Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Linguist

WICKED: the LOCAL superintendent, the LOCAL mayor, and the LOCAL school committee.

Re: Linguist

You forgot the "WICKED BAD" BOA GIC Thieves! Those LOCAL BOA members who take from their fellow taxpayers and the rest of the BOA who allow it to continue. The Health Insurance given to the BOA members was rescinded once before when there was some leadership and courage to take it away because it wasn't right. Throw the bums out!

No surprise they conspire to place image ahead of civil rights. They put image ahead of academics. They put image ahead of SPED.

They're inept at fixing the schools. All they do is spin every issue to make ir sound wonderful. Give them their due: they have no communication problem. They communicate exactly what and as they intend. They're masters with PR to manipulate parents and beyond so they don't have to do any hard work.

Read the press release from last week. They use the right words, but it rings completely hollow. They only work to get what benefits them from the schools: the mayor, the superintendent and all their sidekicks stay in the big money, while the school committee shills all bask in their social circles and social media.

I will NOT vote for an override! I still cannot believe the BOA receive health insurance. This is just not right. Put all of this money towards the school dept! If they get insurance then the school traffic employees should have theirs reinstated! What about ALL the other part time employees in the city. Who voted to give them the benefits anyway?

No one voted to give them GIC health insurance - Mayor Dolan bestowed it upon them - here is a dirty secret - certain BOA members got this from him just prior to them voting for the Mayor's increase in his salary from $100k to $125k- see of you can connect the dots! Welcome to Melrose politics! Also, don't be surprised if he gets another $25k in a few years.

Melrose Spin Machine
They're inept at fixing the schools. All they do is spin every issue to make ir sound wonderful. Give them their due: they have no communication problem. They communicate exactly what and as they intend. They're masters with PR to manipulate parents and beyond so they don't have to do any hard work.
Every year they have a fresh crop of bright-eyed, bushy-tailed Birth to 5 parents who are perfectly happy to inhale the smoke and be dazzled by all the mirrors. I was one once but by the time my oldest reached fourth grade, I learned the truth (some of it, anyway)

MFD
No one voted to give them GIC health insurance - Mayor Dolan bestowed it upon them - here is a dirty secret - certain BOA members got this from him just prior to them voting for the Mayor's increase in his salary from $100k to $125k- see of you can connect the dots! Welcome to Melrose politics! Also, don't be surprised if he gets another $25k in a few years.

Myron, are you still defending your buddy, Peter Mortimer?

Nope!