Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Medical Worries Costs

Divisive Behavior
We were putting up Christmas lights in the yard when an “education” session with a particularly intense “Yes” lady ruined our family time. We wanted to be with our kids not discussing political jargon with an opinionated lady with no people skills.

I had a remarkably similar experience. Very off-putting. The woman came right out and said "Don't you care about the kids?" Really, lady? Are you kidding me? Go away.

Re: Medical Worries Costs

Divisive Behavior

Why the “One” Melrose folks couldn’t have waited until after the Holidays to begin their campaign is questionable I was an undecided voter but now have made my decision. This Country and City is in such a mess. Couldn’t we have had a break from “know it all campaigners” from both sides until 2019? We were putting up Christmas lights in the yard when an “education” session with a particularly intense “Yes” lady ruined our family time. We wanted to be with our kids not discussing political jargon with an opinionated lady with no people skills. The ACA was just struck down which scares the living hell out of us. Our child has bad asthma and my wife is a breast cancer survivor. We were quite anxious anyway and your scare tactics just blew two votes. At least stay home until Janurary
Sorry the person who canvassed you was too intense. That stinks.

That said, just because you arbitrarily determined that December is off limits doesn't mean this is a bad time to make your case one way or the other. The vote is in April. Only a few months of campaigning left.