1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ask the Mayor!

I like turtles.

Light Stuff
What is your TV guilty pleasure? Thanks for doing this!
Watching reruns of the Golden Girls on TV Land. Betty White is a National Treasure! Also, National Treasure is my favorite Nick Cage movie!

- Mayor

Curfew? That's astonishing - prohibit people from going out when no one is out anyway. After heart surgery, it's especially important for me to exercise. Gyms are closed, so I go out and walk in the middle of the night in order to absolutely minimize chances that I'll even see another human being, let alone not be able to properly distance myself.

This disease is not some terrorist skulking around in the middle of the night trying to blow stuff up. A curfew during daylight hours makes more sense. Is this virus a nightmare? Of course, but trying to force people to use common sense is a waste of time. There is no cure for stupidity.

Paul Brodeur
Alright, if we don’t have new questions in the next day I will consider this thread closed. Thank you all for the great questions and let’s all come together for the future of Melrose.

- Mayor
There's no such thing as a stupid question.May be he thinks some of questions are dumb.The questions should be about Coronavirus information to help all of us.

The questions should be about Coronavirus information to help all of us.

Ted Kenney
So Paul Brodeur how do we stop this corona-virus 19 and what else can we do?

People Post
Ted Kenney
Are you saying you don't want more questions with one day period of time?Consider it closed.Do you prefer no Questions.So you will not communicate back to us if someone his a Question.So all you did was a good impression that you care and then if nobody had a question for a couple days you are done answering questions.You know very well that it is easier to ask questions than answer them.Give answer.Not surprised to see you walk away and consider it closed.Iam sure there:s a lot of questions about this disease were all fighting coronavirus 19 to live.This has an impact on every family in this community it is crisis her in Melrose.So ask the MAYOR is done answering questions. Appropriately means understanding the situation and working out what kind of response to give. In familiar settings this may be easy,but when you:re with people you don;t know so well; you may have to weigh things up quite quickly.

Natjiral Life
People Post
Ted Kenney
Are you saying you don't want more questions with one day period of time?Consider it closed.Do you prefer no Questions.So you will not communicate back to us if someone his a Question.So all you did was a good impression that you care and then if nobody had a question for a couple days you are done answering questions.You know very well that it is easier to ask questions than answer them.Give answer.Not surprised to see you walk away and consider it closed.Iam sure there:s a lot of questions about this disease were all fighting coronavirus 19 to live.This has an impact on every family in this community it is crisis her in Melrose.So ask the MAYOR is done answering questions. Appropriately means understanding the situation and working out what kind of response to give. In familiar settings this may be easy,but when you:re with people you don;t know so well; you may have to weigh things up quite quickly.
Repost. Too long; didn’t read. Distracts from the purpose and good information on this thread.

Come on folks, let’s re-read what we’ve written before pressing “post.”

Now, I have to get back to important business. Gail has graciously agreed to keep answering questions, so ask away!

- Mayor

So, does home seclusion make people more gullible, or simply bored enough to play along for something to do?

So to let you know are a lot people on the field at the High School.Are you going to shut it down?

That last question was for the Mayor Paul Brodeur.

Happy Times
Gail, what is your favorite memory of your successful tenure as Mayor?

Thinking of happier times...
Great question. I had so many wonderful memories, but the one that will stay with me is dining al fresco during the Stroll with friends and seeing so many of the great citizens of Melrose. We are a great City.

Gail

When is the so-called Mayor ever going to give a straight-forward, honest answer to a question? Instead of the usual political avoid-an-answer-that makes-me-look-bad. So, the questions are: when are you going to get rid of Ruth Clay and the DPW chief? Without the usual skirting the issue language.....you have been in politics a long time Mayor, and your evasiveness shows it!!

So to let you know are a lot people on the field at the High School.Are you going to shut it down?April 12 2020.Who,s going to answer this question?

Ted Kenney
So to let you know are a lot people on the field at the High School.Are you going to shut it down?April 12 2020.Who,s going to answer this question?
Thanks for the question! The great thing about a football field is that it has a painted line every three feet (they are called “yard lines”). So, it is very easy for people to measure that they are remaining six feet apart (by standing two “yard lines” away from each other). Of course, the “yard lines” only run in one direction so people still need to use common sense to ensure that they aren’t too close on the “width” portion. That being said, it is a much more appropriate place to - responsibly - meet up than other sporting areas like a tennis court or baseball field; they don’t have the “yard lines.”

I appreciate your concern, but this one shouldn’t trouble you!

Gail

Gail Infurna
Ted Kenney
Thanks for the question! The great thing about a football field is that it has a painted line every three feet (they are called “yard lines”). So, it is very easy for people to measure that they are remaining six feet apart (by standing two “yard lines” away from each other). Of course, the “yard lines” only run in one direction so people still need to use common sense to ensure that they aren’t too close on the “width” portion. That being said, it is a much more appropriate place to - responsibly - meet up than other sporting areas like a tennis court or baseball field; they don’t have the “yard lines.”

