Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Margaret Driscoll's Business Manager.
Margaret Driscoll's becomes available for that position, that salary will be even higher.
Views: 242   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 20, 2017 10:02am
by B.B.org
College Acceptances
The Mayor issued a press release with a list of about 200 schools that accepted applicants from Melrose. Can anyone tell me how many kids are in the senior class, how many applied to these schools, and how many acceptances were "multiples"? My granddaughter was acce...
Views: 1267   Replies: 36
Last Post: May 8, 2017 2:52pm
by finished
Educator Exodus Continues
from today's School Spring listings: Melrose Public Schools Home | Contact Us Employment Home > Postings Public Postings Date Job Title School/Site Apr 7 Elementary Teacher Lincoln Elementary School Apr 7 Elementary Visual Art Teacher (.5) Melrose P...
Views: 511   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 12, 2017 6:41am
by Melrosian
School Committee Hypocrisy and Naive Parents re Civil and Human Rights
It is both heartening and very dismaying to hear the many parents speaking with heartful and genuine passion on behalf of transgender students and a new Committee "inclusivity" statement being put forward tonight. It is heartening to hear the sincerity of those who s...
Views: 430   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 10, 2017 8:11pm
by BS
Boy's Swim Team
Is the boy's swim coach the same Dick Whitworth that was at the Y during the molestation fiasco? If he is, my question is - WTF?
Views: 470   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 10, 2017 4:59pm
by Say It Isn't So
School Busses
What's up with School Busses taking up the whole road when they stop to pick up or unload students? The RMV law states that a school bus will put on its' flashing red lights and display the stop sign and everyone is supposed to stop and avoid passing the stopped bus....
Views: 392   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 1, 2017 11:21am
by father
Potty-mouthed Superintendent at it again
Oops, she did it again. Our potty mouthed Superintendent started the March 14th fake public budget discussionS by snapping "this mic is too ****ed close!" What a great way to great way to greet the taxpayers, though 99% of parents were just sitting down to eat dinn...
Views: 467   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 30, 2017 6:59pm
by People
Rank MSC/Super Incompetence, Unprofessionalism, Breach of Confidential Personal Info
Tonight's 2nd part of SC meeting: Mic is on and those of us watching the abysmally awful charade get to hear Hogan and Casatelli talking about their "gluten-free" mint patties stored in the freezer, Driscoll pretending to be all "just folks" talking about what goes...
Views: 946   Replies: 41
Last Post: Mar 24, 2017 2:06pm
by Swell, VUVU
Two Swastkas found near Horace Mann School
From the Melrose Free Press February 10th: Two swastikas – one accompanied by the words 'not welcome' – were discovered in the Horace Mann area this week. Both drawings of the symbol most closely associated with Nazism were written in the snow and eve...
Views: 423   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 22, 2017 9:35pm
by open records
Snow days
I am glad that Melrose starts school before Labor Day. Now we have a lot of room to make up days until Jume 30 th. There are a lot of schools who will have to make up on Saturdays or give up holidays.
Views: 759   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 20, 2017 9:24pm
by Bruce
NYU
Substitute Teacher Scheduling
How are the substitute teachers organized? My neighbor has been substitute teaching periodically. She received a call two weeks ago to sub on two certain days at two different schools and confirmed that she would be at those locations. When she went to the pri...
Views: 342   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2017 9:41am
by NYU
Rest in Peace, Mr. Moss
http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/bostonglobe/guestbook-entry-print.aspx?n=gregory-moss&pid=175910038 GREGORY MOSS 1977 - 2015 Obituary Condolences MOSS, Gregory 38, of Amesbury, passed away unexpectedly on September 21, 2015 at his home. Gregory was an English T...
Views: 2845   Replies: 26
Last Post: Mar 9, 2017 7:43pm
by Tom
Warehouding middle schoolers
Per Brent Conway, MVMMS principal, effective the third trimester the middle school will start sending up to 3 classes to the cafeteria if more than one teacher is absent. Same thing as in MHS. Warehousing our kids. No chrome books or videos will be available. Just at...
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2017 8:33pm
by doughboy
Schools Eliminating Education Stations
SC voted to eliminate summer education stations. Why do I always get the feeling they aren't telling the actual and complete story when they do such things? So many times they give surface reasons but you have that nagging feeling they are witholding the real reasons...
Views: 675   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 8, 2017 9:24am
by Positive
Substitute Teachers
Substitute teachers to fill in for an absent teacher are a basic function for schools as are regular and special teachers, heat, light and security. It seems administrators don't provide them in Melrose High School. I know they often don't in the elementary schools -...
Views: 566   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 28, 2017 5:04pm
by no help
To Para: Stay The Course!
To Para….I’ve been reading all that has been posted on this message board and I want to thank you for your continuing acts of courage and bravery for speaking out (who gives a crap if it is anonymous). Not all of us have the luxury of being able to put o...
Views: 571   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 28, 2017 4:15pm
by true
mhs
Death of para today
Dear MHS Parents/Guardians, It is with great sadness that we have to inform you that Diana Telis, a special education paraprofessional at Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School passed away unexpectedly today at her home. We have informed all staff and wanted to i...
