Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Using the College Students for Votes

I never said it had a different meaning if it's on the TA page. I said I hadn't seen it.

Nothing wrong with getting college students to exercise their right to vote but knowing how most are indoctrinated into the leftist mentality, are being "encouraged" by the leftist leaders of the city to vote absentee, and seeing as it's safe to say that NONE of these students will be paying the tax bill on their homes, there is an obvious unethical overtone to all of it.
Not surprising as that is the left's way of doing things.
I wish it was limited to the property owners of the city. I don't think how much I pay in taxes should be decided by renters, most of whom will never pay taxes in this city, or college students, who themselves will never reap the benefits.
I have two college students in my home who will make the short trip home to vote no by the way. They are more concerned about Daddy and Mommy's financial situation than they are about the schools they already graduated from and made it through just fine despite past override fails and similar threats.

Also to all the obvious leftists in the city, no one cares about your thoughts or your posting of articles on Melrose sites telling us over and over what we've already heard. You're preaching to the choir. Nothing is going to change the minds of no voters.

No one is attacking people for reaching out to college students.

It is simply noted that this selective outreach is done to increase the number of yes votes. There is no other purpose for it.

The reason you don't see many administration supporters posting here is because every time they do try to pass on the administration's propaganda, they are totally and thoroughly debunked with facts they can't dispute.

The administration is scared to death of this site, both now, and in it's prior incarnation. Why else do you think Dolan banned access to it, a practice that continues to this day?

This is the only place where voters can get even a portion of the truth. They certainly can't get it from city officials, who continue to mislead, obfuscate, and outright lie about all things fiscal. Melrose is a house of cards. The sooner that house of cards collapses, the sooner we can get a mulligan and fix the mess we've allowed to happen.