Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mayor’s Blog

A formal announcement was made days ago about Jackie Lavender Bird being hired to replace Mike Lindstrom. Interesting to note that GI has yet to announce it on her Mayor’s Blog. While a member of the BOA, JLB often voted differently than the rubber stamping Gail. JLB personally experienced bullying. Her appointment bodes well for Melrose and the BOA members who the Mean Girl in Chief will attempt to shut up when they differ with her motives and agenda.

Re: Mayor’s Blog

JLB is a class act who will be a mediating force in the multiple Override Ballot Questions (already divisive and nasty) coming before voters. She knows all the players in City Hall and has worked with most of the current BOA members. She won't allow personal or specific agendas to harm Melrose as a whole.

I hope you’re right, but I’m afraid it’s too late!

You are hopeful. We'll see. Let's not forget that she helped run Katherine Clark's campaign. Deputy Campaign Manager. Just sayin'...everyone has their allegiances.

Interesting Omission
A formal announcement was made days ago about Jackie Lavender Bird being hired to replace Mike Lindstrom. Interesting to note that GI has yet to announce it on her Mayor’s Blog. While a member of the BOA, JLB often voted differently than the rubber stamping Gail. JLB personally experienced bullying. Her appointment bodes well for Melrose and the BOA members who the Mean Girl in Chief will attempt to shut up when they differ with her motives and agenda.
Did GI make a speech at the Vigil last night? Did she even attend?

Yes and yes.

Glad to hear it !

Mayoral Presence?
Interesting Omission
Did GI make a speech at the Vigil last night? Did she even attend?
The Vigil was not promoted on her blog which is why I wondered about her participation. I am in N.H. and could not attend. I do agree that it is odd that GI did not announce the hiring of JLB and also wondered why she did not promote last night’s Vigil. Maybe she is growing and is not as threatened by difference.

The meaner they are the harder they fall.

The fact that JLB helped the Clark campaign tells me she must be one of those left wing liberals - don't we have enough of them in Melrose without adding another one in city hall? Just saying!