Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coalition Meeting

Melrose Messages Friends:

I have set up the first coalition meeting to begin our fight to bring back Melrose. The meeting is to be held at Friendly's in Stoneham Friday at noon. I have reserved the first booth on the left. If 5 of us actually exist the manager said we could pull a chair over. We have been offered a free appetizer for each member that wears their clown suit, so make sure you put on your best make-up and parade outfit. He asked us not to honk our noses to loudly as their will be other people eating at the restaurant, and to leave our big rubber feet at home so we won't trip any of the senior citizens there for the lunch special. He said he would play the Bozo the Clown theme song to make us feel more at home. We can all talk about how intelligent we are beating up that rich lady on the east side...boy we sure an effective group. I hear we have convinced her not to paint her house and let her lawn grow out of control or maybe even move to a sh*tbox like we live in. What does she know about education. Can't wait. Honk, Honk.

Re: Coalition Meeting

Sorry - but that is too small a venue to hold this meeting. I am checking with renting TD Garden in Boston - I heard that it can hold at least 17,000 people but I think that we can squeeze everyone in. Get back to you soon.

Well, we will need at least enough room to handle those who voted against the absurd override( 5031), those who voted but would not cast a vote for the Mayor (1861) and those who voted for a write-in candidate (608). Please leave red noses and floppy shoes at home.

Poor sad clown, thank you so much for your offer for a meeting spot.

It is so helpful to know you are such good friends with the Manager at Friendly's that you can negotiate a special booth AND free appetizers.

While I'm not certain that location would work for us, I will certainly think of you the next time I enjoy a Fribble.

What rich lady on the east side? Do you mean Colleen Murphy who looked at some statistics and read the superintendent's reviews? Or Maribeth Darwin who appears to be some kind of cheerleader in the face of a racially hostile environment?
Or someone else?

Ahhh...Waka, Waka, Waka

So I'm not missing any of the brilliance of your posts, could you please explain what "Waka, Waka, Waka" means??

Willie
So I'm not missing any of the brilliance of your posts, could you please explain what "Waka, Waka, Waka" means??

demented ravings of a sick mind

Or........it's what he does when he thinks no one is looking. He could go blind!

Alternatively
Or........it's what he does when he thinks no one is looking. He could go blind!
LOL

Alternatively
Clown Patrol is female. A reliable source close to the Chief told me.

Sounds like a case for the newly established, Melrose Women's Commission.

Ahhh...waka, waka, waka

Anonymous is the differentiator? That is the most ludicrous comment I've read in a long time.