Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: K Paraprofessinal

As someone who attended the Roosevelt over 60 years ago, when (in my opinion) it had a great reputation, it is a shame to read/learn this.

Parent
I don't understand this at all....we are in such dire straits suddenly, right after an override failed that was NOT ADDRESSING ANY OF THIS.

The override, we were told, was going to take us from "good to great" , was ADDING curriculum coaches and ONE history teacher at the high school, which was neither needed or asked for, and a few support positions. It never addressed the problems with overcrowding, with our inability to hire subs. And we were suddenly told we needed to cut department chairs at the high school.

Bait and switch? Did the district try to use the MEF mommies to run their campaign by promising them what they wanted, with the intention of using the money to fill in the budget gaps when all these problems were eventually revealed?

Agree with this 100%.

How?
How can this system be in violation of IEPs, and nothing happens? Why are the parents of the SPED students allowing this? Report these people to DESE.

Have you ever thought that the parents of these students have no idea that their IEP is being violated? Most of these children can't advocate for themselves. Their Language skills aren't always perfect. It takes little trickles of information from staff telling the parents to complain. The administration repeatedly ask the teaching staff to break the law and violate these IEP's. What kind of community do we live in when we can't protect our most fragile children?

a Mom
How?
How can this system be in violation of IEPs, and nothing happens? Why are the parents of the SPED students allowing this? Report these people to DESE.

Have you ever thought that the parents of these students have no idea that their IEP is being violated? Most of these children can't advocate for themselves. Their Language skills aren't always perfect. It takes little trickles of information from staff telling the parents to complain. The administration repeatedly ask the teaching staff to break the law and violate these IEP's. What kind of community do we live in when we can't protect our most fragile children?

Most likely true. You are not with your child during the school day. You can only hope that the IEP is being followed. The school isn't going to tell you that it isn't. Even those IEP report cards don't have to be credible. How many times do you see 'making adequate progress' but knowing your own child, you scratch you head?

What about the teachers? Apparently, they are not willing to stick their necks out for the kids. This is what makes me sick of the teachers. They go on and on about how they love the kids and are not getting paid enough. Grow a spine and speak up for the kids. Prove yourself to be the teacher who really cares for her students.

Disappointed
What about the teachers? Apparently, they are not willing to stick their necks out for the kids. This is what makes me sick of the teachers. They go on and on about how they love the kids and are not getting paid enough. Grow a spine and speak up for the kids. Prove yourself to be the teacher who really cares for her students.
It's an indictment of the Taymore administration that employees consider it sticking their necks out to advoacte for a child in need. Imagine a Melrose if teachers were rewarded for helping students!

Indictment of Administration
Disappointed

It's an indictment of the Taymore administration that employees consider it sticking their necks out to advoacte for a child in need. Imagine a Melrose if teachers were rewarded for helping students!

Snap out of it! This fantasy of yours is never going to happen with the current mis-administrators. Just look at their track record: Office if Civil Rights violations, administrators filing false police reports and retaliatory false harassment charges against parents and children in local courts, repeated open meeting law violations and public records violations.
What are you somking anyway?[:-?]

Disappointed

TEACHERS WILL DO NOTHING IF THEY DONT GET PAID FOR IT. YOU KNOW THEY ARE TRYING TO SHAKE DOWN THE TEACHERS THAT HAVE 20 OR MORE YEARS. YOU WILL GET NO HELP FROM NO ONE YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

teachers
Disappointed

TEACHERS WILL DO NOTHING IF THEY DONT GET PAID FOR IT. YOU KNOW THEY ARE TRYING TO SHAKE DOWN THE TEACHERS THAT HAVE 20 OR MORE YEARS. YOU WILL GET NO HELP FROM NO ONE YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

That is so sad to hear that teachers would feel that way. I am voting yes to all the questions. The way the city of Melrose is so corrupted like Hillary. Trump has it correct but he's not a politician...

From a concerned parent.

Fairytail
Disappointed

Snap out of it! This fantasy of yours is never going to happen with the current mis-administrators. Just look at their track record: Office if Civil Rights violations, administrators filing false police reports and retaliatory false harassment charges against parents and children in local courts, repeated open meeting law violations and public records violations.
What are you somking anyway?[:-?]

