Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Protests in Melrose

Melrosian
We have 239 confirmed cases in Melrose and who knows how many more not tested. I hope they wear masks on Sunday. I will not attend because of its will be a large group. I know this protest is important but should we be gathering in crowds. Speaking for myself I want to see my kids again soon ! Stay safe and wear your masks!

I should add I hope that this is successful and peaceful! Thank you for caring

There is a new rumor going around about holding a protest kin Melrose - has anyone heard this?

Yes this sunday...trying to turn melrose into cambridge so sad there have been enough protests already. But the Libs from our city who have moved here from all over want to be on TV thats all.You know idiots are going to show up and start trouble and ruin everything for the people who have lived here like me for 65 years so sad...nothing against protests but have you been watching.

Just thinking - many cops (while they are protecting protesters, non-protesters as well as business properties) and civilians have been killed after the death of George Floyd. How do these events move us forward in race relations?

Given that I could not find one person in all reports that I have read, nor newspaper articles I have read, not any TV cable news show seen, that said that the death of George Floyd was anything other than murder. And now we all know that all the police officers involved in his death will be tried for at least 2nd degree murder - the legal system will now be involved to convict these criminals.

But this may take a year or more to convict them - are we to expect that these nation-wide protests will continue on - with the potential to create more unrest and chaos by the radical and anarchist groups who only want to tear down the fabric of this country?

How many more lives need to be sacrificed on the altar of justice before enough blood is spilled to satisfy the lust of the few? Answer that question and then you will know when it's time to move on.

These "protests" are nothing more than group think mobs. I'll stand with the police and with those who prefer due process and the rule of law rather than these sheep.

"A mob is no less a mob simply because they are chanting your name."
- John Adams

"The tendency of liberals is to create bodies of men and women-of all classes-detached from tradition, alienated from religion, and susceptible to mass suggestion-mob rule. And a mob will be no less a mob if it is well fed, well clothed, well housed, and well disciplined."
- T. S. Eliot

There is a huge difference between protesters and troublemakers/looters. Are you lumping them all together?

Couldn't that be said of the protesters and the rhetoric used toward the police as well?