Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Discriminatory National Honor Society 8:30 a.m. Induction Ceremony

from another string: "Anybody else count all the ways of Wrong for that latest picture of the National Honor Society induction that is now on the high school website? Why didn't they just "induct" the whole school, for starters?"

Most importantly, from my family's view, is that Taymore/Farrell scheduled this ceremony for 8:30 in the morning. Only the privileged elite/stay-at-homes could attend without having to give up work time or other essential obligations. It's obvious already from the federal civil rights investigations findings that the administration couldn't care less about the METCO students. Scheduling this Induction Ceremony at 8:30 in the morning is just a brazen slap in the face of these same METCO families who have already been so abused. The message is: They should all "just go back to the plantation" because Melrose really doesn't want them or need them here. The other message is the administration giving the proverbial finger to any who challenge them.
We Are Melrose indeed!

Re: Discriminatory National Honor Society 8:30 a.m. Induction Ceremony

There really is no excuse for any of this. It's just not that hard to do things conscientiously. Mistakes might still get made just by virtue of the complications that occur in any school system. But the kinds of things going so wrong now are really not excusable. It isn't rocket science to schedule a ceremony honoring students chosen for the National Honor Society at a time that their families can attend. You wouldn't schedule a football game at 8:30 in the morning during a school day for obvious reasons. But then these administrators really have a hard time doing anything right it seems.

Now we hear that some sort of memorial service is being planned for the English teacher who passed away, during school. Sorry but that just isn't appropriate, no matter how beloved he was/is. The school is not a funeral home or place of worship. This is the kind of thing that should be held off school property and not on school time. Allowing the drama queens to make this into a maudlin grief fest detracts from the real sorrow that allows people to process their grief in a dignified way and one that doesn't set the stage for vulnerable teens to go off the deep end themselves.

Once again, these overpaid and incompetent administrators are missing even basic common sense.

My husband and I are very much opposed to the school holding any kind of ersatz memorial service, despite our sorrow over the loss of a teacher who made an undeniably positive impact for many students. It is inappropriate for the schools to function in this way. Even if it's called a Celebration, this is the kind of activity that should be reserved for the family of the teacher, and only the family. That the family wanted only a private handling, it is really quite outrageous that the school would be bypassing that solemn wish, especially since it is an inappropriate venue regardless of the family's wishes. Thanks to whomever posted because we will be making our views known to the administration.

The kids need this. Think about it. They need this. I do not agree with a lot but I agree with this. Think about it

This isn't about meeting the needs of the kids. This is about the misguided plans of adults who have no common sense.

I honestly see no reason why this would be considered upsetting to parents. In fact it is upsetting that parents would have an issue with an event to help kids and teachers come to grips with this tragic event and to honor his contribution to the school and kids.

I have 2 children at the HS and neither has been informed of any service. Neither have I. I agree, the students need closure and assistance, but wouldn't the best way to handle this have been to offer assistance 2 weeks ago when this first happened? The students feelings were completely pushed aside while the school got their act together and then made the staff their priority. I give MHS two huge thumbs down for their inability to handle something so serious so poorly and with such little regard for the emotional needs of their students.

"The students feelings were completely pushed aside while the school got their act together and then made the staff their priority."

Absolutely, this is exactly what happened.

Really Confused
I have 2 children at the HS and neither has been informed of any service. Neither have I. I agree, the students need closure and assistance, but wouldn't the best way to handle this have been to offer assistance 2 weeks ago when this first happened? The students feelings were completely pushed aside while the school got their act together and then made the staff their priority. I give MHS two huge thumbs down for their inability to handle something so serious so poorly and with such little regard for the emotional needs of their students.

According to stories in the Free Press and the Patch, they did:

“It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that Mr. Greg Moss, English teacher at Melrose High School, passed away unexpectedly last evening,” the message read. “We will be providing counselors to support staff and students during the day ... We will be working to support each child as he or she needs.”

Curious as to what you mean about the students' feelings being pushed aside?

As for the service today (voluntary for students and staff by the way), perhaps the students wanted it?

Honk, Honk, Honk. The bozo brigade is in full swing this week. Finding fault with students entrance in to the National Honor Society and a voluntary service during a free period for students and staff to reflect on the life and passing of a very well liked teacher at the school. Gee, there are too many students with stellar grade point averages and a multitude of student activities and volunteer hours...lets b*tch and moan and cry foul. What a pack of mewling whiners and weasels. And while we are at it, lets direct he post to the despicable act of giving the kids, on a voluntary basis...along with the teachers...the opportunity to reflect on the passing of a teacher. Oh the shame. The ignorance of you morons is incredible. Do yourselves a favor, put on the big rubber feet and waddle on down to the next early A.M. honor society meeting and tell the kids there what you think of their entrance in the NHS and the opportunity they had to reflect on the life of their teacher. I'm betting a few of them will pull your suspenders and rubber pants up over your head and kick you in the @ss. Pathetic clowns...each and every one of you.

This site needs a "like" button for posts like the one just before this one.

LIKED!

Uh-oh. Someone left the cage door open again.

