Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dumb ass city

Why did we just celebrate Diwali as a city event? It’s a Hindu-therefor religious. At a time when Christianity and Judaism is getting kicked out of government all together, it seems it’s okay to make sure other religions are pushed upon us. When has the city ever had a city-wide Easter celebration, or Passover celebration? For Christmas we have Home for the Holidays but we can’t even call it a Christmas event. While more and more leftists frown upon religion, it seems they would love to see Christianity disappear altogether.

Re: Dumb ass city

Manisha for Melrose asked the Human Rights Commission to sponsor Diwali dinner. If One Community Open to All is important to her, why does she send her kid to the Winthrop Whte School? She was all over Facebook telling how her son and Kate for Melrose’s son talked about their superhero moms who were Aldermen. Interesting that the Bellevue East Side families of the Winthrop students now have two BOA Ladies choose to send their kids to Winthrop.

What?? You’re mad at aldermen for sending their kids to public elementary schools near their homes?? This board is full of people who like to complain for complaining sake.

"This board is full of people who like to complain for complaining sake."

Sure, but it also provides the only real source of facts and truthful recounting of events, since city officials actively obfuscate even towards elected officials.

So she was essentially bragging about herself on Facebook? Typical democratic politician. The city does go out of its way to be sickenly nice to every minority group there is. Especially those privileged ones on the BOA. Oh you’re transgender we’ll do anything to make you happy and you, you’re Hindu, anything you’d like we’ll do. Politicians are there to serve us. We don’t elect them to make them happy. Fine you’re transgender, fine you’re hindu, Jewish, gay, whatever. Live your life. Celebrate however you want but why are Melrose taxpayers paying for it while at the same time you’re ******** we need an override .

Manisha Winthrop

Manisha for Melrose asked the Human Rights Commission to sponsor Diwali dinner. If One Community Open to All is important to her, why does she send her kid to the Winthrop Whte School? She was all over Facebook telling how her son and Kate for Melrose’s son talked about their superhero moms who were Aldermen. Interesting that the Bellevue East Side families of the Winthrop students now have two BOA Ladies choose to send their kids to Winthrop.
Not a surprise. Desis are the most racist people in the world.

What a nice way to talk about a Christmas message. Looks like you should be the one leaving you fool!!!

lol. Yes, sounds like someone who partakes in the joys of Christmas season. Not. Sounds like an angry moon at to me. I defy you to find anywhere where they mention Christmas in the weekend long celebration. And they don’t have a Christmas tree lighting. They have a lighting of the downtown trees. Speaking of, I haven’t heard a thing about this year’s celebration which should be occurring in two weeks. Are there plans in the works?

Christmas trees vs downtown trees that are lit? Sounds like a made up distinction. And yes the plans are well in place for this year and available to anyone who chooses to look it up. Google is magic.

The religious aspect is being phased out by the all inclusive crowd, all inclusive of course unless you’re a white Christian. Especially evident when You see women in hijabs with their children wearing Santa clause hats walking down Main st. Atheists also partake in the holiday. This is why the use of Christmas is not allowed. It’s turning into a commercial holiday that has nothing to do with Christ. I don’t think Santa on a fire truck screams Jesus has come.

Moses
The religious aspect is being phased out by the all inclusive crowd, all inclusive of course unless you’re a white Christian. Especially evident when You see women in hijabs with their children wearing Santa clause hats walking down Main st. Atheists also partake in the holiday. This is why the use of Christmas is not allowed. It’s turning into a commercial holiday that has nothing to do with Christ. I don’t think Santa on a fire truck screams Jesus has come.
The Diwali celebration just focused on the food, clothes, and dancing as well. Not the religious aspects. It is that way with all holidays. All holidays have religious and secular aspects. The secular are part of the public celebrations to make them fun and inclusive (and not totally weird for the non-religious) for everybody. The religious portions are done at home or in church (or place of worship) without anyone stepping on anyone's toes about how it is observed.

Does that sound wrong or bad to you? It sounds exactly right to me. I wouldn't want to live in your world where you would choose a preferred religion and make public spectacles of it constantly to the derision of others. Because I would bet everything I own that as much as you would love a religiously themed public forced Christmas celebration you would equally hate a public forced Eid Al-Fitr celebration at the end of Ramadan.

The best solution is to have Christmas AND Diwali AND Eid celebrations but focus of the secular communal aspects of it in mixed public celebrations. The religious aspect is for those who seek it out and follow it to worship privately.