Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need for Transparency

Transparency
ALL Boards and Commissions should be REQUIRED to post their minutes on line. All city business is funded by taxpayers and should be readily available! Layers of beaurcacy should not be required to access public information. Why should Melrose residents need to request copies of minutes? Where are the minutes stored? The biographies of Commissioners are not up to date on many pages. The MHRC for instance still lists Rabbi Fertig and Shawn MacMaster who finished their terms over two years ago. There are a number of WC vacancies and many Commissioners have left. So who are the Women Commissioners? Agendas are often wrong, too. The February MHRC agenda has the Cemetary Meeting listed instead. Check out other meetings and mistaken agendas are also listed "school councils". The stupid thing about the WC Facebook notice was the need to have "a drink or two" in order to "plot and scheme". Dumb to promote the need for alcohol in order to plan future events or encourage networking. Their choice to use the words "plotting and scheming" will only contribute to negative and stereotypical views about female leaders and hurt the WC's reputation.
Are you Julie Delillo? This post has her stink all over it.

Re: Ward 5 Vacancy

I find it difficult to believe that Gerry uttered a sentence that short.

Melrose Mean Girls are the ones that voted to keep CT on for 3 more years. Most of the SC that voted for her has left.

Meanwhile, a certifiable lunatic serves on the BOA. I guess it's forgiven as just Morty being Morty.

Re: Political Pressure on JLB

Memories
Thank you, Truthsayer, for posting the truth and countering the disgusting, hateful lies about JLB by "Real Truth" (not!) and "MM Memes."

There is already plentiful evidence of the lack of courage or integrity of KL-G, JL, MB, who dare to present their rationale for votes to date as if they had actually done due diligence on the issues when it's obvious that they have not, that instead they are promoting the most superficial and in some cases entirely false suppositions. For any of them to have promoted GI, for example, as "highly knowledgeable" about education is ludicrous. GI demonstrates her staggering ignorance of factual information about even the most general education issues any time she opens her mouth. Her educational expertise is on a par with her trumpet playing (about which she also has large pretensions).... JL supposedly is all about women's issues (as in board name change), but she certainly has had no qualms about watching the chronic bullying of her female colleague, MM (who always carries herself with dignity and fights for actual issues) at numerous meetings, or even of demonstrating basic respectful conduct (as in seconding motions even if just for the purposes of discussion, as respectful boards do). KL-G has voted regressively right out of the box, and she demonstrates zero humility besides, always with a patronizing, superior air. Women's issues only matter if they are about appearances and about the fabricated issues of the Melrose fake dems, at least for this bunch. Sadly, the Good Ol' Boy Network in Melrose politics includes most of its women representatives as well, who are anything but progressive in any real way. JLB can feel proud that she stood tall next to that bunch (and by the way, she did serve for years, so trying to impugn her for having not re-upped is just bogus).
More proof that MM posters are legit snowflake babies.... Monica is "chronically bullied". STFU! It is such a f'ing joke. I don't think she'd even come close to agreeing to that premise herself.

Real Facts
Meanwhile, a certifiable lunatic serves on the BOA. I guess it's forgiven as just Morty being Morty.
OMG! I am so offended! Such BULLYING against Peter Mortimer! MM is sooo mean! (For clarification... since this board doesn't understand sarcasm often. I do not think this is bullying PM, but it is much more "bullying" than anything ever done to MM by a member of the BoA)

I guess this is just typical MM politics... I should be used to it by now.

Please try and take these posts an an opportunity to reexamine your victim mentality on this board. It is toxic and unhelpful in the scheme of things. Try and be part of the solution not part of the poison chorus that spouts nonsense.

The Melrose Commission on Women's Facebook page today shared a link from the BBC about a female pilot who flew hundreds of missions during WWII. It struck me as inappropriate and insensitive to say that she should be celebrated even "if this one is British".

Inappropriate
The Melrose Commission on Women's Facebook page today shared a link from the BBC about a female pilot who flew hundreds of missions during WWII. It struck me as inappropriate and insensitive to say that she should be celebrated even "if this one is British".
THE HORROR!!! How could they?!? What horrible people! Disband the commission!

They are putting on an event tonight about female veterans. They were promoting it on social media by spotlighting American female veterans in history leading up to the event. They noted that one of their posts had a British veteran in a very barely jokey manner.

I'm sure you care so much about these veterans that you are going to the event tonight, right?!? I'm 100 percent positive you aren't.

In summation, the MCW cares about veterans and you look for the SLIGHTEST provocation to get offended. Who's really Melrose's problem?