Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is your water & sewage bill this quarter?

Hello - I live alone in a condo. My water rater & sewage rate this quarter is $300.

The city has been increasing my water usage amount despite the fact that my usage has not increased.

I am requesting you to leave your quarterly bill amount & the number of people who live in your house?

Re: What is your water & sewage bill this quarter?

250-275, 3 people

$98 one person (no more garden or lawn and fewer showers, not happy about any of that)

Single family home 2 adults 2 kids.... quarterly bill was $265

CONDO WATER BILL
Hello - I live alone in a condo. My water rater & sewage rate this quarter is $300.

The city has been increasing my water usage amount despite the fact that my usage has not increased.

I am requesting you to leave your quarterly bill amount & the number of people who live in your house?
I am actually surprised that everyone has posted reasonable bills. Usually it is hyperbole and inflated totals in threads like these.

As for the OP, there is a problem with the way your condo metered the individual units. It is gonna be a tough road for you but you gotta work with the co do association or management company to figure out what the problem is. Unless of course you actually do use as much water as a family of 4

Latest bill was $340 2 adults, sometimes college kid.

Daughter in Amesbury - 2 adults, 1 child. $48.60. Yes, it's apples and oranges, but our apple seems a bit rotten, don't you think? Can't really comment on the original post because I don't know if the units are individually metered or not. Mine is not - it's part of my condo fee, and I have no idea what I use, but I am for sure partially paying for those who use more.

$900.00 2 family , 6 people

You gotta be $hitting me! $900.00? My God.

$300 + $50 trash fee. 4 people.

Everyone out of the house during the weekdays and a good part of the weekends. Water efficient washer, water efficient dishwasher, no leaking toilets or dripping sinks. No lawn or garden watering. Reasonably short showers. Not much left to cut.

MWRA
$900.00 2 family , 6 people
Ted Hunt checking in, I see