Views: 1617   Replies: 27
Last Post: Feb 8, 2017 4:01pm
by Management
Middle School Promotional BS re Racism Mandates
And why exactly are we supposed to believe this "influencer" silliness? MAAV was so effective when it came to Kicking Gingers, after all. And MAAV really stepped up about all the OCR stuff, didn't they? So did the precious Human Rights Commission, with its comprehens...
Views: 610   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 25, 2017 1:11pm
by Nazi
SC Negotiating Contracts
Melrose School Committee, Regular Meeting, 9/13/2016 7:00 PM Aldermanic Chamber, City Hall, 1st Floor, 562 Main Street http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_Meeting.aspx?ID=2685 9. Executive Session - 8:20 PM 1. To approve executive session minutes of...
Views: 547   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 23, 2017 7:51pm
by Mayor running th...
School Committee Self-Eval Does Not Even Acknowledge its Gross Failures re OCR
Page 134, MSC Jan 10, 2017 Meeting Packet http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2708&Inline=True At the back of the packet is the "Executive Summary" BS of Driscoll's re the euphemistically named Self-Evaluation of the School Committee. I...
Views: 515   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 23, 2017 12:46pm
by Resident
MHS
Melrose High School
Is anyone wondering what is going on up there? So far, we have Fogarty moving up as the AD, and Merrill the interim principal. They then moved Courigan up to a permanent position as assistant principal. After that, everything went dark. Will we be hiring a secon...
Views: 1657   Replies: 21
Last Post: Feb 23, 2017 10:38am
by Much better
Tackle Taymore
Maybe the Mascot/Red Raiders issue will finally takedown Taymore. God help anyone who attempts to change the outdated ways of Brigadoon...The Mayor's comments show a parochial and limited understanding of the world that exists outside Melrose's borders. Just because...
Views: 711   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 21, 2017 2:48pm
by Get Real
Making VMMS a 'safe school'
Headline of Weekly News Friday. MVMMS will never be safe for students, staff or the community so long as the same heads of the school and the district remain in place.
Views: 442   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 21, 2017 2:08pm
by 2 jobs
ECC
Let children be children
In the agenda for this week, "Donna Rosso will present at the 2016 STEM Summit in November. She will be sharing how the ECC has built a successful program to provide age appropriate curriculum and instruction in Science and Engineering." Page 5 http://melros...
Views: 835   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 21, 2017 7:33am
by Admin
Hand Sanitizer??
I saw something about the police being asked to respond to a situation at the middle school concerning a child putting hand sanitizer in someone's water bottle? Does anyone know if this was a singular incident and what was done about it?
Views: 585   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2017 10:47pm
by I heard
Business Manager Salary Now Appears at Nearly $134,000
Tomorrow's School Committee Agenda Packet http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2658&Inline=True Page 25 133,964 Since when did the School Committee jump the Business Manager's salary by more than $15,000, and how do they think...
Views: 1244   Replies: 30
Last Post: Feb 20, 2017 6:50pm
by $ame
Cover up, youre still ugly
Not all are corrupt as in Mr. Merrill or Mr. Corrigan, but what does one have to do to receive a promotion above ones skill or educational level? Maybe we should ask that question. Could it be like deliberately leaving out pertinent information in ones notes in an in...
Views: 1246   Replies: 17
Last Post: Feb 20, 2017 4:12pm
by F-
Education Fund
Just received my excise tax and in big bold letters there is a voluntary fund area where you can check off a donation. I understand the scholarship and veterans donation but where is the Education Fund donation being applied. Is this for a "slush " type Fund or som...
Views: 185   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 20, 2017 11:01am
by Melrose Boondogg...
School Building Boondoggles and the Dummies who Keep Allowing This
Mayor is tossing some vote-getting goodies to the Horace Mann by committing at least $1.5 million in "renovations" for that school in this new bonding bundle (only the first $400,000 for the "design" work bonded so far--what a boondoggle for this patronage fake-bid "...
Views: 591   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 10:56am
by The usual
Drilling Down through the Disregulated Bunk
Watching the hideous little noir play otherwise known as Melrose School Committee Meeting. Good grief. "Disregulated" "part-time 3-year-olds"..... Strategies, Rubrics, Drilling Down--for 3-year-olds! Between the moronic presentation and the even more moronic "ques...
Views: 1057   Replies: 27
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 10:54am
by Superhero
DESE to conduct audit of MPS Civil Rights, SPED programs
http://melrose.wickedlocal.com/news/20161111/dese-to-conduct-coordinated-program-review-at-melrose-schools The Melrose schools mis-administrative team brought this one on themselves. CR violations against minorities and SPED students are well-known state-wide. W...
Views: 540   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 10:51am
by DESE
New technology employees
My understanding is, when positions open within the city they have to be posted within. I have heard that the new tech person "Neal" has hired directly from his previous area of Wilmington. What happened to posting the job within the district and then out to...
