Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Brazil Street

Feel just awful for the poor people affected on Brazil Street. Nice job, DPW.

Re: Brazil Street

It’s a shame that it has happened but it was bound to happen because of the apartments.
Wood partners and the planning board,city officials,Dpw knew that the infurstucture was outdated to handle that much flow.
Now I here they want to add 135 apartments more.

City officials said Friday night that Melrose would assume expenses for temporary lodging and storage containers put on the properties, adding that specific damage claims would be dealt with through the city's insurer.

One of the city's alderman, Shawn MacMaster, who lives in the neighborhood, visited the four homes impacted by the leak.I will continue to work closely with the Administration to ensure that the neighborhood remains well-informed and that residents receive the emergency assistance and support services that they need and deserve," MacMaster said.

City officials say they're trying to figure out why this happened in the first place.

"Unfortunately, the damage to the homes involved is extensive and could take days or weeks to repair. City officials will continue to monitor the situation, and remain in contact with the impacted residents," the city said. "At this time, the cause of this blockage and the ensuing damage remains under investigation."Residents of four Melrose homes are dealing with a serious sewage mess;

Melrose Taxpayers
City officials say they're trying to figure out why this happened in the first place.

That's baloney. According to a city official I spoke to, they know exactly what happened. Yes, the system in that area is old and needs serious upgrading, but it was something specific a DPW crew was doing that caused the "fecal volcanos". The fact that the City has accepted responsibility for all damages tells you all you need to know.

If you ever needed a reason to retrofit a backflow valve, this would be it.

I'd go door to door selling backflow preventers right now, except I hate people who go door to door, and never answer it!

If it wasn't bad enough that DPW caused a disaster in 4 homes, the initial response from City Hall left much to be desired. These poor people were on poop island all by themselves. Where was the Mayor and the Mayoral Candidate during these residents time of need? No leadership at all from either GI or JLB. This was their time to shine and they dropped the ball

"Ortiz also said it took the City of Melrose a full day to respond when she requested assistance....I pretty much told the City I don't know what's more disgusting: the feces in my living room or the way the City is responding to it"

Did Infurna show up?
Did BOA Prez. Jennifer Lemmerman go over?
How about Deputy Mayor (City Solicitor) Van Campen?
What about Manisha, Brodeur or Zwirko?
PWD Scenna?
Ruth Clay?
Paul Johnson?

Did Infurna show up? NO

Did BOA Prez. Jennifer Lemmerman go over? NO

How about Deputy Mayor (City Solicitor) Van Campen? NO

What about Manisha, Brodeur or Zwirko? NO, NO, NO

PWD Scenna? YES

Ruth Clay? YES

Paul Johnson? Unknown

Lavender Bird - NO

Strictly speaking City Hall deserves the most shame. GI, RVC & JLB complete no shows --- City Hall needs a clean sweep across the board at the next election.

Saw on MacMaster’s twitter feed that Zwirko came on Sunday with food and beverages.
Word is that Infurna is out on extended sick leave. Under the City Charter, the BOA President steps in as Mayor.
Acting Mayor, Lemmerman should have showed. When did Van Campen become “Deputy Mayor”. When did Melrose create a Deputy Mayor position?

FORBES SHOWED UP SOME MEMBERS OF THE VFW TO HAND OUT $500 IN GIFT CARDS FOR A USMC VETERAN THAT LOST EVERYTHING. NO FANFARE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ANNOUNCEMENTS, JUST GAVE THEM THE SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE THEY NEEDED. PROUD TO BE A MELROSE VETERAN AND SEE THE GENEROSITY COME FROM LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS THAT DO THE RIGHT THING.

MacMaster lauded The VFW crew. Saw a picture on his twitter feed which included Forbes. The Veterans leadership and all they do to educate the community and support their own is extraordinary! Shawn also thanked the Jen McAndrews Family and a number of local businesses for coming by with donations. Monica M. appears to be a no-show, too. For once Zwirko was not self promoting. Bird was too busy releasing her kick-off Mayoral notice on Friday and covering for Infurna who was in the hospital. Anyone showing Mayoral leadership?

