Start a New Topic 
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Show Me The $
The Override failed 2 to 1 The School Building Committe will now dump 2 modulars at Hoover and 2 modulars at Winthrop Horace Mann will now be renovated Show Me The $ ? Julie DeLillo will run against FW and win in a landslide The City will continue to ignore the...
Views: 1184   Replies: 37
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 6:43pm
by $$$$
8th grade all boys meeting
I understand that all 8th grade boys were called down to the auditorium today. Apparently there was a conversation about inappropriate touching. Nothing has come out from the school explaining what was been happening. Apparently a few kids are walking around grabbi...
Views: 1001   Replies: 21
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 6:40pm
by Political??
HM
Renovations
I have just finished reading plans for the Horace Mann building updates. I understand that the school will not be part of the modular classrooms that will be added to other schools in the city. I am a former parent at HM and a teacher myself elsewhere and have a lo...
Views: 1214   Replies: 29
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 6:18pm
by Resident
NYU
Paraprofessionals
Good Afternoon! What is the hourly rate that a paraprofessional is paid in Melrose?
Views: 361   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 5:51pm
by Idiot
Question 2
I just saw an ad on TV supporting Question 2. The gist of it was that anyone who says that expanding the number of charter schools will drain money away from local schools is a liar, and that Question 2 will actually increase funding for public schools. Of course...
Views: 4462   Replies: 170
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 11:24am
by Pro Charter
NYU
Melrose Substitute Teachers
Happy New Year, What is the hourly rate for a Melrose substitute teacher? Many thanks for your responses!
Views: 760   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 11:07am
by Mass minimum
Grieving Session
Anyone know if it's true that the high school offered a a grieving session for Hillary supporters ?
Views: 417   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 10:06am
by Sad
Youth Risk Behavior Study
It's no surprise that the presentation provided to the SC on the Youth Risk Behavior Study listed in the October 18th SC meeting packet offers no real solutions for the drug and alcohol problems in the MPS. One glaring point is that 2.1% of students responded that t...
Views: 598   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 9:14am
by False studies
Middle School
Any parents of students in the middle school ask themselves this August when the email came out about all the teachers leaving? Has anyone else noticed that good teachers are leaving in droves? Since Conway has been in charge we have lost the school nurse and mul...
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 17, 2017 2:01pm
by Mighty Mouse
Sen. Warren got Thorped/Driscolled
The shameful conduct of the Republicans has spiraled into new lows. McConnell pulled a trick that Melrosians have now long observed locally from the unethical conduct of SC members so desperate to seal off the truth along with any kind of real public dialogue that an...
Views: 293   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 16, 2017 7:57am
by Disgusting!
Jason Merrill Finalized as MHS Principal
Jason Merrill has done a great job heading the MHS ship and I am happy to hear that Superintendent Taymore has finalized his appointment as the new MHS principal. He is open to students and parents and takes the time to listen to both groups. This is a true win for...
Views: 1630   Replies: 49
Last Post: Feb 16, 2017 5:50am
by Good guy
Safety first
Just came in from shoveling. Heavy, wet snow. It's gonna rain and be a sheet of ice. Even if it doesn't snow after the rain the ice, branches and unshovelled sidewalks make it a hazard. The surrounding cities and towns have called it. What the hell is wrong with the...
Views: 275   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 12, 2017 6:34pm
by Suck
What a donkey
Watched the MMTV show the other night with the AAU coach from Stoneham. What a grade 1 donkey!!!!! Such a poser! No true experience with he exception of overcharging clients. Poorly run organization who sells parets on unrealistic dreams of going to the "next level....
Views: 516   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 21, 2016 11:40am
by Buro
45 mins for a lock down.
Safety is the number one issue in every school. Why did Melrose decide to just lock down 2 schools?
Views: 816   Replies: 20
Last Post: Sep 20, 2016 8:10pm
by Duh
Sad
Pussification
It's a sad day in America when a punk little 11-13 year old kid writes something stupid on a bathroom wall and the police get called. Why? Why do we continue to call attention to this ridiculous behavior? Why not just wash it off? There are much worse things going on...
