Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Show Me The $

The Override failed 2 to 1
The School Building Committe will now dump 2 modulars at Hoover and 2 modulars at Winthrop
Horace Mann will now be renovated
Show Me The $ ?
Julie DeLillo will run against FW and win in a landslide
The City will continue to ignore the police and fire buildings which are a disgrace
1st Responders in Melrose will be the last thing on the rubber stamping, BOA minds when they authorize funding for the schools
Cyndy Taymore will continue to blackmail Rob Dolan
Who will be appointed to review the Charter ?
Show Me The $ ?

Re: Show Me The $

Melrose is losing more children from the schools. Margaret Driscoll should never be a city official again! Show me the money! Vote yes on question 2 maybe the SC will realize this is a serious matter. Blackmail Dolan for what did they sleep together?

Don't you worry. Margaret won't be on school committee too much longer. Once Farrell retires from the now 134k per year business manager position, earning her "highest three year's average salary to max out her retirement computation, it will be Margaret's turn to slip into the position. After all, Margaret has been a good foot soldier for the mayor and the superintendent, covering up all the sordid scandals, denying access to critical public documents from committee members and the general public, not that this is a violation of the Commonwealth's public records laws and open meeting laws or anything like that.....not! [:))]

Have you noticed how the business manager no longer participates in the meetings nor sits in the horseshoe? Obviously Taymnore does not want to show how incompetent Farrell is so she hides her in the audience. Hey - we only pay her an exorbitant sum of $134K - what do you expect?

Bait and Switch
The School Building Committe will now dump 2 modulars at Hoover and 2 modulars at Winthrop
Show Me The $ ?
The City will continue to ignore the police and fire buildings which are a disgrace
1st Responders in Melrose will be the last thing on the rubber stamping, BOA minds when they authorize funding for the schools
Show Me The $ ?

Julie DeLillo for Mayor.

Mike Zwirko is interested and preparing the groundwork for running for Mayor. The Charter review is a first formal step. Julie versus Mike would be an interesting Mayoral contest.

Z has about as few actual qualifications as RD did when he ran. A total douchy politician who will say anything if it gets him what he wants. If that's the best that this burb can come up with, then it gets what it deserves.

Impeach Dolan for the sake of the money that has to be paid out for years. I have lived in Melrose for over 40 years. This is the most money the city will have ever had to pay out for legal fees in years. The Mayor can fire or let go CT and chooses not to. CT should also be liable for the disgrace she has done in the school department. So jump on board the next election I am sure Dolan is done!

Impeach Dolan
Impeach Dolan for the sake of the money that has to be paid out for years. I have lived in Melrose for over 40 years. This is the most money the city will have ever had to pay out for legal fees in years. The Mayor can fire or let go CT and chooses not to. CT should also be liable for the disgrace she has done in the school department. So jump on board the next election I am sure Dolan is done!

Just to correct you - Mayor Dolan can't fire CT - only the school committee can - and since they are all "in bed together" - nothing will happen to her! As the saying goes, "power corrupts - absolute power corrupts absolutely"!

Impeach Dolan#2
Just to correct you - Mayor Dolan can't fire CT - only the school committee can - and since they are all "in bed together" - nothing will happen to her! As the saying goes, "power corrupts - absolute power corrupts absolutely"!

They're all in bed together. Are they using public money to fund that orgy?

In Bed Together
Impeach Dolan#2

Of course - compliments of the Board of Aldermen - who "see no evil, hear no evil - speak no evil"! Legally - we call that complicit

In Bed Together
Impeach Dolan#2

They learned how to do it from the DCR people.

DCR
In Bed Together
Impeach Dolan#2

Why are they repaving Lynn Fells Parkway? It was in perfect condition and recently freshly painted. Tax payers money is always wasted. They could have used this money to pay for a crossing guard at the Middle School but instead decided to repave a road in perfect condition. Thanks a lot.

Speaking of DCR
DCR
In Bed Together
Impeach Dolan#2

Why are they repaving Lynn Fells Parkway? It was in perfect condition and recently freshly painted. Tax payers money is always wasted. They could have used this money to pay for a crossing guard at the Middle School but instead decided to repave a road in perfect condition. Thanks a lot.
Perhaps they get thousands in kickbacks from contractors receiving millions of dollars paving roads but not so much from a crossing guard getting an hourly wage.

Bait and Switch
Show Me The $ ?
Show Me The $ ?

The fact remains that an Officer will have to be seriously injured or hurt for them to start pouring money into that department. Remember when Fire Fighter Neil Sullivan lost his leg an accident (bad/old equipment). Within' months, they had new trucks and new equipment. This city has always been reactive instead of proactive. Don't see this changing anytime soon.

Mayor Dolan, was to spend money on the city side not the schools what happened? He was so mad a CT for all the law suits she has caused in Melrose schools. Police need more men for the way the world is wake up Dolan!

Whatever happened with the committe to review public safety buildings announced in last January's Inaguration Address? Have they ever met? Shame! All the bull**** politicians throw around about their respect and support for 1st responders ! Farce.... !!!!

