Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why mandate masks in schools?

80% of eligible Melrose residents are vaccinated.

Cases remain incredibly low.

Why are the schools mandating masks for all students, even vaccinated ones?

Mask mandates didn’t stop the pandemic.

Why are we continuing to protect those who don’t need the protection?

Re: Why mandate masks in schools?

The left want to bully the people that are waiting to get the shot for some reason. So now the left should not be on patrol with who is wearing a mask or who got the vaccine.

Parents should have the say in their children in regards to Mask. Instead of complaining we need to worry about the Representatives trying to pass that parents will MOT have the sayin their children with regards to the vaccine. This is going to include religion too!!

The Head of The Teachers Union is trying to make us want to send our kids back to the public schools. Glad for the info I can look into home school or pay for my kids schooling.

Recognizing kids can't get vaccines but that their symptoms are rarely "bad", it would seem we're all going to be told to mask up to protect those who have chosen not to get the vaccine.

I resent being forced to mask up to protect people who could protect themselves but have chosen not to.

I think, if you polled the unvaccinated, they would agree with my assessment. Vaccinated people don't want to mask up. Unvaccinated people don't want to mask up. Hospitalizations are low.

All have assessed their risks. Time to get over this. We owe Dr. Fauci and the CDC a great deal of gratitude, but the power seems to be going to their heads.

The number one person in the United States that we need to give a huge "Thank You" to is President Trump. This president did so much for us to get this vaccine. Some people can not get the vaccine so we should not be pointing fingers at people that did not get vaccinated.

Thank You, for all you did to keep us safe.

We still have Freedom of speech!!!

Respectfully disagree John. The carrots aren’t, working with the unvaccinated - time for the stick. Can’t make them get it but I have no problem with making life less convenient for them, as they are doing with mine.

Voted Trump twice - and he gets too little credit for vaccine - but wholly support federal/state/municipal (and any private workplace as well) “jab or test” mandates.

I voted for this liar in the WH he will say "oh we made a mistake" with CRT.

The results are saying the cloth mask do not work and parents should have the say in what their children wear on their face this has many problems.This is why parents will home school and the schools are holding this vote so we will not have time to pull our children out of school.

To quote Vincent Gambini: "Yeah, everything that guy (MYOB) just said is ********! Thank you."

I find it VERY disturbing (yet typical) that "some people" are working harder to keep masks out of our schools than they ever did (or will) to keep guns out of them!

Geezer, you are so absolutely right on! Thank you!

These nutjobs who are so over-the-top crazed about having to wear a mask but still think it's fine that children have to do practice drills about shooters with automatic weapons are why so much of the world now think so poorly about Americans, who seem like the most selfish, and also violent population on the planet now. They are a total embarrassment, and worse, they are actually responsible for the devastating illness and deaths of many.

The majority of unvaccinated people are People of Color in Democrat run cities,because Kamala Harris told the entire nation on national news not to trust the vaccine. Fact check that.

Oh,that was BEFORE she told immigrants "Don't Come Here", remember like Trump tried to do??

Other than simply continued blather, your point is?

My point is this......................

Soxboy is upset that he has to wear a mask......
His exact words- "I resent being forced to mask up to protect people who could protect themselves but have chosen not to."

The reason he said need to wear a mask is because of those people chose not get the vax. Which is mostly black people, but no one has the balls to say it.

Ahhhhhhh, now I understand (I think). You're not against mask mandates (thank heavens, I thought that you might be one of "those" who absurdly are), but simply making a point, however possibly far-fetched, to "Soxboy.
I will then retract my "blather" comment, for now!

Geezer, I am (proudly) one of those "absurd" people who are against mask mandates, but understand that right now they may be necessary in NARROW situations, such as schools until the kids can get the jab. I stand by my point which is that those who have done the right thing shouldn't be burdened to protect those who won't. Those who choose to wear masks are, of course, entitled to and I understand and urge them to do so.

I do favor vaccine mandates issued by government and private employers. If your employer tells you to get the jab, your "right" is not to choose between the vaccine and not the vaccine, it is to comply with the order or not work there. Personally, I would make it a requirement to receive any state, local, or federal entitlement, but realize that's probably not going to fly.

That said, I have no interest in whether the non-vaxxed be black, white, or plaid. Race is irrelevant to the fact those who won't get vaxxed are holding the nation back with their **** poor risk assessment skills.

Soxboy,
I hereby exempt you from the "absurd" category, because there is little, if anything, with which I can disagree in your post.
Thanks for responding!
(I'm still gonna to put out my "Welc--- , Wait, Are You Vaccinated" doormat when it finally arrives!!)

Because I work in healthcare, I was included in the first round of Moderna vaccine, and I was vaccinated back in early January BEFORE the inauguration.

Then of course, China Joe came along and took credit for the entire vaccine rollout, and no-one in the media even tried to correct him or Raggety Ann.

However I do believe that getting vaccinated should be a personal choice, and masks are NOT meant to be worn for days and days. They are disposable for a reason. They are meant to be worn for a short time , like for a medical prcedure or dental visit and then removed and disposed of. I think the filthy things used by the untrained just get people sicker.

Back to my point again , the media will have you beleive that a certian demographic that believes in personal freedoms are the un-vaccinated, but it's not the case. I personnally worked at several vaccine clinics in Malden and Melrose.The ones at Memorial Hall, in fact I may have vaccinated you.

Guess who I didn't see there?

Guess who statistacally are the most unvaccinated dempographic?

Soxboy, I respect your opinion, though I don't agree with it, but if you wanted to start locking people out of their jobs and firing them for being unvaccinated?

You want to fire people that showed up for work EVERY DAY all year? Kept the T going, kept the stores open, patrolled our streets at night?

If you thought needing an ID to vote was racist your plan is a total S**T show.

Wellnow..., I believe in personal freedom up to the point where those freedoms jeopardize mine. Right now they are as I'm increasingly being forced to wear masks in restaurants, bars, the Garden, etc. People are not "free" to drink and drive, they are not "free" to riot (left and right), and they are not "free" to spread communicable diseases such as measles. While it hasn't happened in close to 50 years, people are not "free" to evade a draft

I don't advocate forcing people to be vaccinated, but the time has come to stiffen refusal's negative consequences. Cigarette, liquor, and (now) cannabis are heavily taxed because they impart a cost to society. Having to pay those taxes, which I do in the case of liquor, are a negative "consequence" of my/user's free will decisions to partake. As I said, I/they have options. If a business should choose to compel vaccinations, that is the owners' freedom. If governments should do the same, which I argue they should, then the non-vaccinated have the option of finding alternative employment. I am steadfast in that belief.

I don't relish advocating negative consequences for anyone's freely made decisions. This probably wouldn't even be necessary had the non-vaccinated as a whole kept up their end of the deal by continuing to mask up. But while I'm sure you'll have an example or two of those who did, the vast majority did not. Rather, they've (mostly) selfishly tried to "freeload" off those willing to accept the vaccines' slight negative health risks in exchange for greater personal and societal gains.

BTW, thank you for your healthcare service.

Not Trump
80% of eligible Melrose residents are vaccinated.

Cases remain incredibly low.

Why are the schools mandating masks for all students, even vaccinated ones?

Mask mandates didn’t stop the pandemic.

Why are we continuing to protect those who don’t need the protection?
Everyone acts like everything is great because property values are high. But what if they weren't? And we're just one collapse away from that again. Today date is September 7 2021
coronavirus is a “serious threat to the people of Massachusetts, COVID-19 DELTA Variant still most concernig.