Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Public Safety Shaft

Forbes was vocal about the Infurna Administration never calling for a committee meeting during the 2019 calendar year - He talked about his frustrations over the lack of progress at the council meetings & there were more than a few tense exchanges between himself and the mayors office. He was communicating with both chiefs into December (to his credit) in order to keep some kind of dialogue going but there is only so much one can do if City Hall doesn't want to engage and move the dial forward.

Hopefully somebody can assert themselves to keep the discussion going - for what it is worth, Forbes will be missed. He was always an advocate for our Fire Police and EMT's and has visited the stations numerous times to assess the conditions himself without any fanfare.

You all had your chance, and you blew it.

Call me crazy, but I believe Paul will be the mayor to complete this building. Dolan had plenty of time to erect a public safety building but he always had it out for our police (and fire). Paul doesn’t have that same hate and venom toward our public safety officials. Only time will tell.

I hope you’re right, but my fear is that it’s going to take a ‘catastrophe’, somehow related to the building condition(s), to get people upset enough about the out-dated situations, to demand action.

I just cannot understand how a city official, or citizen for that matter, can look at the Police/Fire stations and not feel disgusted. Every city around, ever single one has a new or newer building. Lets get it going, Paul.