Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mayoral Race

Someone explain how it is bigoted to believe there are two genders when we all learned this in elementary school. I agree with sos. It seems that it is fashionable to some at least to have a transgender child.

This mayoral race is between 3 Woman.

This board has been largely silent for some time. All have been very quiet moms and dads people.

What does the gender issue have to do with the Mayoral election??

Willie
What does the gender issue have to do with the Mayoral election??
Precisely.

Gender issues have zero relevance. They are just bait for the trolls who have nothing better to do than worry about what's under the covers, as it were, as if it's any of their business. Leave kids alone, for gawdsake. They have enough trouble growing up in a community that has let them down so dreadfully with a school system run by creeps like those currently in charge, starting with that black hole of a school committee.

I came here to talk about the proposed police station but want to address the gender issue. I don’t care what someone wants to pretend to be but voting in politicians who think liberal delusions are top priority is dangerous.

As for the proposed new police station, I’m not in favor of that location. Is there really enough room for personal and dept cars? They say a centralized location is not needed because police patrol. How often do any of you see police on patrol? Unless it’s Main st the only time I see a police car in neighborhoods is on a call. I’ve had a ring camera for an over two years that I check every night. It only goes off 1 or 2 times all night when a car goes by. Sometimes it captures a coyote or fox which is the reason I check. I don’t live far from Main St but not once since installation has it caught a police car patrolling.

One cannot be surprised by the Mayoral result, since there was never a clear (if any!) disassociation from "the indicted one"!

Yes. An utter tragedy that Monica supported a candidate who gave up his life because he cares about his country. Indictments would not be going on if he was not running again. Plenty of evidence of a stolen election. Those of you with eyes wide shut have no business condemning people who don’t. You’ve been fooled. If you thought Monica could do a great job as mayor but didn’t vote for her because she didn’t condemn “the indicted one” then simply put, you’re pathetic.

Amazing that you could squeeze so much hogwash into a single post!

First order of business for the ultra left wing Melrose government will be changing the name of ninth grade students from freshmen to freshpeople.
Suck on that one Melrose.

Brilliant Holmes! Thanks for the idea!

A new police station will be built but they didn’t care enough to have a former long-time police chief overseeing it. Too conservative for new Cambridge I guess. Conservatives are no longer represented in Melrose.

With that thought I also don’t agree with the location of the new station. Is that really a two acre lot. Does not look like it. Besides that a more central location makes sense. Why not rebuild at the current sight? Or the Bebee school?

Hear ye, hear ye
First order of business for the ultra left wing Melrose government will be changing the name of ninth grade students from freshmen to freshpeople.
Suck on that one Melrose.
Peculiar that the freshmen controversy hasn’t come up before. If alderman is offensive, then certainly freshman must be too. Thanks for bringing attention to that. Much more offensive than a feather on an M. My child will be a freshman some day. I would be offended if they didn’t change it now. But I do think freshkids would be a better word. They tend to be very fresh around that age. Can we also change upperclassman to upperclasspeople. Or would actual upper class people be offended? How about woman to womban. Makes sense. They do have wombs after all.

Sounds ridiculous doesn’t it.
If something’s offensive, everything’s offensive.