Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forbes for Mayor

Zwirko is a liability to himself and this town. We need new blood for Melrose!

Sam Hammar will lose to Jason Lewis. Sam Hammar will run for State Rep, if Brodeur runs for Mayor. If Brodeur stays in the Legislature, Sam Hammar will run for Mayor of Melrose. Sam Hammar worked against Zwirko in the last BOA race. Sam is for women candidates only. Sam, are you planting rumored “Skeletons” against MZ just like you “alleged” that Lewis had “Skeletons” and that no elected dems/elected women were backing Jason Lewis which is far from true. Active Melrose Dems are wondering. Zwirko has endorsed Hammar which is a big mistake. He thinks that will buy him the young family voters who are advocating for MPS funds. MZ can’t even run the Charter Review or the BOA well. He is not ready for prime time Mayoral duties!

Mike Zwirko has disappointed me deeply. He put on a good show of wanting a change in Melrose's government culture when he initially ran and spoke to people in person, but it turned out to be a show. He wants to *seem* like a good government guy, but not take the risks that would be entailed by actually doing that at City Hall. Unless he demonstrates some sudden substance, I'd have to label him a Big Faker.

Ward 1
SF voted in favor to remove the mayor as a member of the school committee during the charter review sessions. His explanation was spot on, saying it may actually be difficult for other members to vote against the Administration when the Mayor staring across the room as a voting member! Infurna was the deciding vote to pass the school budget this year, just imagine if she was not on that committee.... the budget probably would have been sent back to her.
That's exactly the point. Having the Mayor as a voting SC member totally violates any concept of checks and balances. But once again, it was included because Dolan wanted the final word on everything. There is no way any member of any other branch of government should be on the SC. This entire mess is on Dolan's head, and where is he now? Sucking down a big salary in Lynnfield and laughing his a$$ off.

Can anyone here name ONE THING Scott has accomplished as an alderman? Touring a few buildings does not count. I’m talking actual accomplishments - things he has passed, changes he has made in his role in city government. Let’s think critically here people, we have enough empty suits already to be elevating one to the top.

Alderman Forbes certainly has accomplished little, if anything, in his years on the Water and Sewer Committee. I agree with the previous post.

Hammer is NOT the new blood I am talking about. She isn’t elected but is already part of the established problem here. She is wasting her time with this campaign but that is her choice. Also she does not need to plant rumors about Lewis and Zwirko. They take care of that themselves with their actions.