Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mayoral election

I am concerned that if Melrose becomes a sanctuary city we will be dealing with more overcrowding in our schools. We can hardly keep up as it is now. This has nothing to do with how I feel about immigration. I feel like we are bursting now.

Re: Mayoral election

If you are worried about that, you should look very carefully at the mayoral candidates. I can think of more than one who would flip to a sanctuary city if they could orchestrate that.

Maybe you all to wake up.We are not even close to elections day.Going to be a long summer.Between now and September. Who will come out to campaign?Who"s going to be the liter?That person.

You HAVE to be kidding with that post, right?

Oh, please. My house is my most significant investment. Maybe you are a secret billionaire. I do not want illegal immigrants and more affordable apartments built. They are going to bring down my home value. I have every right to protect my property. Take your self-righteous, virtue signalling somewhere else — your elitism reeks of fake guilt, which comes at the cost of people like me.

This is where you can rely on the fake elitist liberals to do your work for you. There may be talk of a sanctuary city but if Melrose became one, it would be in name only.

These phonies also like their home values which btw, the sanctuary city status hasn't hurt the property values of Somerville or Cambridge, but they don't like the poor and financially struggling. They don't like people who aren't white beyond a few tokens. Look around to see this is true.

There may be one or two families that one of the stupid commissions finds who are willing to expose themselves to consequences by being trotted out for the usual dog and pony shows, that will receive great fanfare, but overall these fake people like the idea of helping immigrants without actually helping them. To live in Melrose under a certain income, you're going to need help and these people aren't going to give it. Not after the 1st month anyway.

The demands placed on the school system are being made by the current non-immigrant parents who think they are in Lexington but can't afford to live there so they came here to torture the long term residents.

Don't Worry About It
This is where you can rely on the fake elitist liberals to do your work for you. There may be talk of a sanctuary city but if Melrose became one, it would be in name only.

These phonies also like their home values which btw, the sanctuary city status hasn't hurt the property values of Somerville or Cambridge, but they don't like the poor and financially struggling. They don't like people who aren't white beyond a few tokens. Look around to see this is true.

There may be one or two families that one of the stupid commissions finds who are willing to expose themselves to consequences by being trotted out for the usual dog and pony shows, that will receive great fanfare, but overall these fake people like the idea of helping immigrants without actually helping them. To live in Melrose under a certain income, you're going to need help and these people aren't going to give it. Not after the 1st month anyway.

The demands placed on the school system are being made by the current non-immigrant parents who think they are in Lexington but can't afford to live there so they came here to torture the long term residents.
Let's hear it guys "wah, my property taxes are still among the lowest east of Worcester.". **** these liberals and their desire to adequately fund city services! Tyrannical transplants!

@ Come On Man

Funding "city services" read: the schools : was a minor part of my post.

If you want to bring up the override though, the perceived gains from high property values is one of the claims made in support of raising the taxes. News flash: Higher taxes aren't better but the fake liberals here love both high property values and high taxes.

It's is their commitment to actual sanctuary city principles that I am questioning. As I wrote, the property values of long time sanctuary cities have not been impacted but you've given me the opportunity to point out that the transplants were not interested in living in these sanctuary cities when it came time to educate their children. Why is that? Too many immigrants perhaps?

Listen if they do hide them here just call ice and report it.i have family that works for the feds he with one phone call would come do his job.They need to come here the right way through the front door not the back door. my family did it the right way.you sneek in you go back.And to the liberals that dont like the truth did you notice these people all have cell phones and they look like they are eating really well on the trip.Dont get me wrong im for the rite way.But again the money spent on them is crazy should be spent on our veterans and homeless.wake up people.OK snowflakes say what your going to say.dont care the truth hurts.

Don't Worry About It
@ Come On Man

Funding "city services" read: the schools : was a minor part of my post.

If you want to bring up the override though, the perceived gains from high property values is one of the claims made in support of raising the taxes. News flash: Higher taxes aren't better but the fake liberals here love both high property values and high taxes.

It's is their commitment to actual sanctuary city principles that I am questioning. As I wrote, the property values of long time sanctuary cities have not been impacted but you've given me the opportunity to point out that the transplants were not interested in living in these sanctuary cities when it came time to educate their children. Why is that? Too many immigrants perhaps?
Actually we decided to live here instead of Cambridge because it was convenient to my work in Boston and my wife's work in Andover. Cambridge wasn't.

Nice try with the guessing game about liberal motives though.

We all live here cuz we choose it's all about location.I think that's how we all choose Location.Close to family and work and friends and what we can afford.