Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Melrose Gets What it Deserves

Wrong
Of course I know what alleged means. In the criminal justice world, it's the word you have to use prior to a conviction to avoid prejudicing the case.

A conspiracy is "an actual covert plot planned and/or carried out by two or more persons". My question remains. Who were the others involved?

I don't think Dolan had a clue about it. I didn't much care for him, but he's way too smart to get involved in something so stupid and almost certain to be discovered at some point.

Of course it's odd. It's hard for a rational person to understand why anyone would do something so stupid, but in case you hadn't noticed, the vast majority of crooks aren't really all that bright.
Okay, then who cares and why does this board mebtion it so much over a year after it got discovered? Also? Why do they always mention it was Folan's godfather? They are trying to hint at some conspiracy. Otherwise it's just a boring crime committed by a bad dude.

Wile E Coyote, Super Genius, neglects to mention that the ignorant, benighted masses of Melrose made JD LaRock the top votegetter in the 2009 school committee election. He served for a year and a half, then resigned to take a job in Europe. I'd argue his leaving was a greater factor in losing the alderman race than people not understanding his resume. Your mileage may vary.

What It Is
Come on, man
Please notice another thread in which a poor "no" voter bemoaned the name calling by the "yes" people. And yet this lovely "no" voter accuses yes voters of being gullible and intellectually lazy. Let's stop being *******s to one another, shall we? Maybe assume that people can disagree about what to do without one side or the other being evil or stupid or both?
I like you Come On, but it is what it is. I tell myself all the time to stop visiting this train wreck of a website, but I can't turn away. In a perfect world in which we weren't full of masochistic tendencies, we would leave this cesspool to the dozen or so posters who just continually post the same snoozy arguments and insults over and over and over for perpetuity.
You come to this site as do others because it provides information and insight on the schools and city government that city hall and the school department simply refuses to release. Over the last several years the worst this city has to offer spent hundreds and thousands of dollars attempting to obstruct public records laws and open meeting laws to the point that our own elected representatives on the school committee and in the aldermanic chamber have had to file multiple complaints with the AG's Office and Secretary of State's office just to get even basic information in order to make informed decisions on important votes.

The difference between you and others who come to this site is that you and your cabal use the information to figure out how do damage control and prevent future leaks of city/school administrator malfeasance and stupidity.

The others on this site use the information to better our city and schools and make informed decisions on important future override decisions and elections.

Gee Martha
What It Is
Come on, man
Please notice another thread in which a poor \"no\" voter bemoaned the name calling by the \"yes\" people. And yet this lovely \"no\" voter accuses yes voters of being gullible and intellectually lazy. Let\'s stop being *******s to one another, shall we? Maybe assume that people can disagree about what to do without one side or the other being evil or stupid or both?
I like you Come On, but it is what it is. I tell myself all the time to stop visiting this train wreck of a website, but I can\'t turn away. In a perfect world in which we weren\'t full of masochistic tendencies, we would leave this cesspool to the dozen or so posters who just continually post the same snoozy arguments and insults over and over and over for perpetuity.
You come to this site as do others because it provides information and insight on the schools and city government that city hall and the school department simply refuses to release. Over the last several years the worst this city has to offer spent hundreds and thousands of dollars attempting to obstruct public records laws and open meeting laws to the point that our own elected representatives on the school committee and in the aldermanic chamber have had to file multiple complaints with the AG's Office and Secretary of State's office just to get even basic information in order to make informed decisions on important votes.

The difference between you and others who come to this site is that you and your cabal use the information to figure out how do damage control and prevent future leaks of city/school administrator malfeasance and stupidity.

The others on this site use the information to better our city and schools and make informed decisions on important future override decisions and elections.
Oh Yeah... I forgot to mention the incessant harping on the open meeting laws. Thanks for reminding me!

Also... "cabal". Hah! What a joke! Using that word literally reads like a parody of a paranoiac. It's a sleepy suburb, dude, not Soviet Russia. Ya'll need to stay of InfoWars.

