Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Abysmal Felon

Teachers are not paid enough in Melrose or most places. BUT to be lectured by SC Member, Ed O'Connell that the money paid to MPS staff is "Abysmal and Embarrassing" is a joke. The fact that the disbarred attorney (convicted of stealing 1.5 million dollars) was elected to the SC is an "embarrassment". The candidate pool for SC was "embarrassingly" limited. The parents who want better schools for their kids and pay for teachers should run for office. If you want the rest of us to pay more taxes, get ethical and qualified people to serve on the SC. And how magnaminous of CT's salary to be frozen. Give me a break! The "abysmal" superintendent should be fired. The schools have dug themselves into a hole because of the poor decision making by the Mayor, SC and MPS Administration. Unfortunately, the students of Melrose are the losers.

Re: Abysmal Felon

Who would want to serve on School committee with King Robbie and Margaret Driscoll calling the shots and retaliating against anyone who steps out of line. Who wants to be part of that unless you desire to bow down to Robbie and the Queen of anti-transparency/public participation?

The MEF brigade/parents need to put up or shut up. If they will not challenge Rob Dolan and Margaret Driscoll, they will have to accept the funding offered for the schools. Unless the illegal and unethical behavior of the School Committee, Mayor, City Hall Administration and the MPS "Leaders" is confronted and changed, they are getting what they deserve. You reap what you sew in life.

I sure hope the reaping machine doesn't get tangled up with the thread! http://assets.bravenet.com/common/images/forum/icons/set16.gif

couldn't contain myself
I sure hope the reaping machine doesn't get tangled up with the thread! http://assets.bravenet.com/common/images/forum/icons/set16.gif
I changed it to clickable.
Couldn't get it to work though.

Put Up or Shut Up
The MEF brigade/parents need to put up or shut up. If they will not challenge Rob Dolan and Margaret Driscoll, they will have to accept the funding offered for the schools. Unless the illegal and unethical behavior of the School Committee, Mayor, City Hall Administration and the MPS "Leaders" is confronted and changed, they are getting what they deserve. You reap what you sew in life.
You're making an excellent & much overlooked point. The MEFers want to prevail in their agenda (1) by kissing the admin & SCs a** and (2) by overtaxing the entire city for their narrow needs. A more honest and effective approach would be to question what is being done now. With the money available now. And analyze the answers with clear headed objectivity.

The MEFers who have middle school & HS students are doing their children an amazing disservice. They should be using their (well over) 5 min in front of the SC to advocate for the education of their older kids. And maybe look back into what Mr Mroz has said for years.