The last thing these people need is a parade of politicians walking through their construction zones.

Great to see the local VFW taking care of a fellow brother in arms. Leave no man behind -- love the camaraderie of the local veteran population in the city of Melrose. They get it.

Also good to see other local organizations and people come together to help our fellow neighbors. The city can learn something from this!

The Bird Mayoral Campaign has poop all over it. If Gail was out of commission, Bird could have been there on Thursday. She certainly should have called the Ward 5 Alderman immediately. She lost my vote. 40 hours of no response? Where was Scenna and Vanny? All the developments in Ward 5 have contributed to the sewer crisis on Brazil Street. Infrastructure can’t handle it. Feces explosions may blow up all over Melrose. Certainly Jackie Lavender Bird’s Campaign for Mayor has been blown up.

I had hopes for Bird when she first started as an Alderman, but lost all respect for her when her spine turned to jelly and she let Dolan walk all over her. She's just another useless insider now.

Yup, just another useless Melrose politician. They have a lot in common with the Ward 5 sewers - they're all full of crap.

Could I inquire as to what you're talking about.

I regard to the Mayor's raise a few years ago, she was the ONLY one to publicly stand up to Dolan.

Agree that JLB showed courage then. We were going to vote for her until the Brazil Street debacle. Maybe Jackie should have questioned how she could work for Illegitimate Gail. Override success and One Melrose efforts have now been covered in **** and lack of action and response just lost Jackie the election.

BOMBED WITH LIVE TURKEYS
Could I inquire as to what you're talking about.

I regard to the Mayor's raise a few years ago, she was the ONLY one to publicly stand up to Dolan.
Yes, at first it looked like she did. That's what I meant when I said I had hopes for her. Unfortunately when Dolan yelled at her she caved like tissue paper instead of telling him to blow it out his a$$. She's been worse than useless ever since.

Seems that Jackie did not seek re-election and left the BOA when she was bullied by Dolan and crew. Bird was not supported by any other BOA member. They all caved and showed they were only rubber stampers. For all the women’s political bull, Lemmerman, Margolis and Infurna acted just like the men. Why did JLB go fo work for GI? She certainly needs to speak to changes at City Hall related to Van Campen, Patrick, Ruth, Paul, Marianne etc. Is JLB an insider now? If so, she will lose.

Other than Monica, all four of the others are definitely in the bag as full-on proven "insiders," for whom any substantive change isn't even remotely on the table. They are spineless windbags who have a proven track record of failing to stand up for actual principles beyond their own self-serving political agenda. They show up for the photo ops but rarely and mostly never when it actually counts.

MM will never be elected in a city full of libs. Out of the rest of the lot, JLB is as good as it gets and is no where near an insider like the rest.

The answer to Michelle's post which disappeared (The Clown's) The truth always prevails. The sickest incident is the Covenant Catholic minor student. You are correct spitting on Eric Trump is how low will you go? Then a man post a go fund me for this waitress now at 5 thousand dollars. Such a joke.
People are sick of the Dems and the party. They think some how they are winning they are a bunch of Clowns. Trump is the next president in 2020. Happy 4th...

Who taught you stream of consciousness “writing”?

Wake up
MM will never be elected in a city full of libs. Out of the rest of the lot, JLB is as good as it gets and is no where near an insider like the rest.
If you think JLB is as good as it gets, that is about the most depressing thing I have heard in awhile. Of course she is an insider- why else would someone with virtually no experience think she could be mayor? She has been been biding her time, and sees a weak set of candidates, so it is time. She will try to hold her cards close to the vest, so you won't really know what she is going to do, but she is surrounded by people who have influenced her thinking, and I guess if you want a Katherine Clarke-wannabe, she is your girl.

I had hoped at least one quality candidate would throw his/her hat in the ring, but once again, we wind up with a slate of zeros, not one of which I would even consider voting for. I give up. It's time to bail while it's still a viable option. Very depressing.

Depressing
I had hoped at least one quality candidate would throw his/her hat in the ring, but once again, we wind up with a slate of zeros, not one of which I would even consider voting for. I give up. It's time to bail while it's still a viable option. Very depressing.
Yes, definitely bail.