Melrose is a Fairytail, I would think about selling your house soon if you can. Teachers if you haven't invested the years keep looking to get out of Melrose! CT and her administration has violated all charges and will be paying for years. Its not going to stop unless the people speak up and go to the school committee meeting FAST!!!

Disappointed

Parent for many years at the schools in Melrose. You will always get the 20% teacher or pars that will take the extra mile. Most of the teachers will not take another step unless paid. I had a special needs child and the para was telling me everything that was going on in the schools.

The paras are the ones to tell the parents everything. CT is trying to get rid of the paras. Teachers NEVER defend the paras, but the sucker paras will bend over for the teachers, and for the principals too.

Paras.
The paras are the ones to tell the parents everything. CT is trying to get rid of the paras. Teachers NEVER defend the paras, but the sucker paras will bend over for the teachers, and for the principals too.

This is a shame they don't defend the paras.

Go into Shaw's and you will see the real people that live in Melrose. Sad to say but Mayor Dolan should of put a Market Basket than a Whole Foods. He thinks this city is rich and the elderly live next to Whole Food and can't shop in that store.

Please. That place hasn't been the same since Cerrataini's sold it. Wood chips on the floor on a rainy day and honest service.

Foodmaster was cheaper than WF but infested with mice and rats. Old ladies like me hit Liberty Bell in that plaza. Or Rite Aid. Can always count on them having spam and Wonder Bread like I grew up on.

Melrose School moral is at an all-time low. I have worked here for 20 plus years, been through the ups and downs various superintendents and principals. This administration encourages dissension among coworkers. People who we considered friends are now stabbing each other in the backs to get ahead. We are a revolving door and who suffers the most? Your children. We are supposed to be teaching students academics, social skills and conflict resolution. How can shunning commence with a vengeance and continue until you can't take it no more. How can that be accomplished when we are poor examples encouraged to do so by Cyndi Taymore and our principals. Shame on this administration that employees are made to behave in such a reprehensible way just to survive here and save our jobs. If you don't follow this directive the ramifications of retaliation.

You are not @ school
a Mom
How?

Most likely true. You are not with your child during the school day. You can only hope that the IEP is being followed. The school isn't going to tell you that it isn't. Even those IEP report cards don't have to be credible. How many times do you see 'making adequate progress' but knowing your own child, you scratch you head?

Not happening teachers are letting the paras sub. for the day and don't care.

Stop It
Please. That place hasn't been the same since Cerrataini's sold it. Wood chips on the floor on a rainy day and honest service.

Foodmaster was cheaper than WF but infested with mice and rats. Old ladies like me hit Liberty Bell in that plaza. Or Rite Aid. Can always count on them having spam and Wonder Bread like I grew up on.

Mayor Dolan never should of allowed WF in Melrose. The Market Basket would of been great.

The schools need to get help for the kindergarten teachers or they will be leaving or not returning. This is a big problem in the schools. The schools don't even have enough subs. in the list of people and its a on going problem. The administration, SC and Mayor Dolan know about this for years. Most don't return subbing because its so low in pay. This is when the violations happen to the students.

K parents and MEF entitled ones need to accept reality
SpEd parents should lawyer up
the $ given to the schools is wasted by hypocritical politicians and lying administrators
the felon handles the personnel committee
jargon and bull **** fill every meeting
the business manager is hidden from the camera since she isn't qualified and failed MHS
CT's view of herself and her abilities equals that of Donald Trump
Dolan, the BOA and SC are responsible for CT and staff just like the Republican Party owns Trump
the kids in our school system are used for adult ego gratification and are cheated out of a decent education
the taxpayers sent a message last year with the defeat of the override by a 2 to 1 margin
feel sorry for the teachers and would advise against pursuing a career in education

Shaws.
Go into Shaw's and you will see the real people that live in Melrose. Sad to say but Mayor Dolan should of put a Market Basket than a Whole Foods. He thinks this city is rich and the elderly live next to Whole Food and can't shop in that store.

Sorry for the off topic but.
Your first sentence-I've been saying that for years.