It's funny that you bring up that this is a sleepy little suburb and mention in the same sentence Soviet Russia.... almost as if you are defending against the obvious parallels...hmmmm... And Infowars? Really? The irony here is that I largely vote as a Democrat, but I believe there is no place for partisan politics in local city or town elections; I simply vote in the best interests of the city. It is odd but not surprising that you have no respect for transparency, free speech and public records laws and fail to realize that this is a major problem here in Melrose. What happened to "an educated and informed voter? is this just a slogan?

In Melrose, it's an oxymoron.

Educated and informed voter.We do have.Just to get even basic information in order to make informed decisions on important votes. The voters will do.

Unbelievable. I give up. It always amazes me that some people will turn a blind eye to anything until it directly affects them.

VOTE NO! Follow the facts.. the truth.

Come On, Man
What It Is
Come on, man
Please notice another thread in which a poor \"no\" voter bemoaned the name calling by the \"yes\" people. And yet this lovely \"no\" voter accuses yes voters of being gullible and intellectually lazy. Let\'s stop being *******s to one another, shall we? Maybe assume that people can disagree about what to do without one side or the other being evil or stupid or both?
I like you Come On, but it is what it is. I tell myself all the time to stop visiting this train wreck of a website, but I can\'t turn away. In a perfect world in which we weren\'t full of masochistic tendencies, we would leave this cesspool to the dozen or so posters who just continually post the same snoozy arguments and insults over and over and over for perpetuity.
I know, it's crazy here. I honestly don't know why I participate at all - I've never learned anything of value from any representatives of either side of any issue on this site, either before it closed down or after it started up again. Just a bunch of angry people shouting nonsense past one another.
He calls people poor yet lives in melrose lol. If you’re so wealthy why not take up residence in an actual affluent community? There are plenty in the metro area.

Phony
Come On, Man
What It Is
Come on, man
Please notice another thread in which a poor \\\"no\\\" voter bemoaned the name calling by the \\\"yes\\\" people. And yet this lovely \\\"no\\\" voter accuses yes voters of being gullible and intellectually lazy. Let\\\'s stop being *******s to one another, shall we? Maybe assume that people can disagree about what to do without one side or the other being evil or stupid or both?
I like you Come On, but it is what it is. I tell myself all the time to stop visiting this train wreck of a website, but I can\\\'t turn away. In a perfect world in which we weren\\\'t full of masochistic tendencies, we would leave this cesspool to the dozen or so posters who just continually post the same snoozy arguments and insults over and over and over for perpetuity.
I know, it\'s crazy here. I honestly don\'t know why I participate at all - I\'ve never learned anything of value from any representatives of either side of any issue on this site, either before it closed down or after it started up again. Just a bunch of angry people shouting nonsense past one another.
He calls people poor yet lives in melrose lol. If you’re so wealthy why not take up residence in an actual affluent community? There are plenty in the metro area.
Oh, come on. I wasn't using poor in the economic sense and you **** well know it. I was using poor in the "woe is me" sense.

You can learned a lot of value from this either side of any issue on this site, either before it closed down or after it started up again. October 2018.There are no existing checks and balances for are school;s.Just look at the things that should not have came to light.

There are plenty of facts to show why not. Yes seems to be a bit more of an aggressive approach with hostile rhetoric and the same speech and information as well as slogans over and over again just like every other time.

VOTE NO!

TIME TO RAISE THE BAR IN MELROSE BACK TO A SYSTEM THAT REPRESENTS ALL OF THE
CITIZENS.

Get your facts and information and tell the community. I vote no becuase when you add the numbers and do the research it does not even come close to adding up. The Mayor has no answers. Taymore talk in circles about a plan for the future. One sentence is one thing the next is the opposite of what was said. Mismanagement! VOTE NO! SPREAD THE WORD! The Yes group spent 25,000 last time. Impressive. Give that money to the Police they need it!