Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: K Paraprofessinal

What's that! Do we even have any k paraprofessionals anymore?

There are no K Paras because kindergarten is not mandatory. So stop moping around about this issue. There are other issues to be fought such as children who should be on IEPs and are not, classroom over crowding, low esteem of teachers (this can effect a child greatly), and no teamwork.

At the Roosevelt all the parents care about is recycling. They drop their kids off at school and could give a shxx what is going on until they are picked up (or are sent to the after school program). I suggest if you have a complaint (with proof), then get other parents together and go to the Free Press, or stampede a School Committee meeting. DO something, stop complaining, this is getting nowhere.

The Schools sh.t

Paras in all schools are being taken off their assignment and told to sub. I work at the HM and you wonder how kids are learning. All special needs children are not getting what the law provides them.

Wait a Minute
There are no K Paras because kindergarten is not mandatory. So stop moping around about this issue. There are other issues to be fought such as children who should be on IEPs and are not, classroom over crowding, low esteem of teachers (this can effect a child greatly), and no teamwork.

At the Roosevelt all the parents care about is recycling. They drop their kids off at school and could give a shxx what is going on until they are picked up (or are sent to the after school program). I suggest if you have a complaint (with proof), then get other parents together and go to the Free Press, or stampede a School Committee meeting. DO something, stop complaining, this is getting nowhere.

This is today's parents and it's almost March. Parents are just realizing kindergarten has NO paras. only if qualified. CT said that K classrooms have part time paras not true.

Winthrop School parent concerned about principals reputation. Lately I have notice what many parents have been talking about since he became principal two years ago. This man should not be in a school set up with children.

To worried mother. I am sure you have valid reasons to worry. But, really, you do understand that your comments on this board will do absolutely nothing to resolve any problem you may perceive. All of the people who moan and complain on this board never seem to show up at the SC meetings. If there are truly lots of worried parents and citizens, I always wonder why these people do not band together, formulate their grievances, and present their issues with suggestions for resolution.

???
To worried mother. I am sure you have valid reasons to worry. But, really, you do understand that your comments on this board will do absolutely nothing to resolve any problem you may perceive. All of the people who moan and complain on this board never seem to show up at the SC meetings. If there are truly lots of worried parents and citizens, I always wonder why these people do not band together, formulate their grievances, and present their issues with suggestions for resolution.

This is the EXACT place to voice your concerns so that other parents can read what is really going on in our schools! This message board is read by many members of the school community as well as interested parties. Bringing criticisms and personal issues like this before is not acceptable practice according to the school committee norms as Margaret Driscoll has them written- if brought up to them as has been done many times previously - they will not permit it and will rule you out of order.

Our school committee is made up of self-interested remembers who do not want to hear about any negative feedback. They know what's going on in the schools and who the terrible teachers are as well as bad actor teachers - but no one wants to rock the boat for fear of repercussion - the system is now corrupt - corrupted by our superintendent, corrupted by Margaret Driscoll and get-along/go-along school committee! This is a known fact by those who truly know what's going on!

Sorry to being you the bad news - be sure to vote for new members and hope for the best!

I am not espousing that there are not major issues- I am only saying that this board- though it may be a good sounding board for some- will not change anything. The board has been around for many years, and the problems have only gotten worse. I do know that the SC may not permit open communication. I also know that if a petition is signed by more than 300 people ( Not sure if that is the correct #, should be confirmed) an issue has to be placed on the Alderman agenda. If so many people are up in arms about the hidden legal bills- that should be something may be tackled in this way. And I agree on voting for new members- but that didn't help in the last election!

Two kindergarten teachers CH and KO made it so hard for a K teacher to do well. And the administration would not give her a para. It should be a team and it is far from that. Clean the swamp.

1 2