Views: 657   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 9:53am
by URL
Open Meeting Law Complaint - Again
Just found out that a Melrose resident has filed an Open Meeting Law complaint against our illustrious school committee. Here we go again! Why is it these people have trouble posting notices about meetings? I think that Driscoll has 2 degrees and of course our in...
Views: 1431   Replies: 40
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 9:47am
by Discusted
Gross School Committee Eval of Super Shows Why Melrose Charter Needs Restoration of Recall Provision
This is absolutely a disgrace. Overflowing with "exemplary" and nonsense. Ed: "The superintendent is overworked and under-supported." Really? Jaime: "The leadership award that she received at the conference of her peers is clear evidence of her prominence in th...
Views: 1325   Replies: 32
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 9:45am
by Discusted
HM
Renovations
I have just finished reading plans for the Horace Mann building updates. I understand that the school will not be part of the modular classrooms that will be added to other schools in the city. I am a former parent at HM and a teacher myself elsewhere and have a lo...
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 9:43am
by Fixer upper
Narcissism in Schools & City
http://thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-arabi/2016/06/20-diversion-tactics-highly-manipulative-narcissists-sociopaths-and-psychopaths-use-to-silence-you/ June 30, 2016 20 Diversion Tactics Highly Manipulative Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths Use To Silence You Sh...
Views: 458   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 9:41am
by Not a factor
Vote for Pot - I need it!
Hey - man...nothing wrong with a few joints in the am and pm....don't be selfish and vote no on question #4 or is it #3 - can't remember since I am smoking a joint now! Please don't worry about the effects of smoking pot - there are only a few problems with it - and...
Views: 480   Replies: 16
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 9:39am
by Ireland
Drinking problem
Summer in Melrose is a absolute booze fest for the HS and yes, MS kids. The City organizes nothing for these kids to do or to be involved in so all they do is go out and drink. Even worse, the cops just break up the parties and don't call the parents, the school or...
Views: 3473   Replies: 59
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 9:02am
by rose colored gal...
Creepy Clowns
The bozo brigade is spreading its mental illness. Creepy clowns showing up all over the place. Melrose was ground zero. Be careful this weekend. It looks like MFD has shown up in multiple States.
Views: 514   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:55am
by It
Another Raid
Weekly News - (writing about the modular classrooms) The city of Melrose will be providing funding for half of the cost of these modules. Superintendent Taymore says the rest of the funding will most likely come from the cities facilities account."
Views: 700   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:53am
by Funding
Scab thread?
Was the thread that was started about a corrupt union leader, incorrectly referred to as a scab, deleted? I can't find it. The thread gave some very interesting insight into MPS paras.
Views: 1345   Replies: 21
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:52am
by Still
Fix the Charter
Fix the blasted thing, and do it NOW. "Dolan said. "There's not much controversy in it. No one’s ever stopped me and said, 'I think we need to change the charter.'" Dolan acknowledged that one point of discussion could be his seat on the School Committee,...
Views: 317   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:49am
by Public
Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders published by the American Psychiatric Association lists 12 criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder: 1. Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance. 2. Expecting to be recognized as superior eve...
Views: 674   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:46am
by MPD
SC Chair Driscoll abusing position again!
Once again, SC Chair Margaret Driscoll has improperly and rudely interrupted yet another citizen of Melrose during SC Public Comment period on November 15th for simply asking informed questions about school choice that Ms. Driscoll apparently deemed too controversial...
Views: 306   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:44am
by Solution
SC Does Away with Remaining Vestiges of Separation of Powers
Tonight's SC meeting seals the deal for the mayor officially to control virtually the entire shooting match. The SC was tasked with considering the hiring of new SC legal counsel. They revealed that they had turned over the entire negotiations for this matter to Marg...
Views: 633   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:42am
by Robbie
Driscoll Award
PR firm just brought another award. This time the School Super Org chose Margaret Driscoll ! Our taxpayer money is being well spent !
Views: 884   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:40am
by Uncle David
School Budget
What are the actual legal costs taxpayers fund in the MPS budget? Why does MPS need their own attorney? The City's finances are so out of balance. The schools drain money needed for other priorities. The continuing mismanagement by incompetent school administrator...
Views: 419   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:38am
by Budget
Stuck with Driscoll as SC chair for another year.
Mayor Dolan was noticeably absent from the unanimous vote tonight by the school committee bozos to make the reigning queen of anti-transparency, anti-public participation and anti-ethics.... the chair of the school committee for another year! Lets watch the train w...
Views: 373   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:36am
by Rats
Irresponsible Budgeting: Only January and Already in Red on Many Line Items
Page 84, Meeting Packet, Jan. 10, 2017 M Farrell's Budget Report http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2708&Inline=True Many items significantly over budget, including a whopping for Transportation Services -57,961.90, SPED tuition, Ad...
Views: 250   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:32am
by In the red
Administration Lies Again and is Caught Violating Federal Student Confidentiality Laws
Inside yesterday's front section of Free Press is an article that AL wrote about the administration's practice since 2012 of listing the initials of the special needs students next to the charges on the Warrants that the School Committee reviews for payment at their...
Views: 2003   Replies: 51
Last Post: Feb 19, 2017 6:30am
by Violations
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12