Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Drinking problem

You have to drink because, you are stressed, bully schools, and how nothing gets resolved unless it goes to court. We all have been a kid at heart. As long as you can say I talked to my child on how to be responsibly.

Foe
If anyone's looking for Foe -garty to teach your children right from wrong don't hold your breath. Do you really believe going from lead Asst. Principal of MHS to Sports Director is a promotion? If so, I have some swamp land to sell you. Too many complaints againsot him racial and what not. Do what the superintendent tells you to do and put it in writing and wha la, you've still got a job. Now go convince those football players of yours not drink before the big game. They'll listen to you coach just like you listened when you played, lol.

If you think you're kids don't drink you're lying to yourself. And for the record I didn't say it was "ok." I said they're going to do it. Which is a reality.

I think everyone needs to have a few drinks and get over that Hillary lost. Have a Trump party just don't tell anyone you might get killed.

Working here will drive you to it.

I know my kid is not drinking because I know where my child is. My 16 year old 11th grade child is usually home because most others are hiking into the woods if the weather is good or hanging in someone's basement having a few. My child is on a cthree athletic teams and has many acquaintances and is well liked but has an almost non existent social life because every one else is to busy drinking. I don't Really mind this. The socialization through sports and team pasta parties is fine. My child also has a close friend to do things like go to movie or other activity occasionally.
However my child has no desire to drink and knows if he/she did and were caught there would be heavy consequences by us, his/her parents. So when he/she is home doing nothing on a weekend I ask what everyone is doing and they respond usually with drinking in the woods. i am always shocked at the kids who are included, kids whose parents I thought would have more of a stronghold on them. My child will tell me stories He/she hears of kids passing out drunk in the woods. It's scary and I know that having some beer is a right of passage in HS but a lot of these kids are doing it every weekend. Sometimes two and three times a week. And when they do they drink to the point of blacking out. Why can't these kids have a good tim without needing to drink? I wish parents would pay more attention. I don't understand how they can not know what their child is doing. Or not do anything about it if they do know.

Because this is Melrose. We don't admit to stuff like that here.

Any parent in Melrose who wants to know if their kid is drinking in Melrose on weekends need only drive down along Swains Pond road between the Common and Towner's Pond. The kids swarm down this road between 7:30 and 9:00 at night and disappear into the woods near Knox Memorial Park for their drinking parties. Next time your kid says they're hanging out a Sally's house Saturday night, see if they're actually at Sally's or if Sally even exists.

Check if your child's water bottle is water! Children are putting you know what in it. Studies show parents are fully aware of whats going on.

your kid is not the angel you think, all kids experiment or try no matter how "busy" they are. all you can do is be ready when it happens and come down heavy on the punishment.

1 2