Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Brandon Reid for State Representative

Data mining is a terrible thing.

Just a reminder to all that the primary election is coming up on Tuesday, Feb. 4th! I ask for you to please get out to the polls and cast your vote, by writing in: "BRANDON REID 71 Grove St., Melrose"
Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments you may have at Reidforstaterep@gmail.com
Thank you!

Brandon Reid
Just a reminder to all that the primary election is coming up on Tuesday, Feb. 4th! I ask for you to please get out to the polls and cast your vote, by writing in: "BRANDON REID 71 Grove St., Melrose"
Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments you may have at Reidforstaterep@gmail.com
Thank you!
And please remember to ask for the REPUBLICAN BALLOT at the polls on Feb 4th. It is important that the write-in is on this ballot in order for your vote to count. Also, for my name to appear on the general election ballot on March 3rd, I need at least 150 write-in votes on the Republican ballot in this Feb. 4th primary.

Let's not let the winner of the Democratic primary go unopposed in March. Please be one of the 150 voters to help me get on the general election ballot.

Thank you!

No offense intended Brandon, you seem like a very nice person, and I wish you the best of luck in your effort, but I have to say that "fate" picked a brutal time for you to be trying to lure any Independents or Democrats into even considering taking a Republican ballot. I'm sure that you watch television also!

Willie
No offense intended Brandon, you seem like a very nice person, and I wish you the best of luck in your effort, but I have to say that "fate" picked a brutal time for you to be trying to lure any Independents or Democrats into even considering taking a Republican ballot. I'm sure that you watch television also!
No offense taken, and thank you. I'm not trying to lure anyone, I just believe I am the best candidate for the position. I'm encouraging Unenrolled and Republican voters to get out and vote. If I do not get the 150 write-in votes on the otherwise blank Republican ballot, the Democratic nominee will go unopposed in March, and will be your next state representative.

Keep in mind that I'm not a career politician, nor have I taken a dime from anyone for this campaign. My priority is serving the people of this district and state, regardless of party. The Democrats that I'm up against will go along with whatever the agenda of other Democrats on Beacon Hill. In fact, they have each already pledged not to run against in November, should one of them win in March. If they each feel they are the best candidate, then why not run again in November? Because they all have the exact same ideologies and will never go against their party, regardless of the best interest of the people.

And Willie -I hope I can count on your vote, my friend! :)

I thought you said the election was on the 3rd????

He corrected himself about a month ago 'Willie', or are you simply trying to obfuscate?

I’m a registered Democrat, but will be taking my ballot, skipping past all of the regular candidates (Kate, boo) and writing in “Brandon Reid, 71 Grove Street”!!!! I’m a convert!

Jack Mehoffer
I’m a registered Democrat, but will be taking my ballot, skipping past all of the regular candidates (Kate, boo) and writing in “Brandon Reid, 71 Grove Street”!!!! I’m a convert!
Much appreciated Jack! Thank you!

I was a democrat until they went Commie (should have changed the name of the board of alderman from councilor to COMRAD)! I am unenrolled voter and will write in Brandon Reid for state rep. I am also a Christian, PROLIFE, anti gay marriage, staunch supporter of Israel, pro law enforcement (need tougher juvenile laws that emphasize consequences for ones actions), legal immigration only, and an end to progressive liberalism.

Horace Mann
I was a democrat until they went Commie (should have changed the name of the board of alderman from councilor to COMRAD)! I am unenrolled voter and will write in Brandon Reid for state rep. I am also a Christian, PROLIFE, anti gay marriage, staunch supporter of Israel, pro law enforcement (need tougher juvenile laws that emphasize consequences for ones actions), legal immigration only, and an end to progressive liberalism.
Wow, you sound like you’d be a great time at a party. Seems like you may have some “control issues.” Lighten up bro, stop worrying about what others are doing and focus on YOU!

Horace Mann
Thank you sir! I appreciate it

Glad you're leaving the Unenrolled Horace, it sounds like the republican party will be a nice fit for you. No offense intended, of course, lol.

Mr. Reid, what’s your opinion of a country that has sunk SO low, that it would be debating whether a fair trial should have evidence and witnesses? (Yes, us!)

Jeff
Mr. Reid, what’s your opinion of a country that has sunk SO low, that it would be debating whether a fair trial should have evidence and witnesses? (Yes, us!)
Well, my opinion of this country differs from my opinion of the handling of an ongoing impeachment trial, if that is what you're asking. Elected officials will come and go. Some will be competent, others will not; but make no mistake, America remains great through it all.

I see.
As a potential career politician, would you ever agree to a political debate format where the ONLY answer to a question could be "yes" or "no", nothing else added? That has always been a 'dream debate format' for me! :)

Jeff
I see.
As a potential career politician, would you ever agree to a political debate format where the ONLY answer to a question could be "yes" or "no", nothing else added? That has always been a 'dream debate format' for me! :)
That wouldn't be much of a debate. More like a survey. But I'd do that, sure.

Sorry Brandon, I was almost convinced, but someone (even those only connected 'by association') has to "pay" for what has just happened, and unfortunately that someone starts with you.

Willie
Sorry Brandon, I was almost convinced, but someone (even those only connected 'by association') has to "pay" for what has just happened, and unfortunately that someone starts with you.
I have no association with anyone involved in the impeachment hearings, so I'm not sure how keeping me off a ballot will make anyone feel better. But if you do want to make me "pay", help me get past Tuesday and make me pay in the general election. If don't get the 150 write in votes on Tuesday, the only people who will pay are those who want a choice in the general election. I encourage people to vote for me on Tuesday, even if they don't plan to in the general election.

She will run in the general election if she gets 150 write in ballots! She KNOWS how to get it done. Write in “MONICA MEDEIROS, 3 BAY STATE ROAD, APT A, MELROSE, MA”.

Don’t put your faith in someone untested in Melrose...vote with your head AND your heart for Monica. She can win!!!

Monica for State Rep!
She will run in the general election if she gets 150 write in ballots! She KNOWS how to get it done. Write in “MONICA MEDEIROS, 3 BAY STATE ROAD, APT A, MELROSE, MA”.

Don’t put your faith in someone untested in Melrose...vote with your head AND your heart for Monica. She can win!!!
As I mentioned on the other thread you started, Monica has offered support to my campaign from day one and has been very helpful in my effort to get enough votes to win the nomination. She is not seeking this seat, so putting her name out there for. It only makes you look foolish. Trying to derail my write-in campaign is petty, given that I'm already at a huge disadvantage and simply trying to give people an option in the general.

Good luck to all. Signing off this message board. Many thanks to those who will be supporting me on Tuesday, and even those who will not.

For those who would like to stay in contact, or have any questions, please feel free to reach out at:

Reidforstaterep@gmail.com

I’ll still never even consider voting for a Republican again in my lifetime, but have to say that was a good effort Brandon, and I’m glad you made it onto the final ballot!

Thank you Willie, and many thanks to everyone on here who did make it out to the polls (even those who didn't vote for me)! Every vote counted in this primary, and now voters will have a choice on March 3rd!