My daughter was inducted into NHS. I couldn't go because the ceremony was at 8:30. If you can't figure out why that might not sit well with me, I don't know what else to say to you, except that you're an idiot.

Clown Patrol
Honk, Honk, Honk. The bozo brigade is in full swing this week. Finding fault with students entrance in to the National Honor Society and a voluntary service during a free period for students and staff to reflect on the life and passing of a very well liked teacher at the school. Gee, there are too many students with stellar grade point averages and a multitude of student activities and volunteer hours...lets b*tch and moan and cry foul. What a pack of mewling whiners and weasels. And while we are at it, lets direct he post to the despicable act of giving the kids, on a voluntary basis...along with the teachers...the opportunity to reflect on the passing of a teacher. Oh the shame. The ignorance of you morons is incredible. Do yourselves a favor, put on the big rubber feet and waddle on down to the next early A.M. honor society meeting and tell the kids there what you think of their entrance in the NHS and the opportunity they had to reflect on the life of their teacher. I'm betting a few of them will pull your suspenders and rubber pants up over your head and kick you in the @ss. Pathetic clowns...each and every one of you.

Whatever you say Linda O.

The only clown here is you bozo!

That's it? That's all you got? You get totally outed as an insensitive idiot, and that's your comeback? Hope you don't have kids, cause it would suck to be them.

The kinds of responses at the end just prove that literally no one cares a bit that the way this was scheduled was not just insensitive but also just further alienates METCO families and was done without a thought for working parents. When will our school system again have any administrators who are decent? Right now it's hard to think of even a single one who is qualified, mature, and possesses the kinds of values Melrose can only reminisce about now. This current batch across the board from department chairs through principals and all the way through the superintendents and their assistants need to be replaced, IMHO. They share common strands of lack of experience (but lots of arrogance and pretentiousness to compensate), lack of in-depth content knowledge (but lots of huff and puff with jargon), and eagerness to be politicians (sickening and obvious) rather than educators with integrity and concern first and foremost for the students. It's just so broken. No wonder there are so many serious lawsuits. But then when you have horrible people like "Clown P" chiming in all the time with such ugliness, it doesn't say much good about what the community has allowed and fostered in the environment.

The Bozo Brigade Playbook:

1) Attack anything and everything including students and memorial services
2) Counter any positive news about MPS with negative lies & BS
3) Fill the page with barely coherent garbage that is painful to read
4) Accuse your critics of "Ugliness"

Sorry bozo, You criticized children and a memorial service for a teacher in an attempt to further your anti-Melrose agenda...The ugliness is yours. Honk, Honk, Honk.

I can't believe the callousness of the original poster towards those families who work in the evening or who have children with evening activities. It would be discriminatory to those families who work at night if the event wasn't held in the morning.

CKK held all of her open budget planning meetings at 9am on weekdays. Where was the outrage on this board about the inability to participate in those meetings?

It really isn't difficult to understand this poster's real agenda. For example, he/she says some posters criticized children. I re-read every post, and I didn't find even one instance where children were criticized. The criticism I saw was directed solely at the administration for 1. Scheduling the NHS ceremony at 8:30 in the morning, and 2. for having a memorial service at school for a teacher who passed away unexpectedly.

I don't have a big problem with the memorial service, even though it appears to have gone against the express wishes of the family. Scheduling the NHS ceremony at 8:30, though, is another story. Apparently 8:30AM was more convenient for the administration, since they didn't have to show up for an event after school hours. Unfortunately, for working parents, it appears that their interests were ignored.

Given the revelations recently about the totally unacceptable conduct of the administration, it seems clear to me that they will, and have, stooped to the lowest possible level in their attempts to deflect attention away from their behavior, and Mr or Ms Clown Patrol, whatever he/she is, is simply part of that strategy.

Here's a news flash for you, Clown Patrol. You're fooling no one. Even the ever-offensive VuVu seems to have realized that he/she was fighting a losing battle. The cat's out of the bag, and no amount of deflection or obfuscation is going to succeed in putting it back in. All you're doing is making a bad situation worse with your petty and childish comments. You are the poster boy for everything that's wrong with the current administration. I'm just waiting now for you to tell me to go back to the plantation.

Anti-Melrose agenda? If by that you mean willing to speak out about the reprehensible actions and conduct of this disgusting administration, you're confused. Standing up and stopping this awful situation seems more pro-Melrose to me. Of course, we're going to hear more of this "haters" and "anti-Melrose" garbage first. We'll just have to wade through it until all these disgusting creatures have been disposed of.

ClownP is Vuvu, as the attack at CKK (so obvious) about those budget meetings reveals once again. Clown/Vuvu has the exact same illiterate and venomous writing style and obviously couldn't resist finding a way to slam her favorite hate-object, CKK. And oh, by the way, those budget working meetings in the morning were the brainchild of the administration. So slam away all you want, Clown. It's no mystery that you wouldn't find objectionable all the other morning meetings that Thorp, Driscoll, Dugan, Casatelli have all the time (secret, of course) with Taymore. (Sure Gail, we know you had your panties in a big knot over those CKK meetings--any excuse to slam her, after all--but couldn't care less that your buddies do this all the time.) Clown/Vuv has always been vicious like this, so it's no surprise that she couldn't resist this opportunity to bare her teeth once again.

