Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Merrill to be named MHS Interim Principal

MF currently sitting in Business Manager's office working for Taymore instead of fulfilling her primary responsibilities to MHS. Meanwhile another unqualified administrator is slated to be moved into her former role. Chaos on top of chaos, and obviously none of them care a bit about what this means for the students.

Last night's SC meeting was a ramping up of the farce aspect of all of their activities. They deserve no respect for their egregious mishandling of everything that is handling. All of them should be forced to be removed!

And BOA, after what they just did Monday and last Thursday, rubber-stamping an increase (!) in water-sewer rates and not fixing/eliminating the tiered rates, are no better. Their actions are an insult, and their sanctimonious words only rub that in.

Re: Merrill to be named MHS Interim Principal

Geez, you seem a bit disgruntled. You should convene a community wide meeting of like minded citizens and storm the chamber en masse demanding action and change.

That would have no impact on the beleaguered Superintendent and the knuckleheads on School Committee, plus there is only room for about 30 in that room aside from the fact that the SC chair has ensured very little time for any public comment (witness the space meet last Saturday-a complete farce if they consider that public participation). Oddly enough, that is why this site is so active with one topic alone having over 65,000 views. The Mayor and SC chair seethe that their sites (Mayor's blog and Taking notes in Melrose, ie., the early edition of the SC minutes) have little or no traffic in comparison. And of course it is always entertaining to see Clown Patrol's idiotic comments about current events here in Melrose. [:))]

Ridiculous
And BOA, after what they just did Monday and last Thursday, rubber-stamping an increase (!) in water-sewer rates and not fixing/eliminating the tiered rates, are no better. Their actions are an insult, and their sanctimonious words only rub that in.

What are you even talking about? The BOA voted to bring it back to a two-tiered structure (which it was before 2 years ago... The tiers were called residential and commercial). That's a big change and it will make a big difference for people in condos and apartments. What do you do with this news??? Spout off like a typical MM dummy that it isn't good enough. I'd love to see what you would do on the board. You should run... If you have the guts.

Also, the BOA have no option other than to raise the rates as much as the MWRA does. It will happen every year. There is nothing they can do, you'll have to deal with it. Even if you ended up on the board you would have to deal with it because it is built in. You are a joke and should stop taking until you learn a thing (let alone two)

You are dead wrong, "Can't Win." They did not return to the system that was in place before. It's a modified version of what they've had the last couple of years. Furthermore, with rates now at the top in THE NATION (not just the MWRA!!!), there is no justification for a further increase. The administration mob bosses are hiding and pocketing the money in their slush funds. And what they did to Monica, who was fighting for us (!) when it comes to Retroactive Billing and other key things, was inexcusable and beyond disgusting. They did not have the justification to raise rates one red cent. The rates they've had the last couple of years are indefensible.

Your implication that the rates now function like the residential/commercial tax rates is in error. Whether there will be any significant relief for those living in single meter condos or apartments remains to be seen, but even should there be, to be charging "residential" customers "commercial" rates is wrong.

For the record - I live in a single family house and pay tier 1. It will probably cost me money to fix the inequity that exists, but it's the right thing to do. I have no problem paying my fair share. Right now it's not fair, and it makes me cringe when I hear officials and consultants say they can't at least average those bills because "It's too hard to do.". Please.

Ridiculous
You are dead wrong, "Can't Win." They did not return to the system that was in place before. It's a modified version of what they've had the last couple of years. Furthermore, with rates now at the top in THE NATION (not just the MWRA!!!), there is no justification for a further increase. The administration mob bosses are hiding and pocketing the money in their slush funds. And what they did to Monica, who was fighting for us (!) when it comes to Retroactive Billing and other key things, was inexcusable and beyond disgusting. They did not have the justification to raise rates one red cent. The rates they've had the last couple of years are indefensible.

They shouldn't even try to please you morons. Literally there is no winning with this group of crotchety a$$holes!

They weren't "mean" to Monica. The bills expired. Retroactive billing will be taken back up and fixed this year (if you disagree, I will be willing to bet you the cost of a quarterly water bill). Her other 2 bills are jokes that provide no solutions other than soundbites for you all to cheer for.

You are all small little creeps who like to complain about $20 extra bucks in the water bills rather than conserving. My water rates (and I bet yours to if you are being honest with yourself and don't live in a condo) have barely changed since they started the tiered system. It is chump change. You are chumps!

Can't Win
The BOA voted to bring it back to a two-tiered structure (which it was before 2 years ago... The tiers were called residential and commercial). That's a big change and it will make a big difference for people in condos and apartments.

Sounds good. I have to find out how they will measure the individual water from each condo in a place like the Towers but hopefully this is a change in the right direction.

Can't Win
Also, the BOA have no option other than to raise the rates as much as the MWRA does. It will happen every year. There is nothing they can do, you'll have to deal with it.

This is where it gets murky. I don't believe you because wasn't it discovered that all sorts of expenses were covered by our water bills. Well beyond the MWRA increases? Aren't our bills substantially higher than other communities? Why is that again?[:-|]

"Aren't our bills substantially higher than other communities? Why is that again?"

Pay attention. Melrose has rates that rank with some of the highest in the NATION, not just the MWRA. There is no justification for this whatsoever. Melrose isn't in the desert with a water shortage problem, in case anyone here noticed. Last checked, it doesn't have a Hoover Dam to support either (although the school's legal bills and settlement costs might soon mount up to be the size of Niagara Falls raining down on us taxpayers!). Ask Mr. Taymor (no relation to that other creep) or Mr. Mroz about the facts because they actually understand them and have been fighting for all of us, tho totally ignored by most of the BOA and treated disgustingly by the city officials and Mortimer (who needs to go!).

And Ms/Mr "chump change" (earlier poster) must be one of the arrogant creeps who sat in the half shell voting her/his "conscience" (non-existent) and paying zero attention to the facts or the very obvious political machinations in which they were all (except Monica, and in some limited ways, Don) complicit.

Now it is said (through the veils of secrecy that the Dolanites incompetently maintain) that Mrs. Fogarty will ascend to be an MHS Assistant Principal. She is uncertified and unqualified, but apparently that makes no difference to these amoral politicians and officials.

Ahhh...Waka, Waka, Waka

Grow the Fu℃k up clown.