Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Water and Sewer

Well, agendas for the committee going back to last year don't have the initiation of the study, but this is for its presentation (surprise surprise). I imagine it may relate to remarks Rob Dolan made last July at the beginning of the current fiscal year:

http://melrose.wickedlocal.com/news/20170719/dolan-melrose-water-and-sewer-rates-work-in-progress

Water and Sewer
Go to the Water and Sewer Meeting Agenda on the City of Melrose Calendar this week.
An agenda item lists moving "Water and Sewer Debt to Real Estate Taxes"
What the hell does that mean?
Our taxes are about to skyrocket with the Water and Sewer mismanagement and transferred to RE taxes?
Another item is a request for more bonding for sewer stuff.
1st responders (MPD and MFD) will once again get the short stick and never get new stations.
And the BOA will dare to push for an OVERRIDE for the MPS! NO !
FORENSIC AUDIT now!
What? Is this legal 🤔

happened to me in 2016.owed 600 dollars in november for past due on water bill.my prop taxes bill came in and was 600 more than it was last bill.went to city hall and told me they had to add it to prop bill to get it paid could not carry it over to new year.so if you owe money on water bill they will add to tax bill.you have to pay it all or they put lean on you .....nice

Hey, I have no problem with that. Pay the bill on time. I paid mine, even though it really hurt. What I have a problem with is the rates, and the tier structure, which is the real issue. The city has for years been screwing us, and continues to do so. Call whoever your alderman is and complain.