Views: 578   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 20, 2016 2:15pm
by MEW
Oriental Trading garbage purchased once again by taxpayers for MSC
Page 33 http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2658&Inline=True 657750 ORIENTAL TRADING COMPA 00000 86864 INV 09/13/2016 678819130-01 172394 290645 11197000 57600 1110 ADMIN EXP SCH CM 239.87 Invoice Net 239.87 CHECK TOT...
Views: 365   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 13, 2016 8:12am
by LOL
It's educational
Wap bap ba loo ba ba lap bam boom...... Rock n roll!!!! Keeping it 💯 Melrose [:))][:)s][:D]
Views: 310   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 10, 2016 8:25am
by Thornton - Less
Dress Code For Gym Class?
Someone help me here. My kid told me that the middle school gym teachers now require all students to arrive to class this year in either red, white, grey or black sneakers, shirts, shorts and sweatpants or they will lose points on their final grade. I find this har...
Views: 747   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 9, 2016 1:54pm
by pucker her up
Question 2- charter school funding
I am sorry but I think the entire premise around a charter school is ridiculous. It is completely unfair that they get my tax dollars to fund education my children can not attend. I am sorry but a lottery is ridiculous. The funding needs to go into public schools in...
Views: 1090   Replies: 21
Last Post: Sep 8, 2016 7:05pm
by another one
Best High Schools ranking of Melrose High School
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/best-schools-boston-2016-chart-public-high-schools/ For a town with an increasingly wealthy and educated demographic, Melrose High School ranks beneath virtually all our neighboring high schools with similar a similar population. Belo...
Views: 2238   Replies: 52
Last Post: Sep 7, 2016 8:59am
by Wake Up Melrose
No to the Override which translates to Yes for our Community: Important links
Here are the most essential links that explain why my family will be voting No to the Override which translates to Yes for our Community! Melrose used to be a place we were proud of. Let's make it so again! https://vimeo.com/138697244 September 8 School Committ...
Views: 2217   Replies: 50
Last Post: Aug 31, 2016 12:19pm
by Comprehensive Li...
‘They Have To Go’: The Environmental And Health Costs Of Portable Classrooms Kim Drury and Rober
Teacher Billie Lane’s portable is a world apart from other classrooms at her school. She’s filled the space with toys from across the universe: Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel, Transformers and Godzilla. Lane’s World, her students named it — a...
Views: 5286   Replies: 95
Last Post: Aug 29, 2016 8:55pm
by Back to School o...
Superintendent Taymore's Performance Evaluation by School Committee
You can read the school committee's PE of Taymore at the following link - beginning on page 95: http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2655&Inline=True Amazing how many of them totally ignored the terrible OCR findings and decisions which...
Views: 513   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 29, 2016 9:27am
by Lost Cause
how do I get a teacher complaint in the teacher's file?
Can someone tell me where to find a written policy regarding the process of including a teacher complaint in the teacher's personnel file? It was my understanding that if I asked that my written communication be placed in a teacher's file that should happen, but I...
Views: 912   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 25, 2016 12:20pm
by Good start
Helicopter Parents and Drinking
"How Helicopter Parents Cause Binge Drinking" by Caitlin Flanagan in September's The Atlantic is must reading. Just a sample: "Drinking isn 't like doing drugs - it's not something parents recoil from in horror. It's something they can make an accommodation for,...
Views: 391   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 15, 2016 11:12pm
by Arnold Koch
Melrose Scallion: Superintendent Paymore Educational Leadership Award
Melrose, a small Massachusetts city, earned an extraordinary distinction when its district Superintendent of Schools landed the Educational Leadership Award (ELA) Superintendent Paymore has been given the Massachusetts Association of School Superintendents (a.k.a....
