Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
45 mins for a lock down.

Safety is the number one issue in every school. Why did Melrose decide to just lock down 2 schools?

Re: 45 mins for a lock down.

What are you talking about?

All schools should of been in a locked down on Friday. The suspect was near the Mt. Hood area. All schools in Saugus was in a locked down. What is the new twitter Melrose sent out and not the automated calls to the residents. Melrose 45 mins and you made a choice not to use safety first, the first thing you are trained for.

Lucky, no harm was done in the schools in Melrose. Who made the choice to do the lock down?

I agree that every school should of been in a lock down. What is this to save money again?

I was totally afraid to go out for recess lunch with my students. Our principal was not at our school and no teacher was filling in for her as usually. We heard from many sources that it was two schools Winthrop and Hoover in a lock down. I was so confused to what is the correct decision to make with my students. Can anyone explain because I always feel safety is our first priority with children.

I was waiting for the automatic call that Melrose was in a lock down. It

never came so I looked on Melrose patch and found out only two schools were

in lock down. Very disappointed in this discussion of the police department.

All you could hear was helicopters over head in Melrose. To find out a man

was in the area and not all schools in lock down. Mayor Dolan should be

investigating this matter.

Teacher Help
I was totally afraid to go out for recess lunch with my students. Our principal was not at our school and no teacher was filling in for her as usually. We heard from many sources that it was two schools Winthrop and Hoover in a lock down. I was so confused to what is the correct decision to make with my students. Can anyone explain because I always feel safety is our first priority with children.

If this is actually an elementary school teacher that posted this message, our students are in deep trouble. It looks more like what a 4th grader would write.

parent
I was waiting for the automatic call that Melrose was in a lock down. It

never came so I looked on Melrose patch and found out only two schools were

in lock down. Very disappointed in this discussion of the police department.

All you could hear was helicopters over head in Melrose. To find out a man

was in the area and not all schools in lock down. Mayor Dolan should be

investigating this matter.

Discussion? You're the only one talking bout the Police. I fail to see how this is their fault. The Chief takes orders from city hall, so if nothing was passed down to the citizens it was because of the Mayor, not the Chief.

Why would you shut the whole school system down because they are looking for someone with two outstanding warrants? Did he have a weapon? No. Did he just rob a bank or a store? No. This is ridiculous.

Then Mayor Dolan should be ashamed of himself then if that decision was his.

Thanks 2nd grade teacher that's still kissing principals a$$!

Troubled schools I just got hired less than a month ago. What about you?

All principals had to go to a meeting the day of the lock down. The school I work in always

has a teacher in charge. If it was chaos at your school that needs to be address ASAP! You

are correct safety is the number one priority in the schools with children.

No. LEARNING and EDUCATING the children are the number one priority. Duh.

Vote no on question 2. The city of Melrose badly needs your vote.

In my classroom that comes naturally learning and educating. Duh, what teacher talks like

that unless your a bully.

SAFETY!

Priorities are
In my classroom that comes naturally learning and educating. Duh, what teacher talks like

that unless your a bully.

I think you mean "unless you're a bully". Wow, our kids are in trouble if these are really Melrose teachers posting on MM.

Type A never works so start looking for a new job. Duh

Duh. Let's get some teachers who can spell and know grammar. Duh.