Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vote for Pot - I need it!

Hey - man...nothing wrong with a few joints in the am and pm....don't be selfish and vote no on question #4 or is it #3 - can't remember since I am smoking a joint now! Please don't worry about the effects of smoking pot - there are only a few problems with it - and I can handle them - I wouldn't lie about it - much!

I seldom drive when I am wasted - and even when I do - I drive slowly so if I do hit someone - won't hurt them much! And don't believe what they say that young people on pot don't have much ambition or lack a drive for success! I am a fine example of the positive effects of pot on a young person - I went to high school and finally graduated at 20 - went to a community college and did the best I could but it was hard staying awake to study and they had all those requirements like study, take tests, and get c's! Didn't last long there - but hey - we all have setbacks in life.

And now I can say that I am on my way to a full recovery back to living a normal life on pot - I am in rahab, have a great room in my dad's basement, occasionally go for a walk when not stoned out of my mind - can honestly say that I am making progress and if the law passes - I can finally grow my own pot with the money the state gives me for my disability! Life may not be perfect for me - but heck - it beats working 9 to 5 - and by the way - thanks for all your financial support over the years - it has made a difference in my life - as you can see!

Vote yes on question 4 or 3 or whatever that number is!

Re: Vote for Pot - I need it!

Voted yes across the ballot and Trump for a better America. Obama sucked and Hillary will be the same but, worse.

I once tried some pot at a friend's house and could hardly walk home until I discovered I had on leg on the curb and one in the gutter. I said to myself , "Thank God, I thought I was a cripple".

Town Crier
I once tried some pot at a friend's house and could hardly walk home until I discovered I had on leg on the curb and one in the gutter. I said to myself , "Thank God, I thought I was a cripple".

You definitely were on pot when you wrote this message!

A Pot Head Speaks
Town Crier

Pot smoking is the same as drinking wine. Everything is in moderation.

same
A Pot Head Speaks
Town Crier

Tell moderation to the 10's of thousands of people who are killed on our highways each year because of drunk driving! Now you want to add another drug to the mix? Also - there will be no HTC level requirements in the marijuana that is sold as there is with alcohol (80 proof max) which means that people will be able to get high levels of HTC marijuana which will create overdose levels! Great idea! Drive your car at your own risk with these people driving around high on pot!

I still want to know what HTC is.

BTW, Bacardi makes a rum that is 151 proof.

It's clear you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Idiots
same
A Pot Head Speaks
Town Crier

Tell moderation to the 10's of thousands of people who are killed on our highways each year because of drunk driving! Now you want to add another drug to the mix? Also - there will be no HTC level requirements in the marijuana that is sold as there is with alcohol (80 proof max) which means that people will be able to get high levels of HTC marijuana which will create overdose levels! Great idea! Drive your car at your own risk with these people driving around high on pot!

Same rules apply no drinking and driving. No pot smoking and driving. Its up to the person to not drive duh...

Same Rules - you are hopeless! Hope I never bump into you - I'll know who you are because you will be the dumbest one in the group!

?
I still want to know what HTC is.

BTW, Bacardi makes a rum that is 151 proof.

It's clear you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Let's try this again - you can not buy Bacardi 151 in the US any longer - thank goodness - given the fact that it is highly inflammable.

We get your point, obviously the person means THC.

Kappys seems to carry a large variety of 151 proof alcohol:
http://www.kappys.com/main.asp?request=search&search=151

There had been some discussion of Bacardi discontinuing the item. They were not forced out of the market by any regulatory decision. Its a legal and regulated product. Just as marijuana will be. There will be new laws and technologies created to test and manage proper and improper usage and sales of this legal product.

Thomas Paine
Kappys seems to carry a large variety of 151 proof alcohol:
http://www.kappys.com/main.asp?request=search&search=151

There had been some discussion of Bacardi discontinuing the item. They were not forced out of the market by any regulatory decision. Its a legal and regulated product. Just as marijuana will be. There will be new laws and technologies created to test and manage proper and improper usage and sales of this legal product.

Sounds to me like one bad behavior justifying another bad behavior! Makes sense in the world we live in! Get ready for more carnage on the roads!

Looks like its passing question 4.

Impartial Observer

Sounds to me like one bad behavior justifying another bad behavior! Makes sense in the world we live in! Get ready for more carnage on the roads!

There is no justification for driving while impaired. The US once tried prohibition (of alcohol) and that didn't go over well and resulted in significant criminal elements involved with alcohol distribution. Most people partake is consumption of alcohol responsibly.

I dont use marijuana. I'm simply pointing out the comments in the thread about 151 rum were in correct (facts matter) and it is my belief that once there is a need, science and policy will catch up to how to test and punish THC or impairment levels. In the meantime, penalties should be extreme for driving while impaired.

Looks like more and more people smoke marijuana in the state of Massachusetts. Hope it works for the best interest in funding our historical state.

St. Paddy's Day is coming. Who wants some pot luck?