Views: 1079   Replies: 22
Last Post: Aug 6, 2016 9:19am
by Nah
Fake Beebe opening budget
Here is the Mayor's fake inflated budget costs for "re-opening" the Beebe School, even though it is a fully functioning active SPED school under lease with the SEEM Collaborative who only pay $215k (includes utilities). Their lease expired July 1, 2016 but you can b...
Views: 438   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 2, 2016 11:43pm
by What A Surprise
Accountability or Lack Thereof
Last night's SC meeting (starting at 6 pm regarding School Improvement Plans) https://vimeo.com/176400176 34:00 (Glad to be able to watch this bilge online because it would be intolerable sitting in that chamber with its hideously dirty pink carpet and bad air!)...
Views: 484   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 28, 2016 9:05pm
by Unvarnished Trut...
Announcement
It is with pleasure that I announce that there will be funding provided by the SC to fund the design and production of a Jaime McAllister-Grande bobblehead. Since this member spends so much time and expends so much effort nodding in response to any comment made by th...
Views: 378   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 28, 2016 2:34pm
by Melrose Resident
Huge Legal and Consultant Bills Continue to Mount
packet for Tuesday's SC meeting, page 166 Another $27,000 in Legal Bills & $8,800 in Accounting Consulting Bill This Month plus $2,000 for Title 6 (racism) Training Consultant: SANGHAVI LAW OFFICES plus $10,517 taken from METCO grant to pay a Nurse agency (s...
Views: 529   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 26, 2016 9:11pm
by No notice
Forced Online Payments for Ed Stations Include Mandatory Extra Convvenience Fee
The School Committee in all its wisdom is allowing the administration to force parents to pay for Ed Stations (and probably ECC, too?) with online payments only, adding a "convenience fee" on top. Dolan's city online payment option (taxes, water/sewer) same deal, and...
Views: 273   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 26, 2016 2:28pm
by No lines no wait...
MFD
School Superintendents to Get Training on Open Records Laws
Wow...did you read in this morning's, Democrat "Boston Globe", that hundreds of Mass school superintendent's are going to training classes this summer on the Open Records Law in Mass. Why you ask? A university professor from Utah sent letters to Mass school supers...
Views: 684   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 26, 2016 12:58pm
by Law Library
Melrose Nepotism Beat Goes On: New IT Director Married to City Engineer
from WickedLocal: July 24. 2016 1:02PM Ellis to become Melrose's new IT director By Aaron Leibowitz Melrose has found a new Information Technology Director following the departure of Jorge Pazos. Neal Ellis, who created an IT department for the Wilmington Publ...
Views: 455   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 26, 2016 12:53pm
by My husband/My si...
Melrose Community Page & other observations
There is a very interesting string that has started on the Melrose Community Facebook page. A question was posed to the community from a family moving into Melrose from out of town and they were wondering which school has the best services for kids with an IEP. The...
Views: 1114   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jul 25, 2016 11:08pm
by Thanks
**** Happens !
Enough of the schools, the farce of an override, the bogus politicians who steal our money for health insurance, the crazy "Black Lives Matter" group sitting in front of city hall last night at 6pm with little kids in 90 plus degree heat, the farce of the school crow...
Views: 633   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 18, 2016 6:31pm
by Dillon
Web Site Back Up
This is what happens when you forget to pay the bill!
Views: 325   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 9, 2016 11:51am
by patricia wright
Hypocrisy and Faux Angst Re K Para Funding
Check out Dolan's faux outrage and hypocritical remarks: Local pols blast state over kindergarten funding removal By Aaron Leibowitz July 03. 2016 1:14PM Melrose kindergarten classrooms could have fewer paraprofessionals in September after the state legislatur...
Views: 381   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 8, 2016 8:42pm
by Really...
Tonight's School Committee Meeting
Please watch tonight's school committee meeting either in person (preferred) or on cable - and observe first hand the lack of honesty, truthfulness. and transparency exhibited - especially as they discuss budgetary issues and policy issues. Let's see who speaks at...
