusing commas

I have, noticed that, also.

Smart Cookie
Election
I see you must be a true "insider". You know 2 things... jack and $hit. I would bet everything I own that you are wrong with how the votes shake out for the Ward 5 seat. Not everything is gender based as much as you would make it out to be. Qualifications matter. You are right that it will come down to Gibbons or McMaster though with Mroz getting 1 or 2 pity votes, at best.

Also, Gail didn't "backstab" anyone. MZ was owed NOTHING, and that is exactly what he got.
Called it. You can stop the whole "ladies stick together, screw over the men" line of reasoning now. It's pathetic

Regardless of who is our current Mayor, the problem lies within the City Charter. The Charter is what needs to be changed. Perhaps in this instance, to include a provision that states "if a vacancy should occur with the departure (for any reason) of a sitting Mayor with 9 months or more left in the elected term, a special election will be called within 90 days from the first day of said vacancy.

I AGREE

THIS WAS "DOLAN'S CHARTER".

TIME TO RAISE THE BAR IN MELROSE BACK TO A SYSTEM THAT REPRESENTS ALL OF THE
CITIZENS NOT "DOLAN'S CHOSEN"

The Fake News is real. We have so much s x going on in America it is out of control and needs to stop.