Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Trustworthy Medeiros

Personally, I don't care whether she supports Trump or not. That has about as much to do with running the city as Boris Johnson and Brexit.
What I like is that she seems the more fiscally conservative of the two. Brodeur, as state rep, supported bolstering public union bargaining positions. Don't know whether he gets it that as Mayor, he will be in a naturally adversarial relationship with them.
Also, I hope liberal Dems get the joke that if Warren wins the stock market will likely tank 20% minimum. Who cares? Public unions and taxpayers should. Where do you think pension funds are invested? That's right, the market. Already stretched, the City will then have a choice: weaker pension funding ratios or higher taxes. Which way do you think Mr. Brodeur would go?

Soxboy has obviously never spoken to Monica or looked at her resume. There is nothing in either a conversation or a review of her career body of work that would indicate anything other than she would be way, way, way over her head. Anyone feel like a repeat of the last two years with Infurna? If you do, vote for Monica. City Hall came to a grinding halt the day Infurna took over and MM would be more of the same.

I believe PAUL Brodeur there tonight and i was not impressed.Has he forgotten about running for mayor?I was at a public meeting he talked about things that might help melrose funding repairs to the arts.Maybe Paul has to remember just showing up all public events will not you elected as mayor.IT like at picture in the paper.Meeting 6 13 2019.The Poses every candidate has to prove themselves. We have a lot of poser.Have big shoes to fill.The question becomes.WHOS going to work at it hard?

I am a lifelong Democrat, but, even though one would think that a pet rock should be able to beat the current buffoon, I don't see any of the current crop of potential candidates as 'electable'. Scary!

Monica Medeiros is the only mature, fair-minded voice.

ED, Bush is still alive, it's pretty rude to call him "passed" already!

Geezer
ED, Bush is still alive, it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s pretty rude to call him \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"passed\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" already!
Hey, get it right Bush Sr. died last year so get the facts. The place I live Melrose, Ma Must Vote For Monica. She will not have her hand in the bag...you will be sorry if you vote for the man.

The statement is about hate and the facts. You go Monica, you will be the first women for Melrose, we need you for our mayor...Mayor Monica.

What else is next for this group of haters???

My neighbors on Melrose st. are both selling their house because Melrose is a different city then before. School problems never solved only becoming worse.

‘correct’, get YOUR facts straight! ‘ED’ (who has since rightly removed his post, because it was ridiculous) was referring to a recent story regarding Ellen and George W., who is very much alive, and called him a passed President.

I am going to assume he meant "past". This entire discussion is ridiculous. Honest to God.

Words matter.
We all know what happens when we “”assume”.

Everyone on this site knows you took ED's down because it had the HATE word to you. Starts with a T and end
in a p. People are not believing you Geezer.

Yeah, like I have the ‘power’ to remove posts on here!
My comment to ED was a polite way of saying “Hey, buffoon, when you don’t know the difference between passed and past, I immediately discount everything else that you have to say”.

Monica Medeiros is the only mature, fair-minded voice.

Monica is not a true politician like we are seeing on the DEMS side. Geezer is teaching posters how to be a bully. The cause and effect the DEMS are causing around the world is to weaken our president. The effect is what is happening today with Turkey so start RESPECTING our country.

Geezer
Yeah, like I have the ‘power’ to remove posts on here!
My comment to ED was a polite way of saying “Hey, buffoon, when you don’t know the difference between passed and past, I immediately discount everything else that you have to say”.
Like not knowing how to say nuclear and saying nucular instead. Prior poster is right. This entire discussion is ridiculous.

You are so right hate is not the answer. Move to a liberal city or town if you are not for Monica.

Yet I’m sure you noticed that FOX news started saying “nucular”, so the President would sound ‘less stupid’.

....and when did expecting people to use proper English become bullying? Probably when you started accepting it when someone wanted to “axe” you a question!