Melrose Messages

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Business
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does this idea stand a chance?

What do you think about a retro gaming parlor in Melrose?

I have in my possession functioning games ( arcade size ) of Original Pac Man, Centepede, Galaxia, Donkey Kong and others…I have Goonies and Back to the Future Pinballl Machines. I also have 2 Air Hockey Tables that are practically brand new. Everything is clean and in great working condition. I am thinking a complete 80s theme of decor and style. Should I push this? I even have a Devo hat I could wear while making change or selling tokens. Thanks!

Re: Does this idea stand a chance?

yes awsome, we also need a good dinner or burgerjoint /pub

That's a toughie. Sounds sorta fun, but my gut feeling is that it might be something you'd only go to once or twice, for "old times` sake". Doubt that today`s kids would get 'hooked on' the games.

It worked for these guys. Good beer and STILL only a quarter to play a game.

http://bit.bar/

resident
yes awesome, we also need a good dinner or burgerjoint /pub

I bet you're right, I could see a pub/bar going in at 530 Main Street once completed.

I think that is a good idea to have in Caruso's. That place is a eye sore.

Gambling with the current membership of the BOA and SC is as much gambling as I want in Melrose!

Tried Ernie's for breakfast and it has changed from a year ago bacon was bad. Not sure if the eggs are without the hormones.

Ernie's is better than ever. Great prices and great food and friendly service. Its as authentic a diner feel as you will get around here. You are missing out if you haven't been.

It is much more affordable then the place on the corner.

The bacon does $uck though

trying to figure out,how to screw up bacon? Back from the real days the only complaint was if Earnies ashes from his endless cigarette was going to fall on the grill.The food was always great.

Try to park in downtown Melrose.

pete
trying to figure out,how to screw up bacon? Back from the real days the only complaint was if Earnies ashes from his endless cigarette was going to fall on the grill.The food was always great.
low grade bacon.