Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lemmerman

This website often sheds light on subjects politicians and their sycophants try and hide.

John
Funny she leaves melrose.. why not raise your kid here. The override will MAKE YOU BETTER!!. What a joke. This whole thing proves how upside down melrose is!!
Well let's see... Andover is cheaper then Melrose housing-wise so that was probably a factor (have you compared availabilities on the market between towns?). Also, don't act like she's leaving because of the property tax rate because Andover's is much higher. Maybe she wanted a town that would actually invest in it's community by passing an override more than once every QUARTER CENTURY. And one that wasn't filled with babies who whine about a 500 dollar annual property tax increase on their houses that have QUADRUPLED OR QUINTUPLED in value since the 90s.

Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, it was a complicated decision for her to leave and it has absolutely nothing to do with politics or the override. And you are just being a total jerk bringing it into a personal decision.

That last post has to be one of the best examples of "the pot calling the kettle black (jerk)" that I've ever seen!

Good ol' Willie, the arbiter of civility. I think discourteous comments deserves discourteous responses.

@Jabber

My interpretation is that she was promoting an override tax increase that she wasn't intending to pay herself.

People have the right to move but it's disingenuous to act like you're SO invested in the community when you really aren't.

You continue to fail in your comprehension that $500 is meaningful to some households and that it's going to be a $500+ tax increase forever.

Go check your carbon footprint or something.

Out of Melrose
@Jabber

My interpretation is that she was promoting an override tax increase that she wasn't intending to pay herself.

People have the right to move but it's disingenuous to act like you're SO invested in the community when you really aren't.

You continue to fail in your comprehension that $500 is meaningful to some households and that it's going to be a $500+ tax increase forever.

Go check your carbon footprint or something.
Maybe both you and the poster complaining about the override didn't read the entire thread, but she still owns a condo in town. She will still be paying the higher taxes, but feel free to keep giving her a hard time for deciding to move. A decision I am positive had absolutely zero to do with the property tax override