Views: 1020   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jun 30, 2016 11:04pm
by Stupid Patrol
New Contract
Free Press - "Melrose Public Schools teachers will receive 1 percent annual salary increases under a new three-year collective bargaining agreement." Where have I heard this before? Read the article and see what other increases were negotiated. There's a increase...
Views: 487   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 30, 2016 10:06am
by agree
Conway is the wrong way
Beware of what's coming. Conway is being groomed by Taymore as the next superintendent. Conway is a conman. A false profit pretending to care for our children. Women are less-than unless they're young and pretty. Rids the system of senior females high up on the food...
Views: 786   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 29, 2016 9:23pm
by mid summer raise...
Everything is Awesome: unmusical chairs and revolving door stupidities continue unabated
Funny how they're all reported as "exceptional" or "exemplary," and terms like "cultural proficiency" keep being thrown in as if to wash away the stench of the actual reality, which is anything but "proficient," culturally or otherwise! from wicked local: June...
Views: 514   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 29, 2016 4:00pm
by Indeed
Read the Meeting Packet and Learn
http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_Meeting.aspx?ID=2672 http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2632&Inline=True Read and think. Maybe even dare to question.... Like this: P. 7 JAMES T. PICONE INV 06/28/2016 SERVICES S...
Views: 604   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 28, 2016 11:11pm
by Band parent
MD uses gavel and rules as her personal cudgel
The return of MD as chair has rendered school committee meetings far more toxic and dangerous than they were under KT, hard as that is to fathom. She uses the norms, the policies, the rolling agenda, anything she can twist to serve her bizarre personal agenda, comple...
Views: 1645   Replies: 36
Last Post: Jun 24, 2016 8:33pm
by MFD
Just Call Saul
With every new post and wretched revelation about Melrose's own Angiullo Gang it's clear that "Vanny" just won't be able to manage all the litigation that is and will be hitting the fan for the school district and city. Time to Just Call Saul![:D][:)s]
Views: 272   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 22, 2016 10:17pm
by FLAMING
Middle school
Why is it some middle school male students were allowed to destroy the bicycle of a female student and not be punished. Though I do not know the student personally, I know of her and I have seen her on her bike riding around town doing what looks to be like errands f...
Views: 745   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 22, 2016 10:15pm
by FLAMING
Useless IT Director Gone to Greener Pastures
This waste of a six-figure salary who has cost the city and schools countless amounts of money in failed or underperforming systems, websites, etc., has apparently gone to another job. Many of us were convinced he had been moonlighting (on the taxpayer dime) for a lo...
Views: 649   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 22, 2016 10:09pm
by FLAMING
Sad
MHS Graduation
Is it true that they decided not to have a Valedictorian MHS this year because it is not fair to others ?
Views: 5124   Replies: 98
Last Post: Jun 20, 2016 10:35pm
by We all would lik...
wow
Disturbing Public Comment from the parent of the MHS student with the highest GPA
https://vimeo.com/170718344 @ 8:54 "I happen to be the parent of the student with the highest GPA...." "My senior was the student with the highest GPA" and in case it wasn't clear in the first 5 times this mother said it, her student had the "highest GPA"! (With...
Views: 1100   Replies: 26
Last Post: Jun 20, 2016 6:42pm
by The Good, the Ba...
MA 5th highest in nation for Zika yet School Committee approved Costa Rica field trips
http://patch.com/massachusetts/melrose/s/fsfdm/massachusetts-5th-highest-for-zika-cases-in-the-nation-cdc?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_term=health%20%26%20fitness&utm_campaign=alert more field trips to Costa Rica perhaps? All of Boston and...
Views: 514   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 19, 2016 10:01pm
by Melrose Resident
Farrell now appointed to be Business Manager pending SC approval
A message from MELROSE PUBLIC SCHOOLS Dear High School and Eighth Grade Families, This is a very exciting time to be involved in the Melrose Public Schools community. It is a time of great things and great change. With that change came some anxiety after the de...
Views: 1587   Replies: 41
Last Post: Jun 19, 2016 9:21pm
by Connect the dots
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13