I appreciate your concern, but this one shouldn’t trouble you!

Gail

Thank you Ted Kenney.

The last DPW chief left Melrose about 9 months ago. The new DPW director just started at the beginning of this month.

Still not tired of "playing Geezer", you buffoon?

There have been ??? total cases of COVID-19 in Melrose.

Is whether we ALL will be informed of when/where the ? people who have tested positive have recently been, if they were indeed public places. Could someone clarify that for all?

Gail Infurna

I appreciate your concern, but this one shouldn’t trouble you! Gail

I can see that you haven't gotten any smarter since leaving the big office, and since you're a nurse, I'm completely appalled that you would post such drivel. The six foot rule does not apply in any case involving even moderate physical activity, like jogging. If you are infected and jog, you leave a cloud of airborne virus particles behind you for as much as 40 to 50 feet.

You aren't just ignorant, you're dangerous. Of course the people on Brazil Street already knew that.

I'm still waiting for an answer to the "When is Ruth Clay going to be fired?" question.

Is whether we ALL will be informed of when/where the ? people who have tested positive have recently been, if they were indeed public places. Could someone clarify that for all? COVID-19 in Melrose.

Exactly how many times are you going to post this?

Not sure what you are talking about. Read the question that was asked.

Geezer
Still not tired of "playing Geezer", you buffoon?
Chill out Geezer, or you’re going to blow your o-ring.

The administration is scared to death of this site, both now, and in it's prior incarnation. Why else do you think XXXXXX banned access to it, a practice that continues to this day?

Noah Hano with seven tablets he later donated to local hospitals. –Maddy Allen

Many patients dying of COVID-19 never get to say goodbye.
Related Links

Live updates: The latest news on the coronavirus outbreak in New England
An updating overview of coronavirus in Massachusetts
How to find help and access resources if you’re impacted by the coronavirus

In an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus, hospitals are not allowing family and friends to visit and comfort their loved ones in their final hours. One volunteer is trying to give families those final moments back — using tablets.

For the last two weeks, Noah Hano has been buying tablets to donate to local hospitals, so that dying coronavirus patients can connect with their families. He has purchased, set up, and delivered roughly 50 tablets to eight hospitals around New England, including Brigham and Women’s in Boston, Mercy Hospital in Springfield, and Newton-Wellesley Hospital in Newton.

The idea came from Hano’s friend who works as a nurse practitioner at Beverly Hospital and posted a call for donations of tablets, phones, or anything else that would enable families to communicate with isolated COVID-19 patients. Some doctors and nurses have also called for cell phones and chargers. Hano initially bought seven tablets and set them up with basic video calling platforms, like FaceTime, Skype, and Zoom. He delivered them to the hospital the next day, and decided to use the momentum he’d already gathered to start a fundraising campaign to purchase and distribute more tablets. Hano’s goal is to raise $30,000.

“People are all alone when they arrive at the emergency room, because there aren’t any visitors allowed in the hospital, and some come with phones that the battery might be dead, or they might not come with a phone at all, especially some of the elderly patients,” said Hano. “There’s no way for families to communicate…[a video call] really is the only way to say goodbye to their loved one.”

Hano says that he’s heard of nurses in some hospitals using their own personal phones to facilitate these goodbye calls. He says this is an imperfect solution, as sharing their personal phones with patients could increase their own risk of infection. Using donated tablets also means that hospitals can conduct some internal operations virtually — for instance, a doctor inside a contaminated zone could use it to consult with a doctor outside the contaminated zone without having to remove or waste personal protective equipment.

Currently, Hano is using the funds from his Facebook campaign to purchase Amazon Fire 7 tablets, which he can get for $49 and set up himself, occasionally with some help from his daughters. He’s ordered over 150 tablets, and has also connected with volunteers in Washington state and New Jersey who are interested in replicating his donation efforts. Hano works as a real estate developer, and he says this is the first time he’s organized a charity campaign like this.

“If we’re going to make it through this, everybody can do something. We’re not powerless,” said Hano. “Whether it’s staying at home and that’s the most important thing, or reaching out to somebody that’s elderly that might be alone — everybody has something to give, and that’s kind of what I’ve learned from this process. And just give it a shot.”

Never Answered
The administration is scared to death of this site, both now, and in it's prior incarnation. Why else do you think XXXXXX banned access to it, a practice that continues to this day?
Admins can’t help you, bro! Ever heard of Tor? IP addresses for days.

Now, back to my post that was removed by the admins for...uh...speaking the truth?

Laughable that you say the administration is scared of this message board, but you won’t even list their name? Keyboard warrior on an anonymous site and you STILL won’t say the name. This the same vague innuendo always being spread on this board...

Get a different slant.

Yup, I’m back and going no where.