I'm not saying it is a direct cause for the two fatalities recently but it couldn't hurt having more Officers not the road. Can you believe in a city our size we only have 3 patrolman working our streets. I just recently found this out first hand. Had an Officer in my neighborhood for a call and we started to talk. Nice kid, only on for a few years, and that topic came up. He said "yes sir, we only have a few guys on the street per shift." I replied asking him "what like 5 or 6?" The kid laughed and said "no sir, try 3." My jaw hit the sidewalk.

A city of 30,000 people and only 3 cops on the street? Is this the twilight zone? I think our Mayor needs to take a long hard look at our population rise and get more boys in blue on OUR streets. I've seen talk about the Fire numbers as well, and as much as a respect fire fighters they are just not as needed as the Police in our community. Fires are less and less, while crime and instances involving Police seem to be more and more. Mayor Dolan, looking at you.

Let's bond for parking spaces involving conflict of interest/Cinella family....give a pay raise to a school business manager who was a failed principal at MHS...so proud of her hire that they hide her from the MMTV camera during SC meetings...Memorial Hall/GAR is falling apart...the Cemetary is a disgrace.....we have money for portable classrooms.....in the budget....screw the police and fire.....when the MEF ers kids have alcoholic blackouts or need NARCAN...maybe one of the 3 on duty police officers may be able to help....BOA members and their families collect health insurance for life... and you wonder why people are fed up with government and might vote for a sick, narcissistic, unstable man for President....?

Folks - this isn't Somerville or Medford! Our city is less than 5 square miles, small population with a small business center - basically a suburban area. There are only certain areas within the city where most crimes are committed. We don't need a dozen cops on patrol!

Melrose resident, I hope that you don't have an emergency that requires a police officer to respond when the three officers are tied up with a domestic disturbance and a m/v accident . That's all it takes to leave the streets bare. i agree that we don't need a dozen officers on patrol, but how about a half a dozen?

flatfoot
Melrose resident, I hope that you don't have an emergency that requires a police officer to respond when the three officers are tied up with a domestic disturbance and a m/v accident . That's all it takes to leave the streets bare. i agree that we don't need a dozen officers on patrol, but how about a half a dozen?

I believe that Melrose has collaborative arrangements with surrounding communities for any additional assistance they may need in policing - just as we do for any additional fire depart help.

That's just what I need - waiting 10 minutes for a Wakefield or Stoneham cop who doesn't know the city to get to me when I need help NOW.

Not Good Enough
That's just what I need - waiting 10 minutes for a Wakefield or Stoneham cop who doesn't know the city to get to me when I need help NOW.

Get off the pot - most of these cops are very familiar with the area since they all live around here! Also, if you are so afraid of crime, get a licence to carry - almost a thousand residents have them - that should make you feel safe!

Melrose Resident
Folks - this isn't Somerville or Medford! Our city is less than 5 square miles, small population with a small business center - basically a suburban area. There are only certain areas within the city where most crimes are committed. We don't need a dozen cops on patrol!

You're right we not somerville or Medford. We are also not Lexington or Winchester. Who said anything about a dozen officers haha? All we want is a few more per shift. Not unreasonable.

Gun Owner, not surprisingly you have totally missed the point. Perhaps it's you who needs to ease up on the pot. I too live "around here", and it would take me more than 10 minutes to find Bum**** Lane in Stoneham. Maybe more to the point, the average response time by Melrose cops in Melrose is 4 to 6 minutes. How long would that be for a Wakefield cop?

BTW, I do have a LTC, and have had one for over 40 years. I'm also a vet, and spent some time shooting at people wearing black pajamas. I have no problem with that, but it's not about feeling safe, knucklehead, it's about not having to drop some scumbag junkie breaking into my house, and then dealing with the $hitstorm that follows, especially if it turns into another BLM debacle. Cops get paid for that, and I'd rather avoid it, thanks very much.

Melrose resident, typical fool. Someone is breaking into my house! Hold on sir we will contact a few stoneham officers (only 2 on the street per shift, wakefield has 3) they'll be there in 15! Anyone who is against a few more cops on the street is either a dipstick or in denial.

Not Good Enough
Gun Owner, not surprisingly you have totally missed the point. Perhaps it's you who needs to ease up on the pot. I too live "around here", and it would take me more than 10 minutes to find Bum**** Lane in Stoneham. Maybe more to the point, the average response time by Melrose cops in Melrose is 4 to 6 minutes. How long would that be for a Wakefield cop?

BTW, I do have a LTC, and have had one for over 40 years. I'm also a vet, and spent some time shooting at people wearing black pajamas. I have no problem with that, but it's not about feeling safe, knucklehead, it's about not having to drop some scumbag junkie breaking into my house, and then dealing with the $hitstorm that follows, especially if it turns into another BLM debacle. Cops get paid for that, and I'd rather avoid it, thanks very much.

Best post in this entire thread. Everything you said is spot on.

Yup. But remember, first we have to deal with the important stuff, like whether Board of Aldermen is politically correct, and that foolishness from the one person of all of us who should know better.

