Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snow days

I am glad that Melrose starts school before Labor Day. Now we have a lot of room to make up days until Jume 30 th. There are a lot of schools who will have to make up on Saturdays or give up holidays.

Re: Snow days

Yes, but really what worries is going to get dine in June 22nd anyway? I wish they had cancelled good Friday off instead of extending the school year an extra day on a Monday in late June,

No snow days for the paras who at one time had as many that came that year. Now we have no snow days. How many do the teacher's receive?

Trish
No snow days for the paras who at one time had as many that came that year. Now we have no snow days. How many do the teacher's receive?

Teachers don't receive any snow days. Every day missed is added to the end of the year... The 180/185 days in the schedule is really just there to show parents when school might end if there were 5 snow days.

Edward Snowed-in
Trish

Teachers don't receive any snow days. Every day missed is added to the end of the year... The 180/185 days in the schedule is really just there to show parents when school might end if there were 5 snow days.

I really wish our teachers and paras would worry more about how best to educate our kids than worry about getting snow days!

Wish parents would start acting like parents and show respect to the teachers. This is why the kids are so disrespectful because the kids are correct and teachers are not teaching well. And a day off is the best for everyone you don't work in the schools.

I would say that the teachers are doing a pretty good job. You have obviously partially mastered English as a second language.

Other cities and towns are sending a packet home for when a snow day comes the children have to do that packet. No more making up at the end of the year for snow days. Hope this happens in our city soon along with no homework. Parents are complaining its to much with the activities kids have after school.

So, it's the PARENTS who are complaining?
Isn't it the main purpose of the schools to educate? I understand that activities do serve an important purpose, but if something had to be curtailed (for the students` sake) it would seem it should be the activities.