Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hahahaha Monica loses and Melrose Messages is lame

I have to agree. I don't understand how saying you don't think she's qualified gets interpreted as "Since when is a single woman running for office, living at home with her widow mother, who has a BA and MS degrees in political science a negative?"

In any venue I've ever seen, a 60-40 loss is called a landslide defeat. Does that mean that the concerns of 40% of voters are irrelevant? Certainly not. It means that 60% thought PB was the better choice, although I'm not at all sure he'll be a decent Mayor either. Time will tell, but if you're expecting some kind of striking changes, I wouldn't hold your breath.

"owned a home, paid bills and raised a family" do you ever stop to listen to how elitist you people are? this city is so full of mean girls now it's nauseating.

Brodeur would be well served if he applies a prudent dose of skepticism of those who were lapdogs for the ancien regime, and also comes to understand Taymore and her lapdogs are liabilities, not assets.

you represent "new melrose" perfectly. thank you

Whether I disagree or agree with them, it’s comments “disappearing” that will make this message board irrelevant,

Messages that involve attacking individuals based on such things as child-bearing status, among other vicious recent elements, will be removed. Mostly this is an unmonitored board, but the admins reserve the right to remove posts deemed and/or reported as offensive. Such posters who persist will be banned.

Don't know if the above post is supposed to end the thread but comments are open.

So Brodeur won. Whoopie. Monica would have had a tough road as mayor because the Not One Melrose, MEF and associated cannot abide by anyone having an opinion contrary to theirs and they attack and attack until they win.

Yes. I said it. Win. Because that's how they treat their positions. Must win at all costs. It's not a democracy. It is ramming their politics down your throat until you swallow. They acted offended that Monica was even on the ballot.

She lost by 20% not 80% or 90% as they would have you believe. For all the work on the override, it was 45 to 55 %, again not an overwhelming majority.

Sadly for me, people began selling their houses after the override, so the community is becoming more the Not One Melrose and their hypocritical ways.

Communities change but all the I moved here 2 years ago and I know better than you is not a good thing.

Melrose Cares Admins
Messages that involve attacking individuals based on such things as child-bearing status, among other vicious recent elements, will be removed. Mostly this is an unmonitored board, but the admins reserve the right to remove posts deemed and/or reported as offensive. Such posters who persist will be banned.
Okay - I'll bite. What did I post that even remotely resembled any of the things you just accused me of?

I'm a 41 year old male. My child-bearing status is "extremely unlikely".

Do I get banned now?

You know and I know that "whether she has children" is what was meant.

That was a joke. For crying out loud. And who even cares anyway? It's nobody's business if she has kids or not.

Meant by who? I didn't say that. It's ridiculous on it's face, and totally irrelevant. I don't care how many kids she does or doesn't have as long as none of them are mine. My status isn't "extremely unlikely". It's either "been there, done that" or "thanks, but no thanks".

Judging by some of the "parenting" that goes on in Melrose, I wouldn't list that as an asset anyway.

This thread is very hard to follow...it seems disjointed. Can people please start using the “quote” button so I can follow who is saying what to whom?