1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question 2

Voting no.

union
Union is out there night and day because they will lose $$$$! Vote YES on question 2, union for teachers and secretaries do nothing anymore.

It's all about the money they don't care about your children. If your in trouble in school the union can't hear your complaint till after the election. I pay my dues and if I am in trouble with one of these a$$hole principals you need to attended to the matter.

If you genuinely care about the overall education of all Massachusetts children vote YES. If protecting teachers is your primary care vote No.

Voting no.

Voting NO and it has nothing to do with teachers or unions. Charters don't have to educate every student but are a "public" school. Sorry, but you can't act like a private school with taxpayer dollars. That's why I'm voting no.

Mel
If you genuinely care about the overall education of all Massachusetts children vote YES. If protecting teachers is your primary care vote No.

I do genuinely care about the overall education of ALL Massachusetts children. That's why I'll be voting no.

1 - No
2 - No
3 - Yes
4 - Yes

yes no yes yes

Voting no has everything to do with teacher unions. And granted, Melrose and a lot of towns are fortunate to have fairly decent systems but voting yes won't effect us much at all. Voting yes will help some cities withless than satisfactory systems. The unions in these cities DO NOT have the best interest of the children at hand.

Mel
Voting no has everything to do with teacher unions. And granted, Melrose and a lot of towns are fortunate to have fairly decent systems but voting yes won't effect us much at all. Voting yes will help some cities withless than satisfactory systems. The unions in these cities DO NOT have the best interest of the children at hand.

Good point! As was noted previously - any extra charter schools which may be added will be in districts which need them such as inner urban cities not Melrose - according to the existing formulas - they are currently max'd out for the number of charters allowed. Melrose and other suburban school districts don't have to worry about any increase due to this referendum since we are not max'd out yet - therefore this ballot question has absolutely no impact on us. I want inner urban city kids to have a shot at a good education since this will help make them be financially independent and less dependent on government and that is good for all of us - voting no just doesn't make any sense if you care about the education of our children!

There is no such thing as separate but equal. We simply should concentrate on improving the public schools and move away from the charter school concept. Having a more limited version of unions is something that should be considered to give the public schools more flexibility to get the best teachers and remove those that are in the wrong vocation.

Isn't voting for Q2 the ultimate slap in the face to the SC? Rather give the $ to charters than you!

The ONLY reason the MTA is against the Charter schools is they can't collect exherbatant dues. Don't kid yourself. Choices should be left open. Especially in racist Melrose.

MBM didn't take in a asst principal as the Lincoln did. Why you ask when the school qualifies and who couldn't use the extra help? She does want first hand knowledge out from an administrator how incompetent she is. And a huge LIAR, LIAR, LIAR.

ES was so great when it started. Now it's all about the money and nastiness. Amanda's great!!!!!! Dr. J. not a bad person or Mrs. K. but they can be handled too by CT. Hey get some ethics. D. SM. is a complete nasty butch bit¢h. who relishes in firing people. Her employees saying she F**king sucks and if everyone asks who they all says D. She has no personality. ES has gone way down hill. Healthy snacks, nope. Used to be juice, now water, when its even stocked in. Used to be cut up fruit and carrots with dip. Gone are those days. Don't be fooled. It sucks. This is no reflection on lower staff who do the best they can under this crumbling system. Not worth the money.

Melrose Resident
Mel

Good point! As was noted previously - any extra charter schools which may be added will be in districts which need them such as inner urban cities not Melrose - according to the existing formulas - they are currently max'd out for the number of charters allowed. Melrose and other suburban school districts don't have to worry about any increase due to this referendum since we are not max'd out yet - therefore this ballot question has absolutely no impact on us. I want inner urban city kids to have a shot at a good education since this will help make them be financially independent and less dependent on government and that is good for all of us - voting no just doesn't make any sense if you care about the education of our children!

So nice that you are advocating for "inner urban city kids". So you propose that a winning Charter lottery ticket be a child's only chance at long term financial independence??? What will happen to the inner urban city kids that don't get picked in a Charter school lottery? Those poor unlucky kids that have to remain in the public school? And what should happen to the inner urban public schools in the long term? Wake up - all these questions need to be answered before Charters are increased.

The public schools have had ample money and infusion of federal and state monies to improve and have failed! That is evident to anyone who knows anything about this situation - charter schools - even by lottery - is a way for some of these kids - and increasing the number of charters - them gives them a better chance at future success.