The MA Dept of Public Health today started publishing lists on a town by town basis (with rates per 100K people) and by hospital facility

You can find the links here:

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-cases-quarantine-and-monitoring

The town list will be updated each Wednesday. It's not sortable unless you copy into an Excel spreadsheet, and hide towns with counts of 0-5 (about 84 of those, mostly in western and central MA, but not all). Melrose has 86 cases with a rate per 100K of 297, placing it in the highest 100-110 municipalities (along with Reading and Woburn), definitely lower than the rates of its surrounding towns/cities (Stoneham - 578; Malden - 559; Saugus - 482; Wakefield - 441). Not as low as Winchester's rate of 166. As we all should know by now, Melrose is not Winchester.

Concerned Melrosians
The MA Dept of Public Health today started publishing lists on a town by town basis (with rates per 100K people) and by hospital facility

You can find the links here:

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-cases-quarantine-and-monitoring

The town list will be updated each Wednesday. It's not sortable unless you copy into an Excel spreadsheet, and hide towns with counts of 0-5 (about 84 of those, mostly in western and central MA, but not all). Melrose has 86 cases with a rate per 100K of 297, placing it in the highest 100-110 municipalities (along with Reading and Woburn), definitely lower than the rates of its surrounding towns/cities (Stoneham - 578; Malden - 559; Saugus - 482; Wakefield - 441). Not as low as Winchester's rate of 166. As we all should know by now, Melrose is not Winchester.
Thank you to the person that was able to find that information and put it out here.

The practice of making the same post in two different strings is both foolish and VERY annoying!

Tim are you part of the ministration.You"re in for a rude awakening.All this is about understanding what;S GOING ON ...... NO LONGER PARTICIPATING.

Questions will never be answered.Becaues that might be being honest.It is just an opinion.Maybe it(s all about what happen before the meeting.

"Taxpayer Expense/Dad", what exactly is your point?

People Post
There have been ??? total cases of COVID-19 in Melrose.
Thanks for the question! As you can imagine, the situation and data changes quickly. Stay tuned for more updates.

Gail

Posting the same thing in multiple threads is annoying. Like a child In the backseat that won’t stop repeating the same thing over and over.

The economy is slowing, the market is in turmoil and heading for a "correction", and some pundits have predicted a slowdown so severe that it threatens recession.

Cat Cube
The economy is slowing, the market is in turmoil and heading for a "correction", and some pundits have predicted a slowdown so severe that it threatens recession.
Point of correction: we are already well into a recession. Thank God the override passed and we will be able to afford the quality schools this City deserves.

Gail

Is there enough time to get another override on the ballot in November, just in case the schools need more money?
Aren't all the old people going to get some extra money? They can't complain about not being able to afford it this time!

When you woke up this morning, if you're like me, you thought about your kids right off the bat. Where are they, are they safe, are they feeling loved, and what can I do to help them.
For my kids:
-They're at home.I shower them with love and kisses everyday
But what can I do to help them? As a parent, what can I do to ensure my child's success and safety in Melrose? What do they NEED from me?There's only one real answer.You all know who I mean.We all elected him in 2019 I'll admit, back then even I was still in the dark about his inner self. Just like all of you, I was dazzled by his newfound success in Melrose politics. I was under his spell.
Little did I know it was dark magic.
His charm.
His quick wit.These are his weapons. He preys on the weak, on the impressionable, and takes advantages of the innate human quality that is compassion. He had me fooled. He has all of you fooled.
It's time to wake up.Mayor is pretentious. He is arrogant. He has taken credit for the success of our great city. He has taken credit for what you all have done for our home. You made Melrose what it is. Do not let him trick you into thinking this was through his doing.Stop letting him fool you.It is up to us.

Fail Ingurna
Is there enough time to get another override on the ballot in November, just in case the schools need more money?
Aren't all the old people going to get some extra money? They can't complain about not being able to afford it this time!
Great suggestion! I’ll make sure we forward the idea to a committee to look at the Phase II Override this fall. I agree that now is the time!

BTW - I think you may have misspelled my name; also there is a message in another thread that you shouldn’t be posting with someone else’s name. Wouldn’t want you to get in trouble.

Gail

It was obviously a poor attempt at humor, not an attempt to pretend I was indeed "you" (but you knew that). And OF COURSE I was being facetious, we certainly can't afford another override, for anything, particularly for a school system in free fall!

Maybe the bigger question is recession going to us city and all us her in melrose and the businesses.

Grandparents
Maybe the bigger question is recession going to us city and all us her in melrose and the businesses.
Huh? You sound like a mid-80’s Keith Richards.

How about 1960.

People Post
Ted Kenney
Look again. Very important

Ask the MAYOR is done answering questions.

When is yard waste going to be on a regular schedule.I hope this is an easy question for are current mayor.

Straight Answer from the Mayor....Doubtful!!
When is the so-called Mayor ever going to give a straight-forward, honest answer to a question? Instead of the usual political avoid-an-answer-that makes-me-look-bad. So, the questions are: when are you going to get rid of Ruth Clay and the DPW chief? Without the usual skirting the issue language.....you have been in politics a long time Mayor, and your evasiveness shows it!!
The problem with thinking you know more than the experts.

Is what?

When is the so-called Mayor ever going to give a straight-forward, honest answer to a question?

1 2 3 4 5 6