The second most gossip place is 02176, Melrose Messages. Richie, the owner of this forum has confirmed. Wispering Winthrop, came in first place. Some facts to take in as Melrose is not so prim and proper.

You are full of crap. Ireton hasn't owned or had anything to do with this for years. In fact, this isn't even the original site. After Patricia Wright passed away, a small group of locals took over, rebuilt and simplified it, and have been running it ever since. If you're going to toss bull$hit around, at least make it believable.

As we have discovered (almost daily!), you can apparently lie despite the facts, and a lot of buffoons will STILL believe you.

Truth speaks for it self.

Hey, Melrose you are right I read that in the paper last week. Melrose was in 2nd place for the most bashing city to each other. The owner Richie said in the article when he had MM.

I have searched for the "Clown" forum and it's NOWHERE. The owner of Melrose Cares is a women democrat far left dolt. Taking post away because it had to do with Trump, she is also deranged.

The woman you reference is deceased, you classless nitwit.

At least you've given up on your old catch phrase "it is what it is", but now it's time to put this one to bed also!
(and itself is one word)

Just look at life.Maybe you are the poser . Willie you are be called out Come on Willie.Just calling you out.

Beer, or vodka?

Zero Class
The woman you reference is deceased, you classless nitwit.
I have a problem: If you have something to say, say it- respectfully. If you have a problem keep your attitude, behavior, or lack of professionalism off Melrose Cares. Everyone knows the owner of MM passed and we pray for her and her family. I am helping in this process and needed to comment. It isn't about winning and losing so be kind.

Why would I be kind or respectful to someone who would post this about someone who, sadly, passed far before her time?

find the clown forum
The owner of Melrose Cares is a women democrat far left dolt. Taking post away because it had to do with Trump, she is also deranged.

Respect has to be earned and kindness is not the answer to viciousness. This idiot deserves neither.

Zero Class
Why would I be kind or respectful to someone who would post this about someone who, sadly, passed far before her time?

find the clown forum
The owner of Melrose Cares is a women democrat far left dolt. Taking post away because it had to do with Trump, she is also deranged.

Respect has to be earned and kindness is not the answer to viciousness. This idiot deserves neither.
Hello, do you need to have your eyes checked or you head examined? The first sentence it reads "The owner of Melrose Cares" ok, now please move on. I also wrote on the Clowns forum. People before politics

You can clear this up easily. Who exactly is the woman you claim "owns" Melrose Cares? If you're talking about Patricia Wright, she passed away unexpectedly about a year ago. If you're not talking about Patricia Wright, then who are you talking about?

The "owner" of this site is Bravenet. They lease bandwidth to a client who wants to start a message board, like the original Melrose Messages, which was started by Richard Ireton. After several years, administering the site was taken over by Patty Wright. Shortly after she died the site exhausted it's bandwidth limit and/or stopped paying for it and went dormant for several months, until an individual or group stepped up and took over the administration, changed the name to Melrose Cares: A Community Dialogue, and started paying the lease bill.

Re: clown show

i wrote the clown show but they took it down because im not one of there liberal snow flakes.the debate was a joke open borders and free healthcare for people who sneak into our country ill say it again what about our veterans who are homeless and just americans period.why cant we help our own.some liberals care more about people who sneak into our country.well its time you care about our people first.well you know they are going to take this post down because its the truth.what about free speech....oh thats right we dont have that in melrose unless its from the clowns...well happy 4th to all people of this great country and god bless our veterans.

Perhaps if you learned to use proper grammar and punctuation, how to spell, and how to construct a sentence correctly it might make a difference. As a veteran I agree with the sentiment, but the message gets lost in the gobbledygook you write.

Thank you for the information on this new sight.(no clue)

Thanks for the Clown information too. Vin

Have a Great Fourth of July. Suggestion.

Why don't you just grow up.Please do not wast our time.

Freedom of Speech: It is a Miracle we have the freedom in America.

. "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself...

Davey
Interesting that FOS also stands for Full of \$hit!
That is your Low Life Mind. You need to take an Etiquette class.

1 2