Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is the most pressing issue that this community faces...?

..and what action(s) would you like to see taken to address it?

This is a question I've been getting a lot of, and of course I have my own opinions..but I'd love to hear from you -the residents of this district. Far too often, politicians use their platform to tell voters what is best for them and what issue or issues they should be most concerned about. However, one of the most important roles of an elected official, is to listen. Not just to like-minded individuals, but everyone in the community they are elected to represent. So with that said, I'd love to hear your responses!

Reidforstaterep@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/reidforstaterep

Re: What is the most pressing issue that this community faces...?

In the hopefully unlikely event that you're elected (no personal offense intended, but I've previously expressed my disgust with the current republican administration/party, and anyone associated with it) I do accept that you are sincere in at least trying to represent everyone in the community, and will therefore be emailing you some of my feelings about the most pressing issues, plural, that I feel definitely have to be addressed, so that Melrose can start to return to the status that the Realtors and politicians are still pretending "we" have!

Willie
In the hopefully unlikely event that you're elected (no personal offense intended, but I've previously expressed my disgust with the current republican administration/party, and anyone associated with it) I do accept that you are sincere in at least trying to represent everyone in the community, and will therefore be emailing you some of my feelings about the most pressing issues, plural, that I feel definitely have to be addressed, so that Melrose can start to return to the status that the Realtors and politicians are still pretending "we" have!
I think you and everyone else in this district should vote for the candidate you feel will best represent the people of this community.
The current administration doesn't even know of my existence, so the idea that if I am not successful in this election, party leadership will somehow be sent a message, is a flawed notion. I'm about working together. I'm not doing this to forcefeed the public into agreeing with my personal beliefs or telling you or anyone else what is best for you. I'm doing it to represent everyone well. I look forward to working alongside Democrats and Republicans alike in the State House.
And don't worry Willie, in the "hopefully unlikely event that I'm elected", I'll still represent you well ;)

Brandon Reid

This is a question I've been getting a lot of, and of course I have my own opinions..but I'd love to hear from you -the residents of this district. Far too often, politicians use their platform to tell voters what is best for them and what issue or issues they should be most concerned about. However, one of the most important roles of an elected official, is to listen. Not just to like-minded individuals, but everyone in the community they are elected to represent. So with that said, I'd love to hear your responses!

Wow, you continue to bring a lot to the table...missing dates for signatures, barely squeaking out 150 write in ballots and now trying to crowd source ideas from the biggest collection of mouth breathers and basement dwellers in town.

Looooooooo-ooooooooooooo-ooooooooooo-ser!!

To those who would like to continue an open conversation about the issues that affect this community in a respectful and adult manner, feel free to reach out to me directly.

New Superintendent What is the hold up starting this search? Why do we need to pay an expensive firm for this. Is the Chair of the School Committee holding this up? Yes you are right New Superintendent What is the hold up starting this search? Why do we need to pay an expensive firm for this. Someone please take over and speak up.

Brandon Reid

Fire and Police Stations. More Police Officers on the street. Numbers are appalling. MPD is understaffed. Fire Stations aren’t fit for human living.

Willie
Upset with the current republican admin? Willie - wake u - this is a one party state - why do you think we have high taxes, infrastructure problems, illegal immigration problems, state house corruption!

Brandon is the only bright light among those running! You actually think that the opportunists Kate G is going to be an improvement over Brodeur? Think again. Kate is just a go-along to get-along person - she has much higher ambitions.

You are absolutely 100% positively and completely correct. I have no issue with, nor do I disagree with anything that anyone says on this message board because Melrose Messages is just swell and I am so grateful that you this excellent forum to be able to correct my, up until now, ridiculous opinions! Thank you so much, honestly!