Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Schools & School Committee
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Melrose Substitute Teachers

Happy New Year,

What is the hourly rate for a Melrose substitute teacher?

Many thanks for your responses!

Re: Melrose Substitute Teachers

$60 day, 6 1/2 hrs.

We can pay GIC for BOA members and "float" a new library !
Nuts !

Unemployment
$60 day, 6 1/2 hrs.
They are trying to get help because every teacher, para, parent is aware of the situation. I do believe the administration is on this Melrose messages. They are posting lies after lies get rid of this group of failures.

That's why I left Melrose 55 dollars without taxes taken out and wait a month to get paid! Min.wage just went up a dollar. Then when I worked at one school a lady thought she was going to tell me what the hell to do.

NYU
Happy New Year,

You are kidding correct? It's a joke I left substitute teaching in Melrose because it was 55 dollars for the day without taxes taken out. Then Melrose don't pay you for a month later. The payroll is a mess and CT wants full control and is getting it. Look in other cities heard they pay 75 dollars and up.

are you kidding
NYU
Happy New Year,

You are kidding correct? It's a joke I left substitute teaching in Melrose because it was 55 dollars for the day without taxes taken out. Then Melrose don't pay you for a month later. The payroll is a mess and CT wants full control and is getting it. Look in other cities heard they pay 75 dollars and up.

Wilmington $125 per day. Woburn $100 per day

Don't worry. Why pay big bucks for someone to put on a movie? Don't think any teaching is going to take place.

I am a new teacher to the city of Melrose and I don't understand how they get away with the violations. The special need students are being violated every day. Is this PWL job if so someone should be monitoring it.

new teacher
I am a new teacher to the city of Melrose and I don't understand how they get away with the violations. The special need students are being violated every day. Is this PWL job if so someone should be monitoring it.

If Melrose would use a temp agency fo get substitutes they would cut down on the sped violations. Paras would then be able to do their jobs assisting students as their ed plans require

Slave labor
Don't worry. Why pay big bucks for someone to put on a movie? Don't think any teaching is going to take place.

Not allowed to watch movies anymore. They have taken everything away from Melrose. Substitutes are a thing of the pass. Very rarely the school will send a substitute for your teacher or student. Its not like before the substitute teachers have to follow what the teachers left them. So parents get yourself in the school and do some volunteering your child will love it and your teacher too.

It's a laugh to substitute in Melrose. You will leave the school feeling like a walking Google. The information staff has told me on how most teachers do not like each other. I was even more amazed to here they are very cheap people. I don't know what is happening. It seems like more teacher's want to leave Melrose schools. Best to send your child to a Charter or Catholic school. Not sure how happy the public schools are becoming with this administration.

Priorities !
We can pay GIC for BOA members and "float" a new library !
Nuts !

You are so right this is a disgrace to all the residents that live in Melrose.

MA min wage pays more than subs