Quote from first post on this string attacking students. No mention of time of ceremony in this statement:

"Anybody else count all the ways of Wrong for that latest picture of the National Honor Society induction that is now on the high school website? Why didn't they just "induct" the whole school, for starters?"

The Bozo's even try to lie when the truth is staring them in the face. The only fools here fooling anyone is the bozo brigade fooling themselves. Liars, weasels one and all. Honk, Honk, Honk.

"Why didn't they just "induct" the whole school, for starters?"

They? Quite clearly a knock on the administration, not the students. WTF is the matter with you?

Yup. Clown Patrol has a terrible problem with facts, preferring instead to resort to this garbage. Sounds a lot like the Mayor, doesn't it? [:|]

Yes it sure does

To the Melrose Haters trying to defend themselves after criticizing kids:

As you look at the picture in the paper, which students would you have denied entrance to? It's not a knock on the admin. It's a statement that some of the kids are unworthy. Clown Patrol is right. You are liars and weasels.

Pretty Sad, Clown Patrol
Of course, we're going to hear more of this "haters" and "anti-Melrose" garbage first. We'll just have to wade through it until all these disgusting creatures have been disposed of.

Really?
To the Melrose Haters trying to defend themselves after criticizing kids:
Clown Patrol is right. You are liars and weasels.

Enough said.

Calling anyone melrose haters just because they disagree with the "Gimme More Dough" mayor and administration is so propaganda spin. Been done and anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows what you are doing Vuvu/Clown Patrol/tool of Dolan. You mischaracterize and incorrectly re-cast what is said and use the term Melrose haters because people are trying to save Melrose from the clutches of this administration. Reality: this SC led by the Mayor has caused a huge rift in this town, turning neighbors against each other; given it a reputation for racism across the state; hurt hundreds if not thousands of kids in the schools (especially the HS) with its utter lack of attention to the students and instead focusing on lining their own personal pockets with undeserved salary increases and bribes of health insurance; now asking for MORE money with this override to hide their spendthrift ways; driving away good teachers, creating a toxic environment for teachers who stay and on and on. Those are just the things I can think of off the top. When you name call, at least be accurate. We are the Dolan Administration Haters and the Take Back Melrose Alliance.

You, Vuvu/Clown Patrol/tools of Dolan and friends, are the ones who are trying to destroy Melrose. If you want to name call, YOU are the Melrose Destroyers.

The Bozo Brigade are legends in their own minds. "The Take Back Melrose Alliance" That's rich. How have you gone about doing that? No Mayoral candidate for the 3rd term in a row. No new voices on the school committee or BOA. No, just anonymous attacks against kids getting into the National Honor Society. Too many kids finding success at Melrose High for the anti Melrose agenda. At least the "Dolan Hater" is honest and getting at the root of the Clown mentality on this board. Neighbors against neighbors? Really? Where? There are only about six of you bozo's on this site...you clowns fighting with your neighbors who like living here? Honking your noses at them in anger, hitting them with the water out of the flower trick and squirting them in the eye? giving them the old buzzer hand shake? This maybe be the funniest bozo post ever. A house doesn't stay on the market for 2 days in Melrose right now. Parents are killing themselves overpaying on houses to get their kids in the Melrose Public Schools. Hottest zip code in America baby. Boo Yah. You are a bunch of delusional lunatics, and as you so eloquently stated...are driven by your hate for Dolan, nothing more, nothing less.

More of the same old same old. Apparently here's at least one computer at City Hall that does not block Melrose Messages.

You sound a little desperate, Clown. You should.

Only reason Dolan doesn't get opposition is because he got the charter changed so that anyone who is competent has to be independently wealthy or willing to give up any job, even part time jobs, to be mayor. Dolan has sucked this town dry. He also can't be recalled bc he got rid of that provision.

As for rifts, don't you think racism causes rifts in this town? Do you think everyone in this town is like you? Thank goodness they are not. How blind are you. Are you so crazy that you have no hold on reality at all? That bs about number 1 zip because parents love the Melrose schools is absolutely delusional. Think those realtors are telling buyers the truth about the school or telling them about the racism findings. Go ahead and believe your own bs while you slither back under that rock you live under. Those are new parents being courted by the MEF moms who buy the propaganda. See the post by the new resident who started getting bullied by the MEF crowd when she started to ask questions about the schools instead of being a lemming. You clown patrol do not speak for all. That is a huge rift. People who encourage racist behavior, do nothing to acknowledge or change it are not and should not be part of the government in Melrose.

As for saying no one is going to do anything to stop you, think again. The worst thing that can happen to the likes of you is a little sunshine by the media and investigations by people outside of Melrose. You are an embarrassment to the decent people of Melrose.

Can you imagine how much time Clown Patrol spends trying to think up clown-related insults for his posts? Every time I read one of his inane posts, I can only imagine someone holed up somewhere on a computer googling "clowns" so he can keep the insults coming. Oh, how I wish I had the time to think about such things...