Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Peter Mortimer Not Seeking Reelection? Why?

Peter Mortimer isn't seeking reelection. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea but he was committed to the city. Does anyone know why he is bowing out?

Re: Peter Mortimer Not Seeking Reelection? Why?

He really new Roberts Rules of Order and could keep things under control when chair.

Morty does not KNOW Robert's Rules; he only vociferously uses the few rules with which he is familiar and ignores all the rest, especially if they interfere with his very pronounced personal agenda (that begins and ends with as many plates of "free" food he can cart off).

Like a number of the current alderpeople, he's making himself more visible so that he can possibly throw in his hat for the state rep position (that Sam H thinks she is owed). It's all just another gross display of Melrose fake dem politics as usual.

May be he is done for good.

Sam H has made it very clear that she is not interested in the state rep seat. Ever occur to you that almost twenty years of service is just enough for PM (not to mention something to be grateful for, as opposed to your usual grumbling and assumptions of the worst in people)?

Wrong
Sam H has made it very clear that she is not interested in the state rep seat.

Thank God. She is nothing more than a shameful self-promoter, and someone we have absolutely no need for. She's part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Wrong
Ever occur to you that almost twenty years of service is just enough for PM (not to mention something to be grateful for?

No.

I asked the question to see if anyone knew why. Just that. Being done after 20 years is a fine answer. You, @wrong are the one making this into a negative discussion. For example I noticed he'd increased his visibility but never considered the rep seat run.

SH is a shame-less self-promotor. She got her revenge with the override passing so she should be happy as we write the checks this summer.

Family comes first simply life is not all about politics.I think the best way i can put it he did his job.As a politician.Enjoy life as a private citizen.Peter Mortimer.

The man is creepy to the point I wouldn’t trust him around my daughter.
I recently read he was a cop for nine years? Does anyone know where? And was he fired over creepy behavior?

He went to MHS, Boston College, New England School of Law and became an attorney. Later he changed careers to be a teacher in Everett. Never was a police officer.

A teacher in Everett? I didn't know that. That explains his fealty to Dolan. Dolan's father was the Asst Super there. Interesting.

It's a small 🌎 after all ...