Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
April Override

The City will schedule an Override in April 2019. The Override details are being kept secret but it is rumored to be for the schools only. Forget about the Public Safety Buildings. Forget about street infrastructure. Forget about other departmental needs. Another Override for school funding ONLY will be soundly defeated. The timing is suspicious. April 2019? What will an Override school special election cost? Put Override questions on the November 2019 ballot. Melrose financial needs are more than just the school system. Another rushed and poorly planned Override for bailing out the mismanaged MPS will fail again. The City spin machine is up and running. The “Mayoral” blog “explains” the budget process and tweets by elected politicians promoting the Override have already begun!

Re: April Override

When did the BOA vote to authorize an Override election for next April?

Melrose Patch just shared that the OVERRIDE will take place this FALL.
Come clean, Illegitimate Gail. When are you asking for an Override?

They want it in the Fall, and maybe the biggest reason is they know the Senate "passed a bill 38-0 that massively changes school funding. It's expected to pass the House as well. Supposedly it leans heavily towards municipalities that have maxed out their tax base" and they probably already have a pretty good feel for what the change is likely to mean for Melrose. Before any override gets on a ballot, let's see how the new formula works. There is no reason to be in such a rush, unless you're up to something devious - again.

The end game? If they get an override passed BEFORE the new formula is enacted, they get both. Another deception, and more lies.

Who has already begun tweeting about the override? I would be very interested to know where our elected officials politicians are positioning themselves on this issue.

I will NOT vote for an override until we have a mayor in place that we voted for. We asked for an election !!!! I truly believe we need to hear how the new Mayor will be distributing monies.

New to Melrose
Who has already begun tweeting about the override? I would be very interested to know where our elected officials politicians are positioning themselves on this issue.
Zwirko and Lemmerman tweeted about the wonderful job Infurna does explaining the budget process in her blog. Brigid wrote the blog for Dolan and does it now for Gail. Part One today with more to follow. Mike and Jen are laying the groundwork for a September ( just for the schools ) Override.

Look it up.

Tweeters
New to Melrose
Zwirko and Lemmerman tweeted about the wonderful job Infurna does explaining the budget process in her blog. Brigid wrote the blog for Dolan and does it now for Gail. Part One today with more to follow. Mike and Jen are laying the groundwork for a September ( just for the schools ) Override.
SO I guess the answer is "no one". Those aren't tweets about the override but about how the budget is laid out for people to access online. But you knew that and just decided to read more into it. SOP for this board

And now we're faced with another scam override attempt.More lies and deception.. SOP for Melrose City Hall.

Give me a break with this override stuff. You can go bankrupt I will NOT vote for this override. The police station should be a priority they are keeping the schools safe.