BOMBED WITH LIVE TURKEYS
Shaws.

Sorry for the off topic but.
Your first sentence-I've been saying that for years.

Look around many houses are up for sale in Smelrose.

So many houses for sale because this is the big chance to really make some money selling. If you were thinking of moving, now is the time to maximize profit. Melrose is not worth the current selling prices but smart people are taking advantage of the market and moving on.

New fools move in. Enjoy the schools fool.

sick of it
K parents and MEF entitled ones need to accept reality
SpEd parents should lawyer up
the $ given to the schools is wasted by hypocritical politicians and lying administrators
the felon handles the personnel committee
jargon and bull **** fill every meeting
the business manager is hidden from the camera since she isn't qualified and failed MHS
CT's view of herself and her abilities equals that of Donald Trump
Dolan, the BOA and SC are responsible for CT and staff just like the Republican Party owns Trump
the kids in our school system are used for adult ego gratification and are cheated out of a decent education
the taxpayers sent a message last year with the defeat of the override by a 2 to 1 margin
feel sorry for the teachers and would advise against pursuing a career in education

I am so sick of the kindergarten teacher that will not help a new kindergarten teacher. Instead talk about her to everyone including the principal. This K teacher likes to act so important and will smile to your face and then gossip to everyone that will listen. Everyone knew from day one that she was telling the principal everything. Learn how to be a nice team.

$$$$
So many houses for sale because this is the big chance to really make some money selling. If you were thinking of moving, now is the time to maximize profit. Melrose is not worth the current selling prices but smart people are taking advantage of the market and moving on.

New fools move in. Enjoy the schools fool.

Only the smart residents get it and are selling. The others think the problem will go away and it will never go away. Its the city of Melrose the only thing nice is the center. Mayor Dolan and Cyndi Taymore will mess that up next those two together are like Bonnie and Clyde without weapons.

Sadly they do have a weapon: Our tax dollars, which they use gleefully to retaliate against those who file complaints or even simply question what they are doing. They use the tax payer's wallet to pay lawyers to concoct false charges against complainants and to defend themselves when they get caught.[:|]

I work at the middle school and my students mom works as a teacher in Charlestown. She told me the administration is so nice to everyone. If a problem arises it is taken care of so its not bring anger inside a employee. Melrose is so known for never investigating. This is how employees will hurt someone with this reputation. Look a the male teacher that took his life because the administration wouldn't give him help pretty sad.

Hillary Clintons adviser was killed by Hillary's Team he was made out to have killed himself. This is what goes on in the states, cities and our country because, Hillary is going to be made president of this country and change will never come. This country has only gotten more violent, rude, bullied, disrespected, hated, jealousy and greed. You still don't believe Marilyn Monroe OD and it was't the Kennedy's. This is what is allowed and expected even in the city of Melrose. Please get out and vote and if you liked what Obama did then keep Hillary. He can pardon her if she gets indited anyways...

the truth
Sadly they do have a weapon: Our tax dollars, which they use gleefully to retaliate against those who file complaints or even simply question what they are doing. They use the tax payer's wallet to pay lawyers to concoct false charges against complainants and to defend themselves when they get caught.[:|]

Everyone wonders why people use fake names on these strings look above mine. The city should be under some type of investigation soon.

Melrose
Melrose School moral is at an all-time low. I have worked here for 20 plus years, been through the ups and downs various superintendents and principals. This administration encourages dissension among coworkers. People who we considered friends are now stabbing each other in the backs to get ahead. We are a revolving door and who suffers the most? Your children. We are supposed to be teaching students academics, social skills and conflict resolution. How can shunning commence with a vengeance and continue until you can't take it no more. How can that be accomplished when we are poor examples encouraged to do so by Cyndi Taymore and our principals. Shame on this administration that employees are made to behave in such a reprehensible way just to survive here and save our jobs. If you don't follow this directive the ramifications of retaliation.

Everyone needs to read this twice maybe even three times.

LINCOLN TOO
Lincoln school has violated all one on ones students and IEP's this year also. Why don't teachers speak up to the principals???

