Melrose Messages

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Business
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"NO LOYALTY AT STEARNS AND HILL'S BISTRO" in Melrose, Ma

After visiting the restaurant this evening, I was quietly informed that a server who has been with Stearns for 15+ years was let go because of a customer complaint. Anyone who deals with the public, myself included, knows this business involves continuous complaining. Perhaps management and ownership need to look within their own ranks before not supporting a loyal staff member who has helped build their business. However, just the opposite seems to have happened. A long standing, friendly face, excellent server, who my family and I look forward to seeing, is no longer employed. Anyone who has been at Stearns and Hill's over the past year or two has noticed a significant decline in quality service. Where have all the excellent, loyal, long standing staff gone? We won't be back and hope anyone reading this post thinks twice before dining at this restaurant! Owners and managers shame on you!!!

Re: "NO LOYALTY AT STEARNS AND HILL'S BISTRO" in Melrose, Ma

I worked for Stearns and Hill. AWFUL! I'd rather be homeless than work for that dump again. Food quality is not the best. They treat the staff like garbage. They charge for ice, monitor how much sour cream you give out. All they care about is the bottom dollar. AWFUL

Thats the service industry for you. what Melrose needs is a good local pub.

Agree with you resident. How about a nice local pub for the locals?

A local pub would be great. A nice spot to grab a burger. Maybe one can go into the old AbFab now that they have been evicted?!

You think Sterns and Hills is bad try working for Turners and their "privileged" clientele who call their friends the Turners personally to say you didn't bring their rolls in a timely fashion. Rolls which employees are no longer allowed to eat because they cost 26 cents apiece which must have been breaking the Turners bank. So on busy days employees must deal with working 8 hours without being able to eat.

You think Sterns and Hills is bad try working for Turners and their privileged clientele who call their friends the Turners personally to say you didn't bring their rolls in a timely fashion. Rolls which employees are no longer allowed to eat because they cost 26 cents apiece which must have been breaking the Turners bank. So on busy days employees must deal with working 8 hours without being able to eat.

Was that Arthur Hitchman I saw working behind the bar at Stearns on father's day weekend?

I just left wholefoods in Melrose it suck$ now that it was bought by a new company. Never work in that wholefoods again!

Why? They make you work?

Staff do not make a lot in this business. Most of the time they rely on tips. I had pizza in Stearns and Hill's it was the worst.

That is not allowed. You can not eat for 8hours when you work for Turner's? They should have a pre meal for the employees. Also, more consistent with the to go orders.

We eat occasionally at the Bistro and always find its find good and reasonably priced! Love their Shepard's Pie! Also, the service is always fast and efficient.

Turners must be cheap. Majority of the time no silverware in the to go bag. So,forced to eat with your hands.

to go orders
Turners must be cheap. Majority of the time no silverware in the to go bag. So,forced to eat with your hands.

Where do you eat? On a park bench? You don't have silverware at home?

You are making fun of Hobo's that is called being a bully. You need too get your vision checked, I said To Go Order. CHEAP TURNERS.

Ok, now you have bread no butter and no utensils to put the butter on. Turners, is not consistent is the problem.

When I worked in Turners they told us to only give if the customer ask.

Looks like Stearns and Hill Bistro cleaned house. Last week a sign looking for all positions.