Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rules, Etiquette

Proper usage of the English language would be an excellent baseline expectation. Unfortunately it is not realistic, especially in social media posting and in an age where even education officials often demonstrate poor command of grammar and acceptable punctuation.

Note to posters: Please try to limit your re-posting, especially of long posts. Otherwise we may be forced to remove this feature due to space constraints.

This is a mostly unmonitored board paid for and provided by volunteers as a public service for Melrose. Posts that cross lines of legality, decency, space, obvious spamming will be removed at our discretion. Many melrosemessages posters do not understand or respect the need for good online etiquette, and a few are actual trolls who just seek to cause harm. There is a link provided to report abusive posts, which will be removed.

Melrose needs an open-access space for a free flow of information. This can only continue to be provided if basic rules of conduct are observed. We thank all those who keep it fair, decent, and provide excellent information for the robust discussions that are so necessary.

Re: Rules, Etiquette

And thank you for providing this forum!

I also thank you for providing this forum. I wonder if you could help me. After reading a post it still appears as a new post. Any help provided in correcting this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

This. Thank you.

Who do we thank for paying for and maintaining this site?

Delete the Quote button please, at least for awhile. Jerks are abusing it. This is why we can't have basics, forget nice things.

I agree with the above post STOP the Quotes everywhere. We can read what is written above that's what its for to read. Who ever you are stop.

Sorry but "Quote" feature cannot be deleted. If this feature is abused, and lengthy posts just keep getting reposted (once in a while where actually relevant is another matter), then we are forced to delete the whole post.

@Melrose Cares Are you going to update the forum title to City Council and Politics? Lol