Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders published by the American Psychiatric Association lists 12 criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

1. Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance.

2. Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it.

3. Exaggerating your achievements and talents.

4. Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.

5. Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people.

6. Requiring constant admiration.

7. Having a sense of entitlement.

8. Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations.

9. Taking advantage of others to get what you want.

10. Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others.

11. Being envious of others and believing others envy you.

12. Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner.

Does anyone come to mind?

Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101

Of course, unfortunately too many come to mind, living in Melrose.
Start with too many of the local pols and certainly the top brass of the school district. Move through the feeding chain and first up is the local band director.

Start with that sexual predator running for president. Good question: "Is a whole nation [or locally, a whole town] sucked into complicity with a [or many] narcissistic abuser?"

This was on the other link, but entirely relevant, unfortunately:

Concerned Citizen
Oct 10, 2016 - 10:38AM
RNC's DT, Gaslighting Abuser, Malignant Narcissist: astute analysis of fake apology

https://mobile.twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/784614267383386112
Oct 7
🌈 ‏@leahmcelrath
I'm just going to set this here. It's Trump's "apology" video statement. https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157844642270725&id=153080620724&_rdr …
Trump's statement is an eerie replica of psychological manipulations made by abusers after episodes of abuse. Let's break it down.
9:39 PM - 7 Oct 2016

1. "I'm not perfect" = you're expectations I behave like a human being are unreasonable pic.twitter.com/Tzh26Bohwk

2. "I've never pretended to be someone I'm not" = you fell in love with me so it's your fault pic.twitter.com/ans0HG5bhV

3. "this more than decade old video" = it was a long time ago, why the fuss? you're so unreasonable. pic.twitter.com/wFQyTOAo7S

4. "these words do not reflect who I am" = the reality you just experienced didn't actually happen (gaslighting) pic.twitter.com/8nuT9d9Hl6

The JBX ‏@JimbauxsJournal
@leahmcelrath He wants us to think that this is a bug, when there's overwhelming evidence that it is a feature.

5. "I said it...I apologize" = get over it already, I *said* I'm sorry, you're being hysterical pic.twitter.com/mZ5dwpAnbd

6. "I've...my...me...I...I've...me...I...I..." = it's all about me; your needs, feelings, existence don't matter pic.twitter.com/ZfvcdRlXch

7. "grieving mothers...laid off workers..." = what are you complaining about? you have it good compared to others pic.twitter.com/HqgJ2zdWy9

8. "I pledge to be a better man tomorrow & will never let you down" = I'm sorry I hit you, it'll never happen again pic.twitter.com/8YHNpl7DMO

9. "Let's be honest" = you're not being honest pic.twitter.com/OIMVutn0mx

10. "We're living in the real world" = I'm sane and you're crazy pic.twitter.com/1FKhc8Ekq6

11. "This is nothing more than a distraction from the important issues" = see what you did?! this is all your fault! pic.twitter.com/QTZy0VIJK6

12. "we are less safe...Hillary..." = if you only held up your end of the relationship, I wouldn't have to hurt you pic.twitter.com/xr4zsK2b7w

13. "I've said some foolish things, but..." = you're being hysterical over nothing again, you're so crazy pic.twitter.com/n49aGoUJaI

14. "actually abused" = the abuse you experienced wasn't *really* abuse pic.twitter.com/rslMQ6sPm6

15. "We will discuss this more...See you...on Sunday" = I'm in control here, not you (with menacing implied threat) pic.twitter.com/MkpLTllNwy

Trump ends his statement of "apology" for bragging about sexually assaulting women w a promise to attack yet another woman more viciously.

I don't know who really wrote Trump's "apology" but it's hard to imagine a worse one and his delivery was...lacking. pic.twitter.com/PKmGN3MDC9

Still shaking my head: People really thought Trump might withdraw in his video statement. HE DOESN'T THINK HE DID ANYTHING WRONG.

Malignant narcissists like Trump NEVER NEVER NEVER admit to themselves or anyone else that they are at fault. They lack the capacity.

@leahmcelrath I hope a lot of people read your breakdown of the psychology of abuse embedded in Trump's speech, classic abuser language.

@leahmcelrath Is a whole nation sucked into complicity with a narcissistic abuser?

@leahmcelrath Guess after he gave this statement it is a cue for all his supporters to bow down at his feet! #NeverTrump

@leahmcelrath this is exactly what he is. His gaslighting & other typical of abusers behavior is not going unnoticed, i think. It's awful

@harriekd The one good thing is that his behaviors are being called out by many.

@leahmcelrath increasingly, I think. I just hope people are listening. I think the problem is the people who support him just don't care

"Whether Trump wins, loses or loses big, he has empowered fascists, racists and bigots. He did not create them, but he has legitimized them by becoming the nominee and openly expressing their heinous, hateful beliefs. This, to me, is one of the most frightening developments on a domestic level in the U.S. this election cycle. Trump may go away, but the people he has empowered will not."

The DNC and RNC can claim equal responsibility for the debauchery in our American political system and for the failed system of education that is so obvious to the rest of the world. Education is key to all of it, and that system has been handed over to the corrupt system of Corporate Oligarchy.

Trump is the answer to their prayers. The perfect recruiting tool for Isis and an easy to manipulate politician who also has business interests in Russia.

RD is the perfect narcissistic fool tool for CT, who has him over many barrels (increasing every time he gives her a good/great evaluation, which she can use in a lawsuit) just as CT (and her incompetent narcissist underling administrators) is the perfect tool for a consummate narcissist like MR who knows just how to manipulate and use her even when he's been such a bad boy that anyplace else his misconduct would have gotten him fired and sued.

The sickness in Melrose is a microcosm of the national evils, so corrupt, so damaging long-term, eroding all from within and unleashing all the worst.

And this is why we need to turn the political establishment upside down and do REAL change - and I'm sorry to have to give you all the truth - Hillary ain't it! You can all slander Trump for all his faults - but when you come right down to it - Hillary when she was in all those high government jobs for years played us all for fools - and here you all are ready to give her another opportunity to play you for fools - shame on you!

Keeping this local:

+ Margaret Driscoll for every trait across the board

+ Jesicca Dugan the grasping sour puss pretend hippie

+ The bobble head sycophant McAllister-Grande

Others will say Dolan, Taymore, Grover, White-Lambert, etc. with good reason but the 3 above should not be overlooked.

Where Do I Start
Keeping this local:

+ Margaret Driscoll for every trait across the board

+ Jesicca Dugan the grasping sour puss pretend hippie

+ The bobble head sycophant McAllister-Grande

Others will say Dolan, Taymore, Grover, White-Lambert, etc. with good reason but the 3 above should not be overlooked.

Absolutely those 3. Matt Stick waiver fits all criteria and like MD is a true menace, causing harm every single day he's allowed to stay employed here. JD joins CT, MD, CC, LDS, PWL, MA in being a total charlatan, mouthing education expertise that none have, but that the MEFfies worship in their total foolishness and ignorance. EOC isn't even worth discussing he's so low on every scale. JMG is a bobbing fraud. RD, the self-proclaimed "education expert" is monstrous in the harm he's already caused and has many scandals hidden away that are bound to bring further shame to the community as they inevitably leak out. It's a real star-studded line-up. Honestly it is normally more difficult to find so many with such mutant and dangerous characteristics all clustered in one administration. But they now define MPS and all those who persist in supporting this trainwreck.

I hoped Liz DeSelm & Ed would be more independent.

Both come to the SC from non-traditional private lives so I thought that would give them hard won perspective and more importantly, courage, to stand up to the crowd. They could review the documents, ask questions, analyze & try to make a positive difference. It's not rocket science.

You are not @ school

Both come to the SC from non-traditional private lives so I thought that would give them hard won perspective and more importantly, courage, to stand up to the crowd. They could review the documents, ask questions, analyze & try to make a positive difference. It's not rocket science.

Quite the contrary - it is too profound for them to understand what their true function is on the school committee - kids first - politics and personal interests last!

Melrose Resident
You are not @ school

Quite the contrary - it is too profound for them to understand what their true function is on the school committee - kids first - politics and personal interests last!

I think I understand what you're saying about priorities.
You are correct!

I meant that for very different reasons, one I personally support and one for criminal activity that I don't, that they are outliers in society so both should be familiar with heightened attention and by now, both should be comfortable standing out.

Since both obviously want to be on the SC, then it would be appreciated IF they would stand UP and make a difference for our kids. They have nothing to lose. Neither one is a cookie cutter suburbanite nor will ever be.

They could be the shake up that is needed for our school community. Show some spirit!

*bobble head McAllister Grande showed NO promise since her platform was supporting what the mayor does and having her husband write a letter in support of her to the newspaper. She does not comprehend municipal finance nor has the ability to learn.

DeSelm and Ed understand math.

Isis and Putin love Trump
Trump is the answer to their prayers. The perfect recruiting tool for Isis and an easy to manipulate politician who also has business interests in Russia.

You have to be talking about the Clinton's that robbed this country blind. Hillary stole stuff from the White House. The only way they got it back was to shame her in the media with the story. So if that crook could do that what else did she do or is going to do. Trump is telling us what hes going to do. Hillary is very secretive with the same old things she was to do but forgot. The blacks she yeses them to death and tells them to come back in four years. More years of Obama that's what the people want she will do nothing as always.

Who are we talking about here? CT BC MA PWL RD MD MM MF SF CB? Answer? All of the above.