You only need to look at Lowell, Fitchburg, Lawrence, and Boston to fully grasp the depths of failure to realize that another alternative is needed - sure improve the governance of charter schools - but increase them as an alternative to failed public schools. Better yet - get the unions out of education!

Have all you pro Question 2 people completely forgotten about Chapter 70 and how totally screwed up the formula is? Before you come to me with any more brilliant ideas, fix Chapter 70. Then come talk to me. Anyone who expect the government to properly put together and administer a program like this is an idiot who has learned nothing from history.

Local schools have had their chance. If they haven't improved by now, they never will. Charter schools although far from perfect are at least offering an alternative for parents that can't afford private schools.

I am tired of the you need to accept the Melrose schools for what they are approach. Two hundred + students have voted with their feet and want no part of MPS. The number of families dissatisfied with their local schools are even higher in other communities. This expansion request is so more students can make the choice to leave their failing school system.

All the talk about how charter schools don't accept everyone is actually an argument for YES on Question 2. Charter schools cannot accept everyone right now because there aren't enough seats available. Question 2 wants to add more seats.

Look at the public figures that are against Question 2. School Committees, teachers unions, the mayor of Melrose. People that don't want to lose CONTROL over education. It's a power play.

Margaret Driscoll bleats about "no local oversight." Ha. Ha. You mean no Margaret Driscoll oversight.

Sorry. Not everybody wants you, your reprehensible norms, your super Taymore or the self-appointed education expert involved with their child's education.

OAN, I hope MPS isn't accepting money from the state for the homeschooled children. Pretending they are still in MPS because they come in for a few days MCAS testing. Accurate records need to kept.

Vote YES on all the questions. Thank You!

No not for teachers
Voting NO and it has nothing to do with teachers or unions. Charters don't have to educate every student but are a "public" school. Sorry, but you can't act like a private school with taxpayer dollars. That's why I'm voting no.

Really? Well, then why has every email from my union president since the start of the school year been about getting us to "get the word out" and "defeat the charter schools"? Nothing to do with the unions? Oh yeah, sure.
I am a public school teacher voting yes. When my school system, along with the rest of them, can show the public that we can manage the budget we have, educate the students we have, and be held accountable for our teaching, then charters won't matter.

HA!
No not for teachers

Really? Well, then why has every email from my union president since the start of the school year been about getting us to "get the word out" and "defeat the charter schools"? Nothing to do with the unions? Oh yeah, sure.
I am a public school teacher voting yes. When my school system, along with the rest of them, can show the public that we can manage the budget we have, educate the students we have, and be held accountable for our teaching, then charters won't matter.

I'm a union President in Melrose. I am voting yes as well. With the way our school system is being run into the ground, all the racial bias and retaliation we need choices. I can tell you first hand how God-awful corrupt MPS is and morally bankrupt. I did not contact not one of my members. Let them make up their own mind on this one. Normally I agree with and stand by the unions but in this case I cannot .

"I'm a union President in Melrose. I am voting yes as well. With the way our school system is being run into the ground, all the racial bias and retaliation we need choices. I can tell you first hand how God-awful corrupt MPS is and morally bankrupt. I did not contact not one of my members. Let them make up their own mind on this one. Normally I agree with and stand by the unions but in this case I cannot ."

Absolutely agree. In light of the despicable conduct by non-leadership of MPS, will absolutely vote Yes on 2 even though I fully agree that the funding formula is flawed and there is little to no accountability from the charters, especially MValley, which epitomizes the worst behavior. Given the abhorent conduct and track record of those in charge in Melrose, there is every reason to recommend the only public alternative, the charter schools. Given that the last two Melrose teacher's union presidents were well-known individuals of poor character who cost this city untold sums of money and irreparable damage to the education of students and the reputation of the district (and city), there is zero reason to obey the union mandate about Question 2. There is zero reason to expect that the MPS would do anything better with the $2 million that goes to MValley other than to use it to pay the legal fees and hidden settlement charges for their illegal conduct or further inflate the administrators' salaries and expense accounts (i.e., travel to high-end hotels for conferences that bring virtually nothing back to the district but increased entitlement from these charlatan hacks who have promoted and allowed racism, bullying, and the general degradation of the entire educational system).

I'm willing to bet all these "pro question 2" posters ranting about MPS voted against the override. Well the joke is going to be on all of you if Question 2 passes - where do you think the $$$$$ will come to fund all these new Charters? Right...Charters are publically funded with zero public oversight.

So yes, definitely vote "yes" because of some myopic obsession with Melrose. Vote yes to "teach those Unions a lesson". Vote yes because you hate CT.

But...before you furiously fill in your little black oval, did you know that Melrose is almost at the City cap - meaning even if Mystic gets more seats, no more kids from Melrose can attend. So, funny, question 2 does nothing for Melrose. Instead, take a look at the bigger picture for MA - if Question 2 passes, taxes are going up. State taxes. You can bet on it.

Taxes, taxes, taxes
I'm willing to bet all these "pro question 2" posters ranting about MPS voted against the override. Well the joke is going to be on all of you if Question 2 passes - where do you think the $$$$$ will come to fund all these new Charters? Right...Charters are publically funded with zero public oversight.

So yes, definitely vote "yes" because of some myopic obsession with Melrose. Vote yes to "teach those Unions a lesson". Vote yes because you hate CT.

But...before you furiously fill in your little black oval, did you know that Melrose is almost at the City cap - meaning even if Mystic gets more seats, no more kids from Melrose can attend. So, funny, question 2 does nothing for Melrose. Instead, take a look at the bigger picture for MA - if Question 2 passes, taxes are going up. State taxes. You can bet on it.

Hey...Idiot! Our taxes go up every year whether the schools are good or bad - where the heck do you live - in your mom's basement apartment? Let the gown-ups vote yes ob Question #2 - can't think of a better way to send a message to all these failing schools!

So you want to send a message? Where were you the last election day when you could have sent the only message that matters at this point? The time for sending symbolic messages is long past, and would be ignored by the administration anyway. It's time for direct action, not messages.

The fact is that few Melrose kids will benefit in any way from Question 2, and we will end up paying for it anyway to some degree at least. Is keeping that money in Melrose going to make any difference here? Probably not, as long as the current administration remains. If things here weren't such a shambles, far fewer kids would opt out. That's where we ought to be directing our attention and our efforts - getting rid of the people who got us into this position.

OK, who is the idiot? Let's start with this fact - MA income tax rate hasn't increased in years - years! In fact is down from the 6% it was in the 90s.

Next, the STATE of MA holds a piece of the funding formula for Charters - not your local property taxes! Sending schools pay tuition that reflects their per pupil spending - and that can go up or down depending on the school budget.

So back to the important question - where exactly do you think the funding is going to come from for all the new Charters? The public schools aren't going to simply hang up "went out of business signs,". Because, guess what, all the kids that didn't get a winning lottery ticket or have any sort of significant IEP still need a school.

Clearly you fall in the "voting for #2 to teach a lesson". So where is the money coming from, and what is the message?

Agreed. Voting Yes on #2 is just a different way to shoot yourself in the foot.

The lack of acuity in the typical Melrose voter is sometimes staggering, which should come as no surprise given that the same incompetent fools get elected and re-elected ad infinitum. When you're standing hip deep in excrement, don't look for higher boots - look for the drain plug.

What is the message?
OK, who is the idiot? Let's start with this fact - MA income tax rate hasn't increased in years - years! In fact is down from the 6% it was in the 90s.

Next, the STATE of MA holds a piece of the funding formula for Charters - not your local property taxes! Sending schools pay tuition that reflects their per pupil spending - and that can go up or down depending on the school budget.

So back to the important question - where exactly do you think the funding is going to come from for all the new Charters? The public schools aren't going to simply hang up "went out of business signs,". Because, guess what, all the kids that didn't get a winning lottery ticket or have any sort of significant IEP still need a school.

Clearly you fall in the "voting for #2 to teach a lesson". So where is the money coming from, and what is the message?

Listen fools! The Melrose schools have been given extra of millions of dollars each year for years BEYOND what they requested and budgeted for! Please remember how Mayor Dolan pulls those financial rabbits out of his city hat each year to give the school side of the budget. Sometimes it is to pay for those wonderful teacher pay raises and step increases. Sometimes it is make up for those "structural deficits". It has even happened again for this latest budget cycle. Of course none of us can force this school administration to spend the money wisely, carefully and judiciously - that would be asking to much of them - after all we have to pay high-priced PR firms, a legion of lawyers to protect our incompetent admin staff, and of course to hire incompetent people with no experience and pay them $134K like our own M. Farrell!No sane or competent administrator would hire her for that job except our own Ms. Taymore!

You could give this school admin as much money as they want and it would not make one single difference in the educational performance of our children - that is how corrupt, incompetent, and self-serving they are including the school committee - just watch the videos of their meetings to see the lack of transparency going on!

You are completely missing the point. No one is advocating giving MPS more money. Not with this bunch of nitwits running the show. But why give a bunch of the money they do get to a charter that no Melrose kid can go to, in addition to paying even more money in state taxes to fund a bunch of new ones? If the schools weren't such a cluster f*** not as many would opt for the charter in the first place.

One more time - the major problem we have in Melrose is not the charters - it's the gang of morons running the system now. The only fix for that is to get rid of them all, because until we do, nothing is going to get any better

Really?
You are completely missing the point. No one is advocating giving MPS more money. Not with this bunch of nitwits running the show. But why give a bunch of the money they do get to a charter that no Melrose kid can go to, in addition to paying even more money in state taxes to fund a bunch of new ones? If the schools weren't such a cluster f*** not as many would opt for the charter in the first place.

One more time - the major problem we have in Melrose is not the charters - it's the gang of morons running the system now. The only fix for that is to get rid of them all, because until we do, nothing is going to get any better

O.k...I agree with you about the situation in Melrose and that is why any override would fail again - but those school admin and SC idiots do not understand the contempt and disgust much of the public has for them. BUT I would rather give kids in the poorer urban areas a CHANCE for a better opportunity for a successful life - even if it means a few dollars are missing from Melrose.

I think they understand full well the contempt and disgust. That's why they limit public participation to 5 minutes and use those ridiculous norms to stifle all opposition. I honestly think they just don't care. They are convinced they know better than anyone else, an attitude that starts with the "education expert".

I understand your sentiment, and in principle don't disagree, but I have huge problems with the funding mechanism, and I feel we should be putting all our effort into putting our own dysfunctional house in order first.

Really?
I think they understand full well the contempt and disgust. That's why they limit public participation to 5 minutes and use those ridiculous norms to stifle all opposition. I honestly think they just don't care. They are convinced they know better than anyone else, an attitude that starts with the "education expert".

I understand your sentiment, and in principle don't disagree, but I have huge problems with the funding mechanism, and I feel we should be putting all our effort into putting our own dysfunctional house in order first.

Both can happen simultaneously in theory. Although Good Luck making progress with the MPS, it can happen, even if Question 2 passes.

What is your problem with the charter school funding formula? Specifically what?

I am not coming for you or attacking you. So many say they have problems with it but never say exactly what their problem is.

YES on 2
Really?

Both can happen simultaneously in theory. Although Good Luck making progress with the MPS, it can happen, even if Question 2 passes.

What is your problem with the charter school funding formula? Specifically what?

I am not coming for you or attacking you. So many say they have problems with it but never say exactly what their problem is.

It's a complex formula they use - and is one of those things where - there are winners and losers - and our weak, feckless politicians NEVER like to be forced into situations where they have to take a stand. Don't expect them to re-visit this any time soon - it was tough enough for them the first time around.

YES on 2
Really?

First, go back to the top of this thread and read "Unfunded Mandates", which describes what is happening with the State and why our state income tax will definitely go up if Question 2 passes.

On funding: Charters receive the cost per pupil (to educate) from each of the sending districts. For example with our local Charter, if it costs $11,000 per pupil in Melrose and $13,000 per pupil in Malden, $14,000 in Stoneham etc. that is what the Charter receives - not a flat rate per student.

However, it only costs the Charter $5,500 (approx.) to educate because they do not have many of the costs associated with public schools (high-end special education, unions, pensions, etc.). The Charter may do what it likes with the remainder of the $ - however it does not have to disclose ANY of it to the public. Yet the funding is with taxpayer dollars.

Many people have a problem with unions and other garbage that weighs down public schools. However, all of the garbage can be looked up with the click of a button on the town/city website under "BUDGET". You can vote in SC and City elections to try fix this - or, say vote down an override...

Not true with Charters. If you believe public schools could "learn a lesson" from Charters, how can this happen without sharing of information? And don't you think the public should have some insight into what is happening with public tax $$$? Those are some of the issues with the funding model.

[/quote]

First, go back to the top of this thread and read "Unfunded Mandates", which describes what is happening with the State and why our state income tax will definitely go up if Question 2 passes.

On funding: Charters receive the cost per pupil (to educate) from each of the sending districts. For example with our local Charter, if it costs $11,000 per pupil in Melrose and $13,000 per pupil in Malden, $14,000 in Stoneham etc. that is what the Charter receives - not a flat rate per student.

However, it only costs the Charter $5,500 (approx.) to educate because they do not have many of the costs associated with public schools (high-end special education, unions, pensions, etc.). The Charter may do what it likes with the remainder of the $ - however it does not have to disclose ANY of it to the public. Yet the funding is with taxpayer dollars.

Many people have a problem with unions and other garbage that weighs down public schools. However, all of the garbage can be looked up with the click of a button on the town/city website under "BUDGET". You can vote in SC and City elections to try fix this - or, say vote down an override...

Not true with Charters. If you believe public schools could "learn a lesson" from Charters, how can this happen without sharing of information? And don't you think the public should have some insight into what is happening with public tax $$$? Those are some of the issues with the funding model.[/quote]

Let's be completely honest here! The city does get some financial reimbursements for each student lost - it's not that they get no money back from the state. Granted - this amount may change depending on the funding for this state account- which can last up to 6 years.

Also, parents should have a choice as to what schools they want their kids to go to - charter schools have special programs that public schools don't have and some parents want to take advantage of them. If public schools do a good job and pay attention to the needs of the parents and students - there would not be not issue here. The problem is - Melrose has serious senior school admin issues - and these show up as OCR complaints,threats to parents when parents demand more of the schools, and a city administration that supports law suits against parents who want more from their school system. Correct those deficiencies - and most of those kids in charter schools return to the MPS!

Formula

Not true with Charters. If you believe public schools could "learn a lesson" from Charters, how can this happen without sharing of information? And don't you think the public should have some insight into what is happening with public tax $$$? Those are some of the issues with the funding model.

Thanks for posting that. You've pretty much exactly described what my problem is with the funding. Go back and look through all the real estate transactions MV has made in recent years, all made without any oversight or control of anyone except MV. They've built their own little fiefdom there without any accountability whatsoever, and they're using our tax dollars to do it.

Wow...sounds like Really is very jealous of charter independence! I have a suggestion for you - go try to find out what is going on with the money the city spends on the schools and other such things - you will get stonewalled, chastised for wanting to know, or ask to spend $10,000 for copies of records! They hide everything in MUNIS cost centers that no one can make any sense of them!

If the charter schools were not producing good results - parents would not be lining up to participate in the lottery if they were not producing the results the parents are looking for - word gets around quickly - like in the Melrose public schools - where many parents are NOT satisfied with results! Nothing like good old competition to get things improved!

Melrose Resident, AKA Charter School Parent, are you being deliberately obtuse? Why do you characterize the poster's concern for the lack of fairness and accountability in charter funding as jealousy when he clearly acknowledges that the MPS system is a mess?

Really?
If the schools weren't such a cluster f*** not as many would opt for the charter in the first place. The major problem we have in Melrose is the gang of morons running the system now. The only fix for that is to get rid of them all, because until we do, nothing is going to get any better.

The MPS system is a disaster. The charter funding formula is seriously flawed. Two separate issues. What part of that do you not understand?

o.k....saying that both issues are different we can agree on - on one we can exert much influence - in the case of Melrose since we are all tax paying residents and vote - although most won't even take the time or effort to understand the school issues. While the other one involving charter reform - we have little or no control over!

We need many people to run for school committee who care more about ALL the students rather than their own self-serving needs. Honestly, I don't see this happening any time soon. We lost the only person who really cared about ALL the students, transparency in their deliberations, and the pursuit of educational excellence when CKK resigned! If she couldn't stand working with this bunch of self-serving, arrogant, authoritarian group - who the heck would? This is indeed a sad situation for the MPS - Margaret Driscoll has been a disaster for the SC and until she resigns or stops running - I don't honestly see anyone good running again! Sad - very sad!

Please!
Melrose Resident, AKA Charter School Parent, are you being deliberately obtuse? Why do you characterize the poster's concern for the lack of fairness and accountability in charter funding as jealousy when he clearly acknowledges that the MPS system is a mess?

Really?
If the schools weren't such a cluster f*** not as many would opt for the charter in the first place. The major problem we have in Melrose is the gang of morons running the system now. The only fix for that is to get rid of them all, because until we do, nothing is going to get any better.

The MPS system is a disaster. The charter funding formula is seriously flawed. Two separate issues. What part of that do you not understand?

Well said. And I would add that you can "like" Charters and be happy with the "results" if your children attend one - but at the same time still recognize that the larger funding model is flawed.

It's quite surprising that families attending a Charter are OK with the complete lack of transparency. The majority who do not attend, but fund Charters through their property taxes, would like this addressed before we add more.

Melrose Resident
While the other one involving charter reform - we have little or no control over!

Wrong. We do, at this point, have some measure of control. We can vote No on 2 and let them know that until they fix the funding debacle, there won't be any more charters.

Please!
Melrose Resident
While the other one involving charter reform - we have little or no control over!

Wrong. We do, at this point, have some measure of control. We can vote No on 2 and let them know that until they fix the funding debacle, there won't be any more charters.

And hurt many kids who need this educational opportunity? Nice person you are - think of yourself and forget the kids that actually need the help - in failing schools located in urban, inner cities.

You just can't help yourself, can you? The poster(s) wants to put a stop to an unfair and fiscally unsustainable funding scam - and it is a scam when they get more than twice the money from a sending district than it's cost them to educate that student - and you again resort to personal insults because you know you can't dispute the facts. Our first responsibility - and our most important one - is to the kids of Melrose. Yet you choose to behave like another left-wing liberal nutbag with a diaper rash.

Melrose Resident
Nice person you are - think of yourself and forget the kids that actually need the help.

I've got a news flash for you airhead - the kids that need help are right here in Melrose. How about we solve our own problems before we go trying to solve everybody else's?

What seems to be confusing people is the "spend down to the last cent" model of city government, especially the schools & the ability to actually manage funds appropriately.

Charter schools are given latitude in how they spend. They are still required to be accountable & they file reports with the state each year dislosing their financials.

MV posts their annual report on their public website & it includes its financials. Saying they aren't transparent isn't true. They are no less transparent than the Melrose School Committee. Take from that what you will.

Charter schools are responsible for every element of their school. Parking lot pavement replacing? Snow removal? Need for extra class space? The singular charter school budget needs to cover it.

There is no mayor bonding trailers or learning commons. There is no city funded/tax payer funded DPW landscaping, paving, plowing, etc.

MPS doesn't have to worry about many logistics that a charter school has to fund. MPS receives the money they receive from the state & the Melrose tax payers via the city and they spend d-o-w-n to the last penney each year.

Do not believe the stories the Melrose School Committee, the superintendent & the mayor tell you. These are scare tactics designed to make you satisfied with what you're getting and grateful to get that.

I'm not confused, and I don't believe anything either the Mayor or the SC spew. The fact remains that 1: the funding formula is seriously flawed, and 2. there are enough problems existing in Melrose that affect our own kids to keep us busy for 10 years trying to fix them. As another poster said, first we must "put our own house in order". If we do that not so many Melrose kids will choose a charter. Fix Melrose, fix the funding formula, then talk to me about more charters. Voting no on 2.

No on 2
I'm not confused, and I don't believe anything either the Mayor or the SC spew. The fact remains that 1: the funding formula is seriously flawed, and 2. there are enough problems existing in Melrose that affect our own kids to keep us busy for 10 years trying to fix them. As another poster said, first we must "put our own house in order". If we do that not so many Melrose kids will choose a charter. Fix Melrose, fix the funding formula, then talk to me about more charters. Voting no on 2.

Typical parochial thinking! This person doesn't believe anything that the Mayor or SC say yet thinks that we the residents can change these things - by giving them more money, by not challenging them to be better, and by not allowing parents to choose other alternatives! What kind of myopic, narrow-minded person would be so gullible to believe this crap? I'll tell you - a delusional person - a self-serving person - gosh - we have enough of these people on the SC! YOU ARE CONFUSED!

More typical Melrose bull$hit. So I'm myopic, narrow-minded, gullible, delusional, and self-serving am I? This is what you get from the typical Melrose resident who resorts to this kind of garbage when they can't argue the facts. 1. Melrose is at it's enrollment limit at MV. 2. The funding formula is seriously flawed. 3. None of the proposed new charters will accept any Melrose students, but they will gladly take Melrose money in the form of state tax increases, which, BTW, I won't pay a dime of since I am a retired municipal employee and I'm exempt from state income tax. I'm advocating for the kids of Melrose, and trying to save YOU money, airhead.

We can change things - not by giving our local "education experts" more money to squander, but by getting rid of them altogether. It would probably help if you took a reading comprehension course. If you can manage for a minute to pull your head out of your a$$, show me where I advocated giving them more money. And as far as challenging "them" to be better - we're way past that. They have clearly demonstrated, as have you, that they and you are incapable of anything better. Voting no on 2.

This topic vote no chapter 2 has become a battle between two posters
without much insight.

[:-|]

To No on 2-You are very naive. Do you really think you'll throw them all out and change the system. It doesn't happen that way. If Question 2 is defeated it just gives the "same old same old" more power. They, and I mean the teachers unions and
education department need to constantly be challenged. They never improve voluntarily. Competition is the only way they change.

1 2 3