Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Announcement: meeting on overnight parking ban scheduled

Well that's that. Now I have a question - in what alternate universe does an advisory board or commission have the authority or responsibility to set or change policy?

As it turned out, the Commission had no balls. Lousy decision, but that's the way It goes in Melrose. We just accept things and move on, saying whatareyagonnado. Hopefully the election will change that a bit!

That's your opinion. You don't like it because they didn't do what you wanted. I, on the other hand, as well as the vast majority of those in attendance, think they arrived at the correct decision.

Get over it.

Can't imagine any of the candidates for office next month would publicly embrace a repeal of the parking ban. Repeal won't address the real issues for most Melrosians, who would likely be up in arms if it were repealed. Tackling the issues with the parking ban is not a binary choice matter.

**** libtards trying give me the freedom to park where I want to.

“Okay”, of course that’s why I don’t like it, DUH! And of course anything other than stating facts is simply my opinion, which I am entitled to have.
As far as getting over it, it’s ancient history to me, and won’t affect my life one iota, until we discuss it again, or not, the next time.

This is how Smellrose makes it's $$$$. Parking tickets and not all downtown is the same amount of time. One part is 2 hour and the other side is 30 mins...watch the signs. I have 3 cars and this $ucks thanks to the realtors for not telling us this information.

That's been that way for years. It was a deliberate decision to allocate part of the parking for short-term use (to encourage more turnover), and others to longer-term use. No surprises except to anyone who never bothered to check the signs that have been there for years.