Maybe
Not Good Enough

Best post in this entire thread. Everything you said is spot on.

Bunch of wimps! Here is a vet that went to Vietnam and is afraid of sticking up for his rights as a homeowner? You have rights in this country - Vet! The right to carry and the right to use it for self and family protection - let NO ONE take that away from you - and if you want to wait until the police come and protect you and your family - you might be dead by then - dead-wrong!

We need a few more officers, I agree.

Wimps!
Bunch of wimps! Here is a vet that went to Vietnam and is afraid of sticking up for his rights as a homeowner? You have rights in this country - Vet! The right to carry and the right to use it for self and family protection - let NO ONE take that away from you - and if you want to wait until the police come and protect you and your family - you might be dead by then - dead-wrong!

You must be a MHS graduate, because your reading comprehension skills are non-existent.
He didn't say he was afraid of sticking up for his rights. He said he's prefer not to have to deal with the aftermath, thanks to all the PC bull****. For example, if he shoots a breaker before the breaker is actually inside the house, he's charged with murder. If he shoots while the breaker is in the house, he has to prove he was unable to "flee". This is Massachusetts, remember, where speedbump's and boatboy's rights are more important than his. If you're going to shoot your mouth off, you really ought to know what you're talking about, because you for sure don't seem to know the law.

What A Freaking Moron
Wimps!

You must be a MHS graduate, because your reading comprehension skills are non-existent.
He didn't say he was afraid of sticking up for his rights. He said he's prefer not to have to deal with the aftermath, thanks to all the PC bull****. For example, if he shoots a breaker before the breaker is actually inside the house, he's charged with murder. If he shoots while the breaker is in the house, he has to prove he was unable to "flee". This is Massachusetts, remember, where speedbump's and boatboy's rights are more important than his. If you're going to shoot your mouth off, you really ought to know what you're talking about, because you for sure don't seem to know the law.

Here is the Mass State Law:
Section 8A. In the prosecution of a person who is an occupant of a dwelling charged with killing or injuring one who was unlawfully in said dwelling, it shall be a defense that the occupant was in his dwelling at the time of the offense and that he acted in the reasonable belief that the person unlawfully in said dwelling was about to inflict great bodily injury or death upon said occupant or upon another person lawfully in said dwelling, and that said occupant used reasonable means to defend himself or such other person lawfully in said dwelling. There shall be no duty on said occupant to retreat from such person unlawfully in said dwelling.

There is great flexibility in the law - it's the dead man's word against yours and you will win every time - if done properly! Defend yourself and your family and don't depend on the cops getting there in time - it rarely happens!

Wimps!
it shall be a defense that the occupant was in his dwelling at the time of the offense and that he acted in the reasonable belief that the person unlawfully in said dwelling was about to inflict great bodily injury or death upon said occupant or upon another person lawfully in said dwelling, and that said occupant used reasonable means to defend himself or such other person lawfully in said dwelling.

Read it closely. What it really says is that you could be charged with it - "it shall be a defense" - and you would have to show at trial that you were about to suffer great bodily injury or death and that the response was proportionate to the threat. In other words, you could be caught up in the ****storm even if you did everything exactly right, especially if those BLM nitwits or some other goody twoshoes PC correct gaggle of idiots sink their fangs into it. As a prior poster said, this is Massachusetts. You really want to trust your future to the halfwits who run this state? I don't blame him at all for not wanting to hang his hat on their judgement.

Think About It
Wimps!
it shall be a defense that the occupant was in his dwelling at the time of the offense and that he acted in the reasonable belief that the person unlawfully in said dwelling was about to inflict great bodily injury or death upon said occupant or upon another person lawfully in said dwelling, and that said occupant used reasonable means to defend himself or such other person lawfully in said dwelling.

Read it closely. What it really says is that you could be charged with it - "it shall be a defense" - and you would have to show at trial that you were about to suffer great bodily injury or death and that the response was proportionate to the threat. In other words, you could be caught up in the ****storm even if you did everything exactly right, especially if those BLM nitwits or some other goody twoshoes PC correct gaggle of idiots sink their fangs into it. As a prior poster said, this is Massachusetts. You really want to trust your future to the halfwits who run this state? I don't blame him at all for not wanting to hang his hat on their judgement.

Here is a suggestion - stop voting for those liberal Democrats and then maybe we can get some laws that protect the citizens of this state! The current Democratic state legislature leadership think that any American citizen who owns a gun is a criminal while they allow all the illegal immigrant criminals to hide in sanctuary cities in the state! Ludicrous - absolutely ludicrous!

Not Good Enough
BTW, I do have a LTC, and have had one for over 40 years. I'm also a vet, and spent some time shooting at people wearing black pajamas.....

Note to self: Do not let kids go out on Halloween night dressed in black pajamas...

Get out and vote to really change our country. Obama did nothing for this country and the Clintons just robbed us. Trump and Pence are for Law and Order that's what I like.

It's all being paid out on retreats, payoffs and legal...that's if course if you're speaking about the budget. Now if you're speaking about the slush fund...