Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hottest zip code in America

Something to make us all happy!

http://www.realtor.com/news/trends/top-10-hottest-zip-codes-in-america/

The Hottest of the Hot: What Are the Top 10 ZIP Codes in America?

1. 02176 – Melrose, MA

Welcome to the hottest ZIP code in the U.S.! Close to both Boston and Cambridge, Melrose has become a magnet for young professionals and families due to its relative affordability, access to public transportation, and attractive downtown area. The median income for households headed by 25- to 34-year-olds is $88,000—67% higher than for the average millennial in the U.S.

Re: Hottest zip code in America

Apparently, Realtor.com nor recent buyers are aware of the repeated cover-ups of Federal Civil Rights investigation of the School administration, repeated violations of Public Records Laws by the school committee chair, superintendent of schools and city solicitor, and also repeated Open Meeting Laws Violations by the school committee chair, all in an effort to cover up these investigations and the resulting massive cost of legal defense and settlement costs. Apparently, Kristen Thorpe, Cyndy Taymore and Rob Van Campen are quite comfortable spending city taxpayer funds to defend themselves.

If you don't like what you see here, either run for office or sell now while you make a profit. ******** about the schools, aldermen or City Hall in general is toothless unless you are taking some sort of action.

Hello Melrosians, to all of you who are new to the community. Let's get something straight about this, this isn't something to do with the zip code. It's about where Melrose is located. Now that I have said that, there is no sense in picking on the real estate agents. They are hired by the home owners, to sell there house no matter what. All of what you have said is true on this forum, but none of you have talked about; did these people buy their houses here because they want there children to go to the Melrose Public School systems. Not one of you out there can answer that question. Let me tell you a story. I came to Melrose because of the School systems, my children have all graduated from Melrose High. I am proud of the education that they got. Is it perfect, no. Is the school committee perfect, no. Is the superintendent perfect, no. Even with the mayor sitting on the school committee, he can not make it perfect. Maybe the one thing that all of you should be talking about is about the location to Boston and anywhere else that you'd like to go. Maybe some of you should think about what you are saying at this moment, blaming the real estate agents, blaming the politicians, doesn't solve the problem. There's many reasons that folks have come to melrose, and have left melrose. We all have an opinion on this, maybe our real estate agent should be talking about this upcoming override, that will happen in November. What they tell the clients is there business, not yours. Yes with the Federal investigation, open law complaints, public records requests on all the other stuff that is happening you all have nice opinions and I respect that. But how about you all get involved in what is going on in the community. You don't have to run for public office, there's a lot of things you can do, you know it and we all know it. But that's my opinion for what I have read so far. Why don't we talk about the drug issue here in Melrose. Why don't we take time to talk about what else is important in Melrose. It's not about the zip code folks, it's about people and families that are settling down in Melrose and this is about people who are leaving Melrose and family to live where they can afford to live. But of course none of you have thought about that I bet. So let me leave you with this thought, you're entitled to your own opinion. But when you tell other people to get involved, you should get off your lazy butt, and do something. If you're going to call other people out, you definitely have not looked at yourself in a mirror, you live in a glass house. You may not like what i just said, but I'm sorry. The truth speaks for itsself. If you never got involved publicly with anything, it's not an easy road. For those of you who disagree with me, please bring it on. I'm very interested in your concerns and thoughts, you know nothing about me. I've done a lot more then you think, without looking for any credit. You may think that I'm being harsh, but I do have respect for all of you. It's easy for any one of us to say whatever we want, we don't know who the person is. But the one thing I will say about the message board, people try to have respect for one another and do a good job at it. So in my closing, for all those bloggers who disagree with me, bring it on. Enjoy the rest of the summer, it is hot tonight, and I'm sure nobody is looking at their computers tonight. take care.

Yikes.

http://www.nationalurbanmedia.com/FORBESCOM-RATES-PITTSBURGH-NO-1-MOST-LIVABLE-CITY/

Maybe we can have a tv show made about us called:

Melrose Mass 02176