I worked at the Roosevelt years ago and it was the worst place to work heard it's still so bad. The violations that went on then its a shame they are still able to allow this. Children have rights on IEP's too. I worked for the High School and loved it.The students and staff were so nice, except one teacher needs to go and CT lets her stay. The HS is so much nicer than the Roosevelt, it's pathetic in that school old or new never changed my friend tells me all the time.

Ilegal
Paras shouldn't be subbing period. They should never be taken from a kindergarten ever. Where are all these dip§hit parents? Shame on any teacher who doesn't have the guts to speak up. Cowards!!!!!!!

Hello, no paras in kindergarten this year! You do not want to sub. kindergarten. Maybe that's why building reps. never sub.

K
Ilegal
Paras shouldn't be subbing period. They should never be taken from a kindergarten ever. Where are all these dip§hit parents? Shame on any teacher who doesn't have the guts to speak up. Cowards!!!!!!!

Hello, no paras in kindergarten this year! You do not want to sub. kindergarten. Maybe that's why building reps. never sub.

Oh my! If you are a para you need to go back to kindergarten to get an education!

Geezer
As someone who attended the Roosevelt over 60 years ago, when (in my opinion) it had a great reputation, it is a shame to read/learn this.

Hey Geezer - this matter has been going on for years -and School Sup Taymore is complicit because she does nothing about this or other violations as evidenced by recent OCR findings against school system. The school admin system is a disgrace and being covered up the the entire school committee with Chair Driscoll at the head!

teachers
The schools need to get help for the kindergarten teachers or they will be leaving or not returning. This is a big problem in the schools. The schools don't even have enough subs. in the list of people and its a on going problem. The administration, SC and Mayor Dolan know about this for years. Most don't return subbing because its so low in pay. This is when the violations happen to the students.

Wilmington Publc Schools has a ad for substitutes. $125.00 per day !

Sub
teachers

Wilmington Publc Schools has a ad for substitutes. $125.00 per day !
an

Would you want to come to Melrose for $60 dollars and that's before taxes are taken out. Then you have to wait a month to get the forty something dollar check.

How do they get away with paying less than minimum wage?

Is it based on only a six hour school day? Min wage @ 10/hr x 6? Minimum wage is going up to $11/hr in Jan. Is the sub pay getting increased?

New Secretary?
Who is the new secretary at the Roosevelt?

Ms. Molly and she is my friend. Be nice to her she is a kind lady and would do anything for anyone. Hope that school is nice to you and the principal from what I heard of her.

Wage Claim

Is it based on only a six hour school day? Min wage @ 10/hr x 6? Minimum wage is going up to $11/hr in Jan. Is the sub pay getting increased?

They increased it this year from $55 to $60!

Wage Claim

The city then takes the paras out of the room they are to be in for the day. That's saving the city more money but more violations happen when a para is removed to sub. in a classroom.

Sub
Wage Claim

They increased it this year from $55 to $60!

CT increased it to 5 more dollars what a sport.

What

The system is a big joke and Melrose is laughed about in other cities and towns.

K teachers if you don't have a para in your class they are trying to get rid of you that is the word. Have your health go down have people complain about you and your classroom like parents and teachers you think are your friend. Margaret Adams wants you OUT!! No way you can not have a para in kindergarten class.

Schools don't go by state minimum wage, they follow federal.

And true, no para in your room. Watch your back.

If you have four paras for a whole elementary school and one or two of those are mandated for a child that leaves 2 paras for a whole school. It doesn't work. The state removed the K para funding leaving K teachers to have to fight for help like the rest of the grades are used to.

Emergency hearing should of been filed by the union over this matter and where the Hell are the parents they don't give a hoot as long as they can go to work and come home 9 or 10 hours later. Get the hell to the superintendents office the hell with the principals because they are full of ****.

I am still waiting for my child to get a paraprofessional in her kindergarten class they have over 20 kids in the class. Is this something that CT is changing too?

No such thing as a part time para. Could someone tell me where I sign up for one. My Kindergarten class is still waiting since September and its the 100th day of school.

All I would hope is you have a great team system and you are working together helping one another is so important when teaching. You are working for the same goals so stay strong my team purposely was hurting me including the principal too. I